- Jul 29, 2020
Pokémon Tabula Rasa, inspired by Reborn and Insurgence, is a story driven fangame with 2 brand new regions!
- The Anphelio Region, inspired by the word aphelion (or the point in the orbit of a planet, asteroid, or comet at which it is furthest from the sun). This region has a lot of similarities with it's name, as it is a snow covered tundra with little to no civilization. Mostly covered by routes and forests, this region gives you a lot of training and time to meet new faces who help to get you back to your once held glory. Many Pokémon from all over the world have descended from this region and here, you can find many of their different, undiscovered versions of themselves. These Pokémon are often shy and haven't come in contact with many humans. However, the ones that find civilization or Human population, get along with them very well.
- The Pansperma Region is the mainland. The region flooded with tourists and Human population. This has really drove out Pokémon in these parts, especially near cities. As you go on throughout the region, you find power hungry corporations out for control over the region. To do this however, they need the most powerful trainers to be able to drive out all Pokémon in sight. In which doing so, makes room for more people in come in, leading to more money and power in the corporations. Here, you will find out who you truly were in the past and you may have to power your way through to get what you want for yourself and the Pokémon at stake. The sheer number of variety in Pokémon, people, and places you find along the way is incredible. This region has everything a person could ask for and is the reason why it's a huge tourist attraction.
Looking to recruit:
- Overworld Trainer Spriters (Gen 4)
- Trainer front spriters
- Spriters capable of making new/different forms of Pokemon
- Music makers
- Sound effect designers
- People who can make animations for cutscenes
Story Rundown so far:
The game opens with you in a dark room with one other person. The person in question is a defectant researcher trying to help you return to safety. However, this researcher is undisclosed and nameless. He found you without anything. No Pokémon, no items, nothing, just you and your empty bag. He informs you that he and his fellow researchers and doctors were tasked with wiping your memory. He however, kept in on him and knew the potential you had to destroy Pokémon as we know it. He also tells you that you were the champion of the Pansperma region for 14 years. He says you that you were unmatched, beating legends like Red, Gold, and Hilbert without even breaking a sweat. As you hear a loud sound at the door, he tells you that there isn't much time left and he can't say too much. There is an urgent situation where the evil agency (Name still a WIP) has sent a task force to retrieve you and only you, dead or alive with no witnesses. He gives you a lead on where to go next as the task force breaks in and storms the building. He tells you to hide and not to worry about him. After this, you hear nothing. Fast forward 2 months, you are in a mysterious lab set in space above the planet. This gives the agency maximum security of you and their plans. The guards tell you that they have been closely watching the news and most of the Region presumes you are dead. The player is tasked with finding their way out, and taking down the agency at any cost, dead or alive.
Currently it's only me working on this project. I have been working on it for 4+ months, redoing story elements and maps. Some help would definitely be appreciated to help complete this ambitious project.
Plans for the game
- Fully custom music/Battle intros
- Custom characters with backstories
- *Hopefully* a character customization system (Don't count on that)
- New mega evolutions
- Custom Anphelio forms for over 100 Pokémon
- Huge post game
- Side quests galore!
- New Pokémon that you discover throughout your journey (Not a final decision)
- HMs as Items (Axe for Cut, exc.)
The team has been looking at the game currently and decided we need a trio of legendaries for our project. We are currently hosting a competition that will end on September 12th at 8 pm EST. This can be submitted with artwork, sprite work, or sketch! The top 3 winners of the contest will get a custom role in our server and a trainer in-game with the team and trainer sprite of your choice! We do have a theme for the legendary and the art contest will be themed after Space and time! You can join the public discord here: https://discord.gg/auB9H48 This is our main form of communication for updates!
Method of contact:
Twitter: Official Twitter
Message me directly on Relic Castle
Made with Pokemon Essentials