Pulling up the Fly Map in an event

MarcStuts08

Novice
I want to create a Flight service that allows the player to pay $500 at a depot to fly to any city they've been to before.

I figure the event should be fairly simple, branch yes or no, yes has the player pay $500 then pulls up the Fly Map for the player to select the place they wish to fly too.

What's snagging my plan is I don't know how to pull up the Fly Map in an event, or if it's even something you can do.

Is it possible to have the event transition into the Fly sequence? Or am I better off using a different method?

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
This is the code you would run in the event: I would recommend to actually condense all of that into one function in the scripts and just calling that.
Ruby:
def myCustomFlyThingy
            scene = PokemonRegionMap_Scene.new(-1,false)
            screen = PokemonRegionMapScreen.new(scene)
            ret = screen.pbStartFlyScreen
            if ret
                 $PokemonTemp.flydata = ret
                        pbFadeOutIn {
                        $game_temp.player_new_map_id    = $PokemonTemp.flydata[0]
                        $game_temp.player_new_x         = $PokemonTemp.flydata[1]
                        $game_temp.player_new_y         = $PokemonTemp.flydata[2]
                        $game_temp.player_new_direction = 2
                        $PokemonTemp.flydata = nil
                        $scene.transfer_player
                        $game_map.autoplay
                        $game_map.refresh
                 }
                 return true
          end
          return false
end

also sorry for the weird indenting ... I hate this editor ...

EDIT: made it into a function that you can throw into your scripts. Also introduced a return value that tells you whether the player actually used fly or not. If they didn't you can use this in an if-statement to not have the player pay.

Samdeman123124

Novice
This is the code you would run in the event: I would recommend to actually condense all of that into one function in the scripts and just calling that.
Ruby:
def myCustomFlyThingy
            scene = PokemonRegionMap_Scene.new(-1,false)
            screen = PokemonRegionMapScreen.new(scene)
            ret = screen.pbStartFlyScreen
            if ret
                 $PokemonTemp.flydata = ret
                        pbFadeOutIn {
                        $game_temp.player_new_map_id    = $PokemonTemp.flydata[0]
                        $game_temp.player_new_x         = $PokemonTemp.flydata[1]
                        $game_temp.player_new_y         = $PokemonTemp.flydata[2]
                        $game_temp.player_new_direction = 2
                        $PokemonTemp.flydata = nil
                        $scene.transfer_player
                        $game_map.autoplay
                        $game_map.refresh
                 }
                 return true
          end
          return false
end

also sorry for the weird indenting ... I hate this editor ...

EDIT: made it into a function that you can throw into your scripts. Also introduced a return value that tells you whether the player actually used fly or not. If they didn't you can use this in an if-statement to not have the player pay.
Hey, I have been looking how to implement this type of script into my game, and found this! Just curious, where do I put this script? In a pre-made section, or in a new section above main? Sorry if it is painfully obvious.

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
Hey, I have been looking how to implement this type of script into my game, and found this! Just curious, where do I put this script? In a pre-made section, or in a new section above main? Sorry if it is painfully obvious.
I'd make it a new section above main ... just because it's easier to keep track of your changes that way