v18 Problem with trainer events

This thread pertains to v18 of Pokémon Essentials.

ritemeowred

wtf is pokemon
Hello! I just started using rpg maker and pokemon essentials. I've been using the wiki for most of my information and despite some troubleshooting I've had to do on my own, the process has gone quite smoothly. I finally started creating trainers, and successfully finished two before facing a weird problem. After I was done with one of the trainers, I decided I didn't like where the event was located and moved it to another point on the map.

This was probably my first mistake.

Upon playtesting to see if the movement was registered, I noticed the event/trainer hadn't moved from it's last position. I troubleshooted a bunch more, trying to see if there was anything in the script that could have glued this character to this location, but there's nothing I can find.

So I decided to start over. I deleted the trainer, created a new event, scripted an entirely new trainer with an entirely new name and class, and then put them in my desired spot. Despite completely redoing what I had done earlier, this new trainer ended up in the same exact spot that the previous(now deleted) trainer was.

Not sure what to do at this point. I've gotten a bit angry trying to figure out how to go around this. Moving events around hadn't created any problems before! Could this be a bug?

ritemeowred

wtf is pokemon
Can you share a screenshot of the trainer's event page? It's possible some lingering trainer comments are messing with it, but I can't say for sure without seeing the actual event.
here's screenshots of both pages

the full script in the conditional branch is: "pbTrainerBattle(:HIKER,"Doug",_I("You've proved yourself to me! You're strong!"),false,0,false)"

1.png2.png

NettoHikari

Trainer
Okay, I think your event pages look fine. When you moved your first (original) trainer to the new spot and you saw it hadn't moved, were you using the same save file as before moving the event? Try deleting your save file and starting a new one - when you save on a particular map, all events get their positions saved in the file, so I think what happened is that your event's position DID change but not for your specific save file.

ritemeowred

wtf is pokemon
Okay, I think your event pages look fine. When you moved your first (original) trainer to the new spot and you saw it hadn't moved, were you using the same save file as before moving the event? Try deleting your save file and starting a new one - when you save on a particular map, all events get their positions saved in the file, so I think what happened is that your event's position DID change but not for your specific save file.
that helps, thank you!