How Can I change I tile using scripts?

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
Hm, I was going to suggest just eventing it, but it looks like events don't have all the properties of a tileset, so that wouldn't work. What are you wanting to do when the tile changes? Maybe there's some workaround that could be done?

Vxpor

Elite Trainer
I'd like to make the map change itself as a cutscenes happens
Setup an event on the tile you want to change. When selecting what the event should look like, select the grass tile from the tileset and make a second page with the water tile you want it to change to, also on the second page, tick the switch box in the top left and make a switch called something like "grass to water" or something along those lines. While the cutscene's taking place, turn that switch on and it'll activate the switch on the other event, changing it from the grass tile we selected before, to the water tile on the second page. That's probably the best way to go about it in my opinion.

barretoareias

Novice
You mind sending a screenshot/picture of the map and stuff you're trying to change?
I don't have access to my game right now, but it's something like the begging of Pokemon light platinum (a hack rom) when a trainer use his empoleon to change the map.

If you have some time please check out the game, it takes less than five minutes to get to this part

Vendily

Cooltrainer
If it's a permanent change, couldn't you just warp the player to a new map?

DerxwnaKapsyla

Overseer of the Abyss
It's not impossible to do, but I've no idea how to do it myself. You'll want to look at Kleinstudio's Infinite Autotile script, because it does something vaguely similar (Looks at a tile on one tileset, and animates it with all of the frames on another tileset)- it might be possible to create a system similar to that, utilizing switches and variables to control when a tile is replaced, and with what tiles.