Game Jam Pokémon Splice

OP
OP
Thundaga

Thundaga

Tutorial Guy
Pokémon Splice has been updated to Version 0.4.2! This new update resolves a crash, fixes some missing Pokedex entries, and adds a new way to train!
  • Fixed the F12 crash
  • Added the EV training dojo to Lappy Lake
  • Added the EV Resetter item. Use it on a Pokemon to reset all of their EVs!
  • Added a Fly location to Lappy Lake, which will take players straight to the EV dojo
  • Added the following Pokemon to the Stacona Regional Dex: Diglett, Dugtrio, Goldeen, Seaking, Kanga, Kangaskhan, Drilbur, Excadrill, Staryu, Starmie, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Ekans, Arbok, Gulpin, Swalot, Stunky, Skuntank, Grimer, Muk, Seviper, Zangoose
  • Adjusted wild encounters on a few routes to ensure all of the above Pokémon can be encountered
  • Updated the replace party pokemon script with Derfischae's update: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=429025
  • Globally adjusted EXP gain (Slight reduction, 0.75 -> 0.6)
  • Changed the Bug Cellulose ball in Beta lab to a Blue Pokeball
  • Removed grunts from Theo's lab after chapter 2 is completed
  • Fixed an issue where a broken type appeared in the Pokedex
  • Cellulose count is now displayed in the saving screen
  • Moved all mail in the department store all to the 2nd floor
  • Gale Flute can now be used from the top of the department store
  • Updated a few trainer battles to use Staconan forms
  • Slightly adjusted Polleknight's stats (Less Defense,Less SPatk,Less SPDef, More HP, More Attack)
  • Removed the ability to rebattle the Chansey man on Maple Trail, lucky egg is granted after 1 win
  • Fixed various typos

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
Finished the demo in the Quantech route!

There's not as much for me to say about story since I was just at the small portion of Ch3, but the Arenay breakout mission looks like it's going to be really fun!

The EV training dojo is really fun! I love the music for it, and that Eevee training joke was great, haha.

I managed to get to that Cypress fight, and it was really fun! Somehow managed to beat her even with my team pretty underlevelled by comparison, so it was a very satisfying win!
The patch notes for 0.4 mentioned Poison Cellulose in the Blighted Bog, but unless I missed it, it seems to be behind the strength boulder? I was a little confused by that- I was under the impression it was still going to be possible to obtain in the demo, since you mentioned where it was.

I think the hidden switches for Rocc is a really fun idea (although I am furious at its design), but I only knew to start looking for them because of the wiki. I don't know if that's intentional (and if it is, I sure don't have a problem with it- reminds me of those secret codes for the Lego games that you'd have to look up online), but if you wanted players to be able to find it just by playing the game, there should probably be a point where that gets mentioned.
The singing man still says "I'm singing" even after his music stops. It might be because I left his house before the song was over?

My Venusaur evolved at 32, while Blastoise evolved at 36. That happened while I was playing 0.3, though, so it might have been fixed since.

There's a little bit of void poking through Maple Way:

When picking up my squishy son, I got this error when I tried to get him directly into my party and sending a party member to the PC:

Luckily, though, sending Arenay to the PC worked perfectly!

The daycare man doesn't seem to take a step forward when he has an egg for you.
I'm sure you already get the idea so I will shut up about commas after this.

close eye on you Arenay - comma after you
you know what I mean Arenay? - comma after mean

Last edited:

Kristiano100

I like Pokemon :P
I guess I can also provide some feedback I have as well. My main gripe is the rival, who at times seems very generic and rude for the sake of it. Maybe his personality could be changed slightly to be more calm and less jerk like, maybe in a passive aggressive way, though he can have his bursts of anger at certain moments?

Voltseon

Lurking around this place 0.o
I really have to say, some of the art that Voltseon and Tristan is absolutely amazing! The Sabsidian and the Staconan Klingklang are amazing, and Arenay and Shuckavern are phenomenal!
Eh, I like the new eeveelutions better 0.o

Hey man. You guys have done a great job! Just noticed a minor bug, I have the latest version so I don't believe it has been rectified. My Arenay was fainted and was holding the fire cellulose, I changed the cellulose while it was fainted to the grass and it now has 4hp, so you get a free revive. Also, I am not sure if you can re-acquire the cellulose items yet, I am still early game but they are tossable and not sure whether they should be? Thanks guys :)

Voltseon

Lurking around this place 0.o
My Arenay was fainted and was holding the fire cellulose, I changed the cellulose while it was fainted to the grass and it now has 4hp, so you get a free revive.
The reason this happens is because the base HP stat of grass-type Arenay is higher than fire-type Arenay. We can either fix this by making the base HP of all the forms the same or have an additional check for whether Arenay is fainted when changing cellulose.

Also, I am not sure if you can re-acquire the cellulose items yet, I am still early game but they are tossable and not sure whether they should be?
Pretty sure you're not supposed to be able to toss them, although it might just be because it's your own responsibility whether you want them in your bag or not. AFAIK there are no intentions of the cellulose being re-obtainable, so make sure you don't toss them in the hope you do get more.