Demo Pokemon Sunset (Progress Check)

AceTrainerPaul

Rookie
I love the game so far, I can't wait for the next update but I have to report a bug. After you heal your party and imediatly engage in a battle the music stops and reapears after the battle ends

Sora

Trainer
Update Post
Progress until next patch: ....~20%

Work has been incredibly bad to me and drained every bit of energy I had left to work on the game ;_;

But I do have a general idea of what I want to accomplish before releasing a second major update.
1. A lotta subquests
2. Aquarin Town Story
2a. Puzzles (I suck at making them holy help.)
3. Most Pokemon catchable (at least the evolvable ones)

Extras
1. Adjusted EXP rate based on plot points (increased exp rate for lower leveled pokemon if you're late in the game)
2. Inn with partners interacting (with each other and the main character)
3. Rechallengable NPCs for grinding before boss battles

Bug fixes
1. Bug Fixes

Anyways, here are some boring update pictures. I'll pick up the pace probably next week when I get my vacation time.
Wowee another mansion!

Ice puzzles!

Dragonite

The cake is a lie, so give it to me
Not sure if I'm interpreting the problem properly but this might help?

Sora

Trainer
After going through unexpected bug fixes and incompatibility issues (rpgmaker xp reeeeeee)
Here's a minor New Years release~!

New Years (late) Update!!
Enter the Inn in Aquarin Town for a special quest~!

5 Tree Forest has an entrance to more Pokemon Maps

More Fishing in Aquarin Port

Other than some story progression in Aquarin Town and the New Years encounter, there hasn't been any additions to the game sadly enough...
I just wanted to release some kind of event for new years ; - ;

Download Link (A Fresh download, use this instead of the old client): Download Link

Last edited:

DemICE

Rookie
Hi i like this its very polished, however i have been trying for 2 hours to meet a wild popplio with liquid voice....

at this point im positive the ability is not yet implemented..

can you confirm if it exists or if i should move on in the game? :X

Sora

Trainer
Hi i like this its very polished, however i have been trying for 2 hours to meet a wild popplio with liquid voice....

at this point im positive the ability is not yet implemented..

can you confirm if it exists or if i should move on in the game? :X
Sorry, I forgot to add the hidden ability to the regular ability pool of Popplio. I'll release a quick patch fix shortly regarding some bugs that were found in the game.

DemICE

Rookie
thanks for answering! i eventually gave up and move on but its good to know that it's soon gonna be added!

EDIT:
i would also like to report that Ribombee does not learn Pollen Puff upon evolving, neither by relearner.
Brionne/Primarina are not compatible with ice beam :/ it says. edit2: not compatible with any TM
Trying to learn moves to Primarina via relearner crashes the game
Eevelutions do not learn their "upon evolution" move
Typhlosion is part electric now but can't learn thunderbolt via TM :/
There is a house at Maple Peak thaat entering it causes an error that crashes the game. Same thing happens when i try to enter the tree house after i beat the arctos woman with the intimidate team.
And... I play in the XL sized screen. But it reverts to L everytime i reset the game. Is this fixable?

i wish we could relearn moves for our partner

On another note thank you so much for giving Regenerator to Chikorita! This is totally what i had in mind to do give to it if i made my own game and meeting another like-minded person makes me glad :)

Last edited:

bjfinest34

Creator of Pokémon Stratus Dreams
Hi!
I just wanted to let you know that this game is awesome! I love how you integrated what I'm guessing to be a rival character into a partner to solve a quest. The only question that I have is "Can the starter Pokémon have their hidden abilities?". I've been restarting for a Kirlia with Telepathy, and I haven't got one yet.

Sora

Trainer
thanks for answering! i eventually gave up and move on but its good to know that it's soon gonna be added!

EDIT:
i would also like to report that Ribombee does not learn Pollen Puff upon evolving, neither by relearner.
Brionne/Primarina are not compatible with ice beam :/ it says. edit2: not compatible with any TM
Trying to learn moves to Primarina via relearner crashes the game
Eevelutions do not learn their "upon evolution" move
Typhlosion is part electric now but can't learn thunderbolt via TM :/
There is a house at Maple Peak thaat entering it causes an error that crashes the game. Same thing happens when i try to enter the tree house after i beat the arctos woman with the intimidate team.
And... I play in the XL sized screen. But it reverts to L everytime i reset the game. Is this fixable?

i wish we could relearn moves for our partner

On another note thank you so much for giving Regenerator to Chikorita! This is totally what i had in mind to do give to it if i made my own game and meeting another like-minded person makes me glad :)
Hello, I'll fix the moves in the next patch.
I'm not sure what's the deal with relearners... and that house/tree house... I'll see what's going on.
Relearning for partner is found in Aquarin Town Pokemon center.

Hi!
I just wanted to let you know that this game is awesome! I love how you integrated what I'm guessing to be a rival character into a partner to solve a quest. The only question that I have is "Can the starter Pokémon have their hidden abilities?". I've been restarting for a Kirlia with Telepathy, and I haven't got one yet.
Hmm, I'll see about adding Kirlia's hidden ability.

------------------------
Minor Patch release

Download (MEGA)

Fixed some very minor bugs.
The TM issue with the 7th gen characters might take a while since I have to manually add each Pokemon on the TM file...

Rune

Novice
Hello again! c: The bug where leveling Eevee holding a shiny stone didn't evolve it into Glaceon hasn't been fixed yet, right?

Sora

Trainer
It looks really cool! Good luck with the project! Will you need help in the future?
Definitely! I legitimately do not have time to play test my own game D;

But just a quick update. So far, since the last update, I've been working on dialogues for some side quests but I haven't been had the time to implement them yet. I'll be working on them starting today but I'm also looking to do some quality updates such as shortening the beginning cutscenes (or give an option to skip them entirely) and experimenting with disconnecting maps to reduce lag, etc.

tldr: I have a lot to do and no time. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SuzuiXIi

Novice
Definitely! I legitimately do not have time to play test my own game D;

But just a quick update. So far, since the last update, I've been working on dialogues for some side quests but I haven't been had the time to implement them yet. I'll be working on them starting today but I'm also looking to do some quality updates such as shortening the beginning cutscenes (or give an option to skip them entirely) and experimenting with disconnecting maps to reduce lag, etc.

tldr: I have a lot to do and no time. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Well, as far it is from checking the game and making dialogues, I'm sure I can spend some time helping you, if you find it useful ^^