Help Make my event walk across map borders

leilou

A wild Minun appeared!
Hello,

I want to make an Event, where a NPC walks from a town to a route. I tried starting the event on my map and having an event on the other map that continues(on autorun) the movment. But it only activates when the player crosses the map barder. Is there a way around this?

Thanks in advance!

Sparta

Someone who does something.
Personally, I would just cheat it. Rather than having an event that crosses maps, simply have the NPC walk off screen (have the player far enough from said border so that it can't be seen on screen) and have a second NPC event on that map for the next part. Or you could have the screen fade to black for a moment and have the NPC disappear and having a second one appear on the next map.

Aki

Starry eyed
Administrator
Map boarders are pretty tricky anyway, a follower sprite crossing a boarder usually jitters out of place, and fogs seem to stop at boarders even if both maps have the same one; loading both maps at once isn't something that the game wants to do naturally so I think cheating it like Sparta suggested is gonna be your best bet to make it look natural.

Evan

in another life, Starrcasm
Yes, in my experience working around the limitations of RPG maker can lead to some pretty creative results and allows you to think outside the box--Map connections definitely mess up many things, so try to keep your maps self contained--or maybe have your map be a bit larger with transparent crossover, that way your NPC can walk into that part of the original map without crossing into the new one. I wonder if it would impede your own crossing into the new map though. Test things out and see what works best!

leilou

A wild Minun appeared!
Is there a script command to figure out the players and an events Position on a map? In that case I think I would just write a script that lets the picture of the event walk over the screen ...