• The Relic Castle Game Jam #4 is almost halfway done! From June 30th to August 10th, users have just a bit over a month to make an entire game. Check this thread for details!
Resource icon

Resource Simple Quest System + UI 1.0

mej71

Novice
mej71 submitted a new resource:

Simple Quest System + UI - An easy to use quest system that supports multiple stages

This is a fairly comprehensive, yet easy to use system + UI for managing quests in your fangame
[tabs]
[tab=Features]
  • Support for up to 10 stages per quest
  • Complex rewards
  • Very detailed compiler errors, tells you exactly what you've messed up
  • Doesn't save quest data for player (similar to how other objects are handled in Essentials, non-specific data is stored in a separate data file so that quest info is updated for old saves)
  • Plug and play
  • Won't break old save...
[/tab][/tabs]
Read more about this resource...

The_Don

Rookie
How can i open this interface in game, like in your "what de default UI looks like" section?
And can u show/type me an example event of this?

Vendily

Trainer
Guess @mej71 forgot to update this resource.
How can i open this interface in game, like in your "what de default UI looks like" section?
He posted that on Pokecommunity, it's pbViewQuests.

The_Don

Rookie
Why does it say i haven't discovered any quest yet?
I used pbViewQuests interaact with the event and it tells me that.

Sparta

Someone who does something.
Why does it say i haven't discovered any quest yet?
I used pbViewQuests interaact with the event and it tells me that.
Could potentially be because you haven't discovered any quests...

Make sure that you have quests defined in the Quest.txt and that they're activated before seeing if you've discovered them.

The_Don

Rookie
Could potentially be because you haven't discovered any quests...

Make sure that you have quests defined in the Quest.txt and that they're activated before seeing if you've discovered them.
Do i have to mannualy activate them? Please tell me a bit more of this system. I don't understand it yet :p
Tell me everything you know !

Sparta

Someone who does something.
Do i have to mannualy activate them? Please tell me a bit more of this system. I don't understand it yet :p
Tell me everything you know !
Yes. You should really read through the overview of this system - it pretty much tells you all you need to know.

MadDeodorant

Insert internet reference here
I got this error:

Script 'Quest System' line 402: RuntimeError occurred
Invalid map id for quest, at stage 0

So I plugged the script directly and this showed up. I went to check and since I'm a moron when it comes to programming and scripting, I don't know where I screwed up. I went and watchd Luka SJ's video on errors and he doesn't address Runtime Errors so... help?

ArchyArc

Lead Developer of Pokemon Sacred Johto
dont know whats wrong with the script but it keeps getting an error with the line

" QUEST_GRAPHICS_PATH= "Graphics/Pictures/Quest UI/" "
im not sure how to fix it as the error itself doesn't say anything and doesn't get logged in the error log

any idea mej71 or anyone?

Marina

Novice
I'm using this script, but now when I scrolled down reading the comments, I'm like "what?!", but I try to playtest to see if there is any errors, if yes I've got to delete it or fix it by myself.

edit: I got an error on: def getMaxStagesForQuest(questID)) I removed the red ) and it worked then