v18 Problem with mej71's Pokemon Followers

This thread pertains to v18 of Pokémon Essentials.

zlohpa

Rookie
I am fairly new to using rpgmaker, but I have prior experience with rom hacking and am trying to make a game for my brothers. I have been watching Thundaga/Camero's tutorial series and it has been very straight forward but I have reached the 10th episode, about creating follower pokemon. I followed everything to a tee. I replaced the Animations rpgxp file with RPGMaker closed, I have the sprites in the character file and I have the three animations in the animations folder. I also have an empty event (18 in this case) and the pbPokemonFollower script written right but I still get this message:

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
---------------------------
[Pokémon Essentials version 18.1]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:

Follow Pokemon:672:in `talk_to_pokemon'

Follow Pokemon:1562:in `update'

Scene_Map:229:in `main'

Scene_Map:226:in `loop'

Scene_Map:231:in `main'

Main:45:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Main:24:in `mainFunction'

Main:24:in `pbCriticalCode'

Main:24:in `mainFunction'

Main:55

When the script is activated, my Pokemon does not show up and when i press c, I get the error message and hear the pokemon cry in the background. I tried Charizard originally and i got it to say that he was happy or something like that a couple times, but that i got the error message again, and again same thing happened when i used bulbasaur.

I haven't been able to figure this out online and I think this is the place where i should put this but I'm not really sure and if I put this in the wrong place, I apologize.

zlohpa

Rookie
Oh my goodness! I was really bummed out after putting everything together and I didn't realize that my version was the problem.
Thank you SO much!! I know you can't see how happy I am but I am ecstatic! You're making this world a better place!

grateful dead fall GIF

I will also definitely put the link to the discussion in the comments of that video, just in case anyone missed it like me!!