Released Pokémon Banished Platinum

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Capture.PNG

Hello Relic Castle users, this is Pokémon Banished Platinum: a Pokémon Platinum remake for Pokémon Essentials. Sinnoh remakes have been confirmed, as well as Legends: Arceus, a brand new take on the Pokémon series that looks pretty exciting if they polish it up before release. My remake of Platinum is almost opposite to the philosophy of Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. For one, it remakes the best game Sinnoh has to offer, and secondly, instead of being extremely faithful to the original, it preserves the important elements such as region layout and plot, while introducing whole new features and a plethora of Pokémon previously unobtainable in an expanded Pokédex.

Plot:

Since this is a Platinum remake, the Plot is identical to that of the original. For those unfamiliar with Platinum, my summary goes as follows:

You are a young child from Twinleaf Town with no Pokémon. Your childhood friend wants to visit the region's professor, Professor Rowan, to obtain a Pokémon from him, but is reckless in nature and wants to go through the tall grass, despite having no Pokémon for self defense. Before the pair can begin their dangerous mission, Prof. Rowan stops them and allows them to have his starter Pokémon: their choice of Turtwig, Chimchar or Piplup. The two become rivals and journey throughout the Sinnoh region on a quest to defeat the 8 gym leaders and fill up the Pokédex for the professor, along with his assistant, Lucas/Dawn. Meanwhile, Team Galactic is planning to awaken the Pokémon gods of time and space, Dialga and Palkia, to create a new world, free of humanity's spirit. Will Cyrus' plan come to fruition or will he be stopped? Sinnoh is a region full of mystery, and your adventure will awaken its secrets.

Features:
  • Expanded Sinnoh Dex - The Sinnoh Pokédex is pretty small when compared to those of modern Pokémon games, sitting at a maximum of 210 Pokémon with the expansion made in Platinum. USUM and SWSH both have a dex of 400 Pokémon each, with extra Pokémon obtainable that don't have dex entries. I am aiming for somewhere in the 400s in the new Sinnoh dex, and Pokémon from generations after gen 4 are included.
  • Every TM from Sun and Moon - All 100 TMs available in the Alola games will also be available here, along with some extras associated with Gym Leaders and for use in the field.
  • No HMs - Those familiar with the Sinnoh games know the pain of being practically forced to use a Bibarel due to the sheer amount of HMs required to get through the region. While the obstacles these HMs were tied to will remain, the HMs themselves have been removed. If a Pokémon can learn an HM move, they can use the move in the field without needing it in their moveset!
  • Following Pokémon - The fan-favorite feature from HeartGold and SoulSilver makes its way to Sinnoh. Every Pokémon in the game will be able to follow you in the overworld.
  • Ability Capsules in Marts - In the original Platinum game, all the marts except for Sandgem Town's had two NPCs selling items. In this game, the male NPC sells what he sold in the original, with the addition of Ability Capsules. They are half the price of the mainline games, so they cost $5000.
  • Megas - Mega forms make their return after their absence from the main game of Sun and Moon and their complete exclusion from Sword and Shield. There are new megas, too! The starters each have a mega, and some other Sinnoh Pokémon will have them as well.
  • Hearthome Colosseum - To replace the Contest Hall since there are no contests in Pokémon Essentials, that building has been turned into the Hearthome Colosseum. Here, you can participate in three different types of tournaments, though only one is unlocked when you first make it there. You can do the Single Battle Challenge, the Double Battle Challenge, and the Triple Battle Challenge. Each one requires you to beat five trainers in a row (four and a boss trainer) and results in a rare and powerful gift Pokémon for you. This is inspired by the Colosseums in Pokémon Colosseum, and just like the ones in that game's story mode, you can level up during these battles. You will also encounter characters you may not have been expecting to!
  • Tougher Gym Leaders - All the Sinnoh Gym Leaders will have buffed up and/or changed teams to make them more challenging. This includes max IVs for all their Pokémon, increased EVs that become higher with each successive Gym, better abilities on their Pokémon, access to egg moves, and more secondary type diversity.
  • Nuzlocke Mode - Before you start your game, during the intro sequence with Professor Rowan, you have the option of playing in the standard mode or opting into Nuzlocke Mode. Any of your defeated Pokémon die permanently in Nuzlocke Mode, and blacking out results in a game over, wiping your save. Any Pokémon encountered in a hidden grotto will be shiny in this mode. Once activated, this cannot be turned off, so it's recommended to be serious about doing a Nuzlocke run if you choose this. To play in Nuzlocke Mode, simply choose "Nuzlocke" and then "yes" after the explanation.
  • Hidden Grottos - Rare and scattered about the Sinnoh region, the player will be able to find Hidden Grottos, hidden areas that require exploration to find. These will contain rare Pokémon and/or items, and for Nuzlocke players, the deal is even sweeter. Those in Nuzlocke mode will encounter shiny Pokémon in these Grottos, but they are rare and you must work to find them.
  • Sinnohan Forms - Some Pokémon from Gens 5-8 will have regional forms specific to Sinnoh. Pokémon from Gens 1-4 won't have any (unless they already have one) because these Pokémon were obtainable in the original game and had no regional forms. I know this is because they hadn't thought of the concept yet, but I don't want to change that regardless. Regional forms from other regions are also obtainable via trade, so you're not missing out on too much.
  • Starter Signature Moves - Torterra, Infernape, and Empoleon each learn a unique move of their own upon evolution, as this seems to be the trend of the modern series. Their signature moves are each are based on their secondary typing, and do 95 (Empoleon and Infernape) or 105 (Torterra)damage.
  • Trainer Convenience Floor - To replace the defunct WiFi services in the original Platinum, the top floor of every Pokémon Center has been reworked. It now houses four different services that are inspired by Sword and Shield. They are Pokémon nicknaming, Pokémon grooming (only available once a day), move deletion, and move remembrance (functions the same as it does in Sword and Shield, where you can teach a move for free that the Pokémon learns naturally or has been taught before). All of these services come at no cost to the player, and are there to make your life a little easier. The basement floor has been removed entirely.
  • DPPt Font and Windowskins - To add to the authentic Sinnoh feel, the default windowskin is the same as the default one from Platinum. The alt windowskins are the alts from Platinum, followed by the main and alts from Diamond and Pearl. The font is the same font used in the Sinnoh games, a modified version of Power Clear designed to mimic it exactly. I feel that other font options would go against the style I am going for, so they will not be included.
  • Character Portraits - Important characters have portraits for their dialogue. These are taken from their official art, so they are very high quality and look quite good in-game.
  • DexNav - A nerfed version of ORAS' DexNav feature that allows you to view the list of encounters for the area you're in. No shiny chaining or egg move features. This is helpful for people who haven't played before, as it allows you to see the Pokémon that have been added to each route to supplement the traditional Sinnoh encounters.
  • All Sinnoh Legendaries Obtainable - Every Sinnoh legendary will be integrated in some way, be it through working their special events naturally into the story, or something new. Sinnoh's lore and Legendary Pokémon selection is one of its stand-out features, and this is something that I think needs to be done right.
  • All Three Starters Obtainable - You can choose one from Professor Rowan's briefcase, and during the rest of the game, you can find NPCs you can trade with for the two you don't have.
  • Pokémon Legends: Arceus Starters Obtainable - Over the generations, the formerly exotic Pokémon Rowlet, Cyndaquil, and Oshawott have integrated into Sinnoh's ecosystem. You can find these three Pokémon on various routes throughout the game.
  • Revamped Jubilife TV - This location is rather uninteresting in the real games, being little more than a place where you can dress up your Pokémon, and honestly, who wants to even do that? I have given this place an overhaul, gutting the records rooms and replacing them with battle rooms where you face two trainers in each one. One of the rooms (the blue one) is the Single Battle room, and the green room is the Double Battle room. Defeating the two trainers in a given room gives you one of two vouchers you need to exchange for a gift Pokémon. What that Pokémon is, I will not say :)
  • Second Rival - Lucas/Dawn becomes your second rival, so they can be battled as well as Barry. This wasn't a feature in the original and I think they should have allowed this, since they gave these two their own teams you can only see during double battles with them on your side.
  • No Trade Evolutions - The Link Cable item from the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games makes its way into this, and replaces all standard trade evolutions. Pokémon that evolve through trading while holding an item simply require it to hold that item and level up. All the evolutionary stones and the Link Cable will be available for purchase at the Veilstone Department store, similarly to how you can buy them at Kanto's Department store. The same goes for the evolutionary hold items, because I don't like locking away Pokémon that people might want to use behind items that are extremely rare and difficult to obtain, or can only be obtained really late in the game.
  • Wonder Trade - Though trading evolutions have been removed for everyone's sanity, a trading related feature that has not been removed is the GTS/Wonder Trade. When you go to the Global Terminal in Jubilife City, you will be greeted with the GTS, which allows you to perform a wonder trade with a random trainer. You will receive a Pokémon of similar strength to what you offered. If you offer a legendary, you will get another legendary in return, but if you offer a Bidoof, you will get a similarly weak Pokémon.
  • Box Link - There are many gift Pokémon in this game, and this tool which replaces the Pokétch will save you lots of time when it comes to receiving these Pokémon. Thanks to it, you don't need to run to the nearest Pokémon Center to make space for a Pokémon, you can simply go to your bag and access your Pokémon storage from there.

Pokédex (WIP) :

(This is not up-to-date, I've hit the limit that this dex preview tool provides, so there are many more Pokémon than this currently)
pokedex.png

Screenshots:

Rowan.PNG

Rowan in the intro

Nuzlocke.PNG

Choosing "Nuzlocke" here will allow you activate Nuzlocke Mode

Gender.PNG

Choosing your character

ChimcharFollowing.PNG

Chimchar following the player

PMC Move Deleter.PNG

PMC Move Deleter

Barry.png

Barry's portrait

Encounters.PNG

DexNav

Message.PNG

SingleBattle.PNG

Battle UI

EternaForest.PNG

Eterna Forest

DoubleIntro.PNG

Cheryl partner in Eterna Forest

Capture.PNG

Vs Gardenia

RotomFormRoom.PNG

Room for changing Rotom's form - available as soon as Team Galactic leaves Eterna

Capture.PNG

Cynthia offering her egg

Capture.PNG

Old Chateau

Capture.PNG

Sinnohan Mimikyu

Capture.PNG

First Lucas/Dawn Battle

Credits:

Pokémon:

The Pokémon Company
GameFreak
Nintendo

Pokémon Essentials:
Flameguru
Peter O.
Maruno
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
and everyone else who helped out

Modified Power Clear:
Peter O.
Mr. Gela

DPPt Choice Windowskins:
VanillaSunshine

Gen 4 OW Pack (Barry and Mom sprites):
izzyvicious
39Gamer
Kyle-Dove
kymotoniane
KleinStudio
MegamanOmega
Sindorman
Kimba616
N-Sora-96
OmeGaGa
The-Devils-Corpse
Rafael-Animal
Brawlzilla
Mademoiselle
ricegate

ALL Gen 4 Overworlds:
VanillaSunshine
Neo-Spriteman
VanillaSunshine
PurpleZaffre
Maicerochico
AtomicReactor

Gen 4 and 5 Trainers in Gen 4 OW Style:
DiegoWT

Character Customization Pack:
Poltergeist

Following Pokémon EX:
Golisopod User
Help-14
zingzags
Rayd12smitty
mej71
Help-14
PurpleZaffre
Akizakura16

Gen 8 Following Pokémon:
SageDeoxys
Wolfang62

Other Poké Balls:
xUMG

Tilsets:
Wesley FG
Akizakura16
Magiscarf
SailorVicious
Shawn Frost
NSora-96
PeekyChew
Kyle-Dove
Claisprojects.com
Minorthreat0987
The-Red-Ex
UltimoSpriter
TyranitarDark
DarkDragonn
rafa-cac
Phyromatical
Alucus
Newtiteuf
ChaoticCherryCake
moca
ditto209

DPPt Style Signposts:
PurpleZaffre
LostSoulsDev/carmaniac

Gen 4 and 5 Trainer Sprites + PBS:
Mr. Gela

Scripting Utilities:
Luka S.J.
Marin

Better Bitmaps:
Marin

Modular Title Screen:
Luka S.J.

DPPt Pause Menu:
Marin

DPPt Summary Screen:
Mr. Gela

Hidden Encounter System:
DerxwnaKapsyla

Black and White Gender Select:
DeepBlue PacificWaves
KleinStudio

Advanced Flexible Starter Selection:
Limnodromus
Shiney570

Encounter List UI:
raZ
Nuri Yuri
Vendily
Savordez
Marin
Zaffre
ThatWelshOne_

Nuzlocke Permadeath:
NettoHikari

Day/Night Cycle:
VanillaSunshine

Easy Mouse System
Luka S.J.

Trade Expert
Luka S.J.

Field Moves Defined By Species
Lexor

Speech Bubbles
Carmaniac
Avery
Boonzeet

Honey Tree
bo4p5687

Fogs
Mr. Gela

Pokédex Maker
Pepperton

Side Stairs
Boonzeet

Mid-Battle Dialogue/Scripted Battles
Golisopod User
Luka S.J.

Invalid Tile Eraser
Maruno

BW Shout Effect
Boonzeet

Gen 8 Project Mega Evolution Fix
Golisopod User

Mega Mismagius, Mega Torterra, Mega Infernape, Mega Empoleon, Mega Staraptor Y, M̴̛̘̰͍͕͉̀̈́̄̄̄̑̎̊̓̊̅͜͝͝͝í̵̡͍͙̣̥͕̮̔̀̽̈́̑͐̊̀͘͝ş̸͍̟̙̞̮̣͔̮̰̝͎͛̄̂̏̄̌͋̆̔̕͜ͅs̸̢̙̩͇̼͍̘̰͉̔͂̍̑̎́͌̓͐͌͂̈͑̏í̷̧̢͎͈͉̗͍̱̹̱̹͜n̸̛̗̰̫̥͊̽͌̈́̈́̾͋͊̎̕ͅĝ̷̖̾͗̏̓̄̊͘ṋ̴͓̗͒͌̉̀̆̈́̔͊̔́͑͜͠o̴͎̩̗̜̙͚̠̯̰̻̝̬̹̙̜̹̍ͅ
King_Waluigi

Bug Spotting
Shishiboo
BenzodiazeTeo

Character sprites, Alpha Arceus, Sinnohan Alcremie
lichenprincess

Music
Zame

Title Screen, Battle UI Bars, Screen Border, Mega Staraptor X, Sinnohan Zorua line
BiggusWeeabus

Pokémon Reborn Move Animations
Pokémon Reborn animators

Gen 8 Move Animations
StCooler
DarryBD99
WolfPP
ardicoozer
riddlemeree

Better Gen 5 Backsprites
Dreadwing93

Gen 6+ Backsprites
MrDollSteak
Spherical-Ice
Various contributors to the Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource
Vanilla Sunshine
Dreadwing93
Prodigal95
leparagon
Z-nogyroP
zlolxd
elazulmax
mangamanga
Pokemon-Subrosia
Gnomowladny
jabariwilliams
Hkaichim
Bioseth
44tim44

That's all the credits for now, but I fully expect this list to grow as I continue developing this game.

Discord

Current Version Download

Last edited:

Leondrea

Trainer
I'm impressed that one already had the idea to develop a remake of a Gen 4 game.
I like that! If I were you I would change the Galar Zigzagoon and Galar Obstagoon to a regional Sinnoh Fakemon.
E.g. take a Zigzagoon Sprite to recolour it to look like it comes from Sinnoh, think of what type the Sinnoh-Form would have?
When I think back to when I played diamond and platinum then I must think of the rock type, because there were the Gym Leader with the rock type Pokémon, and there were also a lot of fossils that were available through mining. I also think you could add a minigame for mining, I believe it comes
with Essentials, depending on which version you're using, but I think it comes with v.16+ if not much earlier.

Add more regional variants for Pokémon (recoloured Pokémon) you could add more evolutions from Pokémon from Gen 4.
I like the idea of Jubilife TV, but you could do it as they did in X and Y or USUM, where they added buildings with elevators and with
people working there who wanted to fight, and still, though the buildings they did, were so detailed and even if nothing important happened there,
people knew what the building was about.

And think of how they had made a remake of Ruby and Sapphire in 3D, they took the old story and integrated a new story inside of that with a bunch of new features, the "DexNav" and that sneaking in the grass, being one of them. I think that's it, what's all about.

To do it much better you could implement those new features of Sword and Shield, where the Pokémon OW-sprite appears in the grass and everywhere. Try to do it open world, Dynamax could also be a new feature, but with Pokémon of Sinnoh. Your game has a lot of potentials, that needs to be exploited in a positive way of saying. You don't have to accept my ideas, just think about that. I'm looking forward to how your game will look as soon as it's finished developing.

Zygoat

Trainer
Add more regional variants for Pokémon (recoloured Pokémon) you could add more evolutions from Pokémon from Gen 4.
I hadn't considered doing this, but I really like the idea so I think I'll give it a try. If you have any other ideas for regional forms, I'd like to hear them! I decided to only go with regional forms for Pokémon that didn't exist in the original Platinum, so that there are no contradictions.

Last edited:

Zygoat

Trainer
I have currently finished creating the Gardenia battle. When I finish Hearthome City and everything within it, I will release a demo. Before that though, I need to finish the rest of Eterna's events (already have the map itself finished), I need to make the cycling road, Wayward cave, Route 211, Route 207 and the lower area of Mt. Coronet. Here's a peek at Eterna City. For anyone looking forward to this, thank you for your patience, I am working as fast as I can.
Exported Map.png

Zygoat

Trainer
Here's the first regional form you encounter in the game, Sinnohan Mimikyu. It can be found in the Old Chateau along with Gastly, Rattata and Glameow (my logic being that Rattata have infested the abandoned building and stray Glameow live in there and feed on them).
778.png
778b.png
778s.png
778sb.png

Sinnohan Mimikyu wears a Pachirisu costume due to Pachirisu's popularity in the Sinnoh region.

Zygoat

Trainer
I've finished the first floor of Wayward Cave and am working on the second (events, already finished layout) so there's only a few more maps to do before I release the demo. I wanted to show off the second regional form in the game, which is catchable in Wayward Cave.
595.png
595b.png
595s.png
595sb.png

596.png
596b.png
596s.png
596sb.png

Bug/Ground type Joltik and Galvantula, based on trapdoor spiders and their attack and special attack have been swapped so now they're physical attackers.

King_Waluigi

Trainer
If you need any help with megas, I like helping out with stuff like that! For instance, you could get the Key Stone in Celestic Town, or if you wanting to put it in a place sooner, in Mt. Coronet or Eterna City.

Zygoat

Trainer
If you need any help with megas, I like helping out with stuff like that! For instance, you could get the Key Stone in Celestic Town, or if you wanting to put it in a place sooner, in Mt. Coronet or Eterna City.
Since I don't have HMs in the game, what I did was I made it so Cynthia gives you a mega ring when she would normally give you the HM for cut. Since it's pretty early in the game, she doesn't give you any mega stones and you have to find them yourself. So far, I've got the Steelixite and Mawilite in the game

King_Waluigi

Trainer
Awesome! I could help with some new mega sprites if you want, but I can't give long term commitment to this project, as I'm working on my own fangame!

King_Waluigi

Trainer
And by new mega sprites, I mean new megas. What is the highest level Pokemon that is fightable at the time you get the mega ring?

Zygoat

Trainer
The highest leveled Pokémon at that point would be Jupiter's level 23 Skuntank. Gardenia's Roserade is at level 22.

Last edited: