Game Jam Pocket Monster Project: Ghosts of Knowledge v1.8.1

OP
OP
Ranko

Ranko

Eternal Idiot
Hey, I just finished playing your game and I thought it was really really good! This game was beautiful. The art, graphics, music and story were so well done. I've never heard of PSDK and I can tell that it's a really powerful tool. The exp boost was really nice, definitely made grinding less of a chore. And the puzzles were also unique and fun to solve!

Thanks for making this wonderful game!
ahhh thank you!! i'm glad you liked it!! i'm super happy people are liking PSDK overall, I really wanted to show it off functioning without any huge issues so hopefully more people give it a chance!

OP
OP
Ranko

Ranko

Eternal Idiot
We've decided to go forward with a post-jam version of Ghosts of Knowledge (2.0). This version will not be released until after the judging period of the Relic Castle Game Jam.

We're starting on QoL, and this includes PSDK related things (such as lack of repels etc). If you've played/watched the game and noticed anything with the base game or even PSDK that is editable (UI for example), lemme know! I need all the feedback I can get! Big things are going to happen and I want this to be out just about a few weeks after the Jam period ends. I don't want it to be a 5 year project that never finishes.

thanks yous. and also thank you everyone so much for the support so far.

Cadeorade5

Dev of Hunter & Raymond
Hello! I finally got the time to play through this game, and holy crap is it excellent! I'm gonna try to touch on everything I can remember. I guess before I go any further, I believe I got ending A.

Firstly, I love the feel of this game, it's perfect for the jam. It combines the feel of open-world, freedom to explore game with a the focused story games that usually are a lot of the games in the jams. More specifically, I really liked how the game seems shallow, where Dust and Zee are just around to walk around and find relics, but very quickly it becomes obvious that there is something more to this area/space. This feeling continues to build and the climax of the story does not disappoint. The ending scene with Dusclops connects the dots within the story very well, while also providing a very emotional ending. Speaking of Dusclops, all of the puzzle rooms were fantastic! Most were the right amount of difficulty, with the exception being the final one of the one in Beyond the Depths. I swear that one took me an hour, but that might just be me being dumb.

In respects to other things, I thought the music was perfect. It was very atmospheric and fit the feeling of the world very well. I also really enjoyed the mapping and the concept of the area. It really went hand and hand with the story in my opinion. Plus, it had this ominous feel that I couldn't get enough of. If there was one thing that I could nitpick, it would be the difficulty. It's not that the level curve or anything is bad, I just think that once Dusclops got Curse it was kinda easy to beat the bosses at the end of the game. Also, the fact that you most likely had to learn many new things using PSDK while developing game is just a statement to how much work you must have put into the game. I really enjoyed playing through a PSDK game, it was a breath of fresh air.

All in all, I really enjoyed playing through this game, and it's a massive step up from Vigorous City, which is the last game of yours that I've played. I hope to play more of your games in the future!

OP
OP
Ranko

Ranko

Eternal Idiot
Hello! I finally got the time to play through this game, and holy crap is it excellent! I'm gonna try to touch on everything I can remember. I guess before I go any further, I believe I got ending A.

Firstly, I love the feel of this game, it's perfect for the jam. It combines the feel of open-world, freedom to explore game with a the focused story games that usually are a lot of the games in the jams. More specifically, I really liked how the game seems shallow, where Dust and Zee are just around to walk around and find relics, but very quickly it becomes obvious that there is something more to this area/space. This feeling continues to build and the climax of the story does not disappoint. The ending scene with Dusclops connects the dots within the story very well, while also providing a very emotional ending. Speaking of Dusclops, all of the puzzle rooms were fantastic! Most were the right amount of difficulty, with the exception being the final one of the one in Beyond the Depths. I swear that one took me an hour, but that might just be me being dumb.

In respects to other things, I thought the music was perfect. It was very atmospheric and fit the feeling of the world very well. I also really enjoyed the mapping and the concept of the area. It really went hand and hand with the story in my opinion. Plus, it had this ominous feel that I couldn't get enough of. If there was one thing that I could nitpick, it would be the difficulty. It's not that the level curve or anything is bad, I just think that once Dusclops got Curse it was kinda easy to beat the bosses at the end of the game. Also, the fact that you most likely had to learn many new things using PSDK while developing game is just a statement to how much work you must have put into the game. I really enjoyed playing through a PSDK game, it was a breath of fresh air.

All in all, I really enjoyed playing through this game, and it's a massive step up from Vigorous City, which is the last game of yours that I've played. I hope to play more of your games in the future!
I'm really glad you enjoyed the game!! I'm a bit bummed I couldn't see you play it live, but I'm super happy you picked it up at all! Also yes, learning PSDK was probably the biggest previous hurdle, but luckily I got a lot of practice with the Winter Jam (don't recommend playing that game as its very very substanceless). Looking forward to getting better and better with this engine :D