v17 [SOLVED] Question about the Townmap

This thread pertains to v17 of Pokémon Essentials.

AdoreWasFound

Rookie
So I've created a town map, however, the standard grid the cursor moves on is 16 by 16 but I'd like to make that grid smaller. I'd like the cursor to move over a grid that's 4 by 4. The map image in pictures is 480 by 320 (in pixels). But what can I do to make the cursor move over a 4 by 4 grid?

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
in the script PScreen_RegionMap at the beginning of the class PokemonRegionMap:Scene it looks like this:
Code:
class PokemonRegionMap_Scene
  LEFT   = 0
  TOP    = 0
  RIGHT  = 29
  BOTTOM = 19
  SQUAREWIDTH  = 16
  SQUAREHEIGHT = 16
try editing SQUAREWIDTH/HEIGHT ... I haven't tested it but from the looks of the code that should do the trick.

AdoreWasFound

Rookie
in the script PScreen_RegionMap at the beginning of the class PokemonRegionMap:Scene it looks like this:
Code:
class PokemonRegionMap_Scene
  LEFT   = 0
  TOP    = 0
  RIGHT  = 29
  BOTTOM = 19
  SQUAREWIDTH  = 16
  SQUAREHEIGHT = 16
try editing SQUAREWIDTH/HEIGHT ... I haven't tested it but from the looks of the code that should do the trick.
I did already try that that but it also scales the mapsize down, meaning that indeed the square moves over a 4 by pixel grid. But then the grid itself is also reduced in size by 4 times. Meaning that you can only move the cursor around on a quarter of the screen.

aiyinsi

A wild Minun appeared!
I did already try that that but it also scales the mapsize down, meaning that indeed the square moves over a 4 by pixel grid. But then the grid itself is also reduced in size by 4 times. Meaning that you can only move the cursor around on a quarter of the screen.
Did you try to adjust right and bottom to the amount of tiles you want your map to have? (right to the left - right value und bottom the top-bottom value)

AdoreWasFound

Rookie
Did you try to adjust right and bottom to the amount of tiles you want your map to have? (right to the left - right value und bottom the top-bottom value)
I'm so stupid for not seeing this. You're a life saver! Thank you so much! I tinkered with the values and now it perfectly fits!