Other A question related to Essentials GS Scripting

This thread does not pertain to a related version of Pokémon Essentials.

0maeWaM0uShindeiru

Rookie
I believe Essentials GS is built off of V16 of Pokemon Essentials, but that is not the question I have. I was wondering how to script an item called the HM KING, which when used would bring up a menu of all the HM Moves for you to use in the form of a choice system, and depending on the choice would use that specific HM. It would be an item you obtain fairly late though, in fact getting it after the fourth gym, as a sort of balancer since until after that point you do not really come across any HM-related obstacles.

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
It sounds like it'd be a little clumsy to navigate to me, since it basically adds another menu to navigate to get to a specific HM. Instead of going to the trouble of creating a whole new menu, why not just give the player multiple items for HMs instead? Most of the time, the player's going to interact with the obstacle rather than the menu anyways (cutting trees, smashing rocks, surfing, etc), so it's not like you'd need to worry about them finding the item in the bag.

Marin's HM Items might be a useful resource, although it was made for v17, so I don't know if it'll be compatible.