Released Pokémon Gear And Steel

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version

Welcome to Pokémon Gear And Steel

(Old Name Pokémon Black Crystal)

In this game you will take control of a character who is going to walk in a new region, with a lot of mystery. A specific architecture as well as some strange things. And more....

There was only void nothing else. But an unknown voice has brought you back to life in a universe that needs help. You were young and you didn't have a clue what was happening. But another unknown voice has arrived and the only thing you remember is a moon pendant.

A brand new region (yes)
Pokemon from Gen 1-7 (gen 8 probably in the future)
"Mega evolution"
Regional form
3 New types (Blood,Day,Night)
New mouves
And more...

Welcome to the region of Fondra. This region is known for its great mineral sources, huge cave as well as it is open-air volcano. As well as in particular, its history, its technology, and its architecture. But also it is unique Pokémon!

V1.0 07/01/2021
Goes up to the first Gym, about ~? hours of gameplay.
(honestly i have no idea it depends entirely on how you play)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DMl82W6hyMckuOggndd8jW_tnCLAvxc3?usp=sharing
(This is the only link to download the game if you see another link that means it is a fake)

Pokemon Gear And Steel
-----------------------------------
kuby64
Aveontrainer
LunarDusk
princess-pheonix
Sparta
Larryturbo
Kidkatt
Zender1752
SageDeoxys
Worldslayer608
Mellyshy
Midnitez-REMIX
Snivy101
KaijuLover1954
DeepBlue PacificWaves
Boonzeet
Carmaniac
Avery
Boonzeet
Golisopod User
Luka S.J.
Marin
JV
Dorian Bright
Silverlime
Thundaga
LostSoulsDev
Carmaniac
PurpleZaffre
Nuri Yuri
GiraPrimal
Pepperton
TheDeadHeroAlistair
Kymotonian(KyleDove)
-----------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
-----------------------------
Marin
Boushy
MiDas Mike
Brother1440
Near Fantastica
FL.
PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami
Popper
help-14
Rataime
IceGod64
SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock
the__end
KitsuneKouta
Venom12
Lisa Anthony
Wachunga
Luka S.J.
Maruno
Poccil
Flameguru

Here is my first project finally released officially.
It's not 100% perfect, there are of course some issues and I think I know them.
For example english: it's not my main language so there are probably going to be... Places where english will be broken...
Or the difficulty: i'm not the best at making a game balance properly... So if you have any problem with the difficulties please tell me.
If you need to level up, there will always be a trainer in front of the gyms to train you. And also there are plenty of items that can help you.
And finally I'm the only person working on the project.

I think the best way to stay up to date on the project is here: https://discord.gg/kv75mSwufW
(I am not the best in terms of communication)

By the way don't forget to give me feedback, it's the best way to improve the game.​

Last edited:

BlackMoonSky

Rookie
I really like what you did so far! The maps are designed really interestingly and have so much diversity, with the multiple branches going off the main routes making it really fun to explore.
The dialogue with the people are definitely far more interesting than in most pokemon games I played, so that's a great plus too.
The new regional forms (or at least the ones I found till now, Chinchou, Yanmega, Bibarel and the starter Machop) are really lovable, and can wait to use them more. Especially the Yanmega with that attack that is super effective on everything.
I also like how wherever you look you find something interesting or useful, like the high amount of hidden items.
And don't even get me started on the setting. I haven't seen that much yet, but till now it seems like a really interesting and unique idea.

My only complaint is (if I wasn't just to dump. A really high possibility) is for the dark cave. I didn't find flash or repels (except the two you can get at the start) or escape ropes. That would make exploring them better, I think. Maybe.

I can't wait to see what you do with your game! :D

CelestialFearow

Rookie
I really like what you did so far! The maps are designed really interestingly and have so much diversity, with the multiple branches going off the main routes making it really fun to explore.
The dialogue with the people are definitely far more interesting than in most pokemon games I played, so that's a great plus too.
The new regional forms (or at least the ones I found till now, Chinchou, Yanmega, Bibarel and the starter Machop) are really lovable, and can wait to use them more. Especially the Yanmega with that attack that is super effective on everything.
I also like how wherever you look you find something interesting or useful, like the high amount of hidden items.
And don't even get me started on the setting. I haven't seen that much yet, but till now it seems like a really interesting and unique idea.

My only complaint is (if I wasn't just to dump. A really high possibility) is for the dark cave. I didn't find flash or repels (except the two you can get at the start) or escape ropes. That would make exploring them better, I think. Maybe.

I can't wait to see what you do with your game! :D
Thank you for testing my game! And thank you for your feedback! Also I am happy to learn that you like the regional form. I recommend you to join my discord if you want to be able to follow the development of the game. Regarding your complaint I understand, but at the same time it's kind of my goal. And yes I will add repels to the black market. Besides, I would like to know was the game difficult? And how long did it take you to beat the game? Thank you and have a nice day or evening.

BlackMoonSky

Rookie
Thank you for testing my game! And thank you for your feedback! Also I am happy to learn that you like the regional form. I recommend you to join my discord if you want to be able to follow the development of the game. Regarding your complaint I understand, but at the same time it's kind of my goal. And yes I will add repels to the black market. Besides, I would like to know was the game difficult? And how long did it take you to beat the game? Thank you and have a nice day or evening.
I liked the difficulty it was on. The trainers gave a varying but decent challenge, but I really liked it, and how they also use a bit more interesting strategies then you usually see at that time of the game. It makes fighting them much more interesting. And I don't really see any spikes in difficulty that felt out of place. Even if I just barely made it through the fist trainer in Doonatel City (I think that was the one, the one you teleport to), but that you already provided berries and good training spots helps to balance that out perfectly. All in all I would say decently difficult.
It took about four and a half hours to complete at the current point. (I really got lost in the caves for the while) and I think I explored it pretty closely.