Resource icon

Resource Pokegear (HGSS)

bo4p5687

Cooltrainer
bo4p5687 submitted a new resource:

Pokegear (HGSS) - This script creates screen like HGSS. It supports mouse mode.

How to use
Put this script above "Main"
Download This. Put these graphics in Graphics\Pictures\Pokegear HGSS
You can set the maps where player can call in def canCall, find put the number in map = []
Example: map = [2] # It means when you go to map 2, you can't call.
You can set new music ListMusicRadio, read the lines and you can add this.

Code
Code:

Read more about this resource...

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
The resource is definitely good, but there seem to be a lot of quirks/issues with the script that need fixing.
  • When opening the Pokegear, the UI immediately appears on screen instead of fading in like anything else would with a different menu/ui.
  • The font is in Arial instead of whatever the game uses as its default font
  • In the Radio menu, you can't click on the individual sections (March/Lullaby/Oak/Custom), only the arrows- is this intentional?
  • Speaking of the Radio menu, changing songs in the Custom screen still acts up- though, this is present in default Essentials in the original Pokegear (and Debug Menu)
  • When you select the Map icon, the UI very briefly flickers an empty Map screen before fading into the region map. Same for when you close the Map.
  • Also when closing the map, it puts you back on whatever UI you were on before tapping it.
  • The Phone UI is really buggy, most notably when there's no numbers recorded in the phone (which might be a problem for people who use the resource, but don't do phone calls).
    • If you press the Down arrow on the UI or on the keyboard, the selection box will go up
    • Pressing the Z key on either the UI or the Keyboard on a blank entry will cause the game to throw up an error report, shown in the pastebin link and in the video.

bo4p5687

Cooltrainer
The resource is definitely good, but there seem to be a lot of quirks/issues with the script that need fixing.
1. I think if you use some features and it does quickly, it is perfect.
2. I use Arial because it's nice font when showing. If you want to change, I can give you where you can change it.
3. Yes! When you press Arrow, it will move up or down, and when you press the big rectangle, it will play this.
4. I really don't understand here, the radio will play music like original Pokegear (just different UI).
5. I fixed it (show map).
6. I want to it. If you want to display Main Page after using Map, below
Code:
pbShowMapPokegear
you can see
Code:
        case @beforeshowmap
        when 0; @process = 0
        when 1; @process = 1
        when 2; @process = 2
        when 3; @process = 4
        end
change it into
Code:
@process = 0
(You should use the new script, I changed some lines)
7. I fixed it (Case: You don't have any phone numbers).

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
I'll give the changes a test later, and edit my thoughts into this post. Thanks for the reply!

EDIT: Everything seems to be in a much better state now! My only real issue remains with the fact that the UI just immediately appears on the screen instead of fading in like any other screen (like the bag or trainer card) would.

Last edited:

bo4p5687

Cooltrainer
I'll give the changes a test later, and edit my thoughts into this post. Thanks for the reply!

EDIT: Everything seems to be in a much better state now! My only real issue remains with the fact that the UI just immediately appears on the screen instead of fading in like any other screen (like the bag or trainer card) would.
Link
Use this and you can see "fading in".

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
That fading effect isn't the same as how the other interfaces work. The code you provided adds a fade effect for UIs within the Pokegear, not going into/out of the Pokegear. Here's a video of how the other menus work.

Also, I would appreciate knowing how to change the font for the time of day/week text

bo4p5687

Cooltrainer
That fading effect isn't the same as how the other interfaces work. The code you provided adds a fade effect for UIs within the Pokegear, not going into/out of the Pokegear. Here's a video of how the other menus work.

Also, I would appreciate knowing how to change the font for the time of day/week text
Ok! Try again with the link above.

Last edited:

bo4p5687

Cooltrainer
Sorry! I didn't see this line.

You can edit font in "def drawTime(x,y,w,h)"
You can find drawTxt("text",x,y,w,h,string,"Arial")
change "Arial" into nil, it will display the font of the game If you want it only show one font like "Arial", just change into "New font" like this.

Leondrea

Trainer
Is there a way to remove the phone and radio feature, just keeping the map and the skin-changer, and add other things, like those things from the Poketch? Or any customisable app?

Leondrea

Trainer
I think You Have To Code Yourself It again to do.
I didn't add the Pokétch App yet, I was looking for a customisable Pokégear, where one can add apps.
But I want to remove the phone app inside the Pokegear and Idk how to do it. I can't code either.