Suggestions to improve Essentials

FloofyPanther

Doing it myself and it still isn't done right
I believe that a good feature would be the auto-animation of some water tiles. Many water tiles just move to the bottom right corner, and from my own experience, it is a hassle to manually animate. This would save a lot of time for developers and allow them to focus more on making their game into a masterpiece.

Also, I think that an in-game resizer of sprites like EBS has would save a lot of space. It would also make sprites easier to edit because people wouldn't have to half the size of sprites before editing and double the size after (not a big problem tho, the storage space is what is most important).

FloofyPanther

Doing it myself and it still isn't done right
I have been debating whether to put the roamer's current location information in the Pokédex or the Town Map. I still can't decide - it's a location where you can find the Pokémon so the Pokédex makes more sense, but I can easily imagine you setting loose a roamer but you haven't "seen" it yet (in terms of having an entry for it in your Pokédex) so it'd be a complete fluke to encounter it the first time. It's shown in the Town Map only in Gen 4, which is a minus for that side.

A roamer is supposed to be the exact same Pokémon each time, though. I've just tested it and it remembers how much HP it had between encounters, and there's nothing special about HP to make that remembered but nothing else. Are you sure you weren't knocking it out between encounters? That will cause it to re-generate and be different, I think.

A roamer only changes location when you change maps, and you can't encounter it more than once while on the same map. It's not a bug, it's intentional, although I can see that it should immediately go elsewhere if you're able to see its current location.
I'd say town map, since the ui is supposed to be based on gen 4. Maybe you can do something so the roaming Pokémon only show up if the town map is opened through the pokegeae