Solved How to erase font shadow in Essentials? (graphical help)

Leondrea

Rookie
I already googled about it and couldn't find any solution for this. I just want to delete, erase and remove the shadow colour of the standard font in Essentials. Now the game usually displays a black font with a grey shadow, and I want to remove those grey shadows in everywhere, where texts are being drawn to the game. I hope I could explain my question well enough.

Edit: I actually found out by myself how to turn the gray shade off. I simply installed Maruno's Alternative \c[x] text colors and located def getSkinColor and I replaced the script he mentioned with that and then I replaced the grey colour with a black colour and made sure the background colour was the same like my textbox. So if you use a white background use ffffff as a second colour if you use another colour you can easily pick the colour with an image editing programme. Then use \c[x] "x" being the number you replaced your colour. For me it was \c[7] because I replaced the grey colour with a black colour.

Last edited:

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
The easiest and safest way to do this would be to make the shadow color match the color of the background on which the text is. You don't wanna mess with anything in the DrawText method because it might completely break your game if you don't know what you are doing.

OP
OP
L

Leondrea

Rookie
The easiest and safest way to do this would be to make the shadow color match the color of the background on which the text is. You don't wanna mess with anything in the DrawText method because it might completely break your game if you don't know what you are doing.
Thanks, I know I didn't mess up with the codes in the script section itself, I just added Maruno's Alternative \c[x] resource to my game and replaced the grey colour in his code with a black colour and the same background colour as my Textboxes

Maruno

Pokémon Essentials dev
Essentials Developer
To not draw the text shadows at all, look in def pbDrawShadowText and remove the four lines within the if shadowColor part. I suggest you just quote out those lines rather than delete them, just in case you change your mind.

OP
OP
L

Leondrea

Rookie
Thank you very much, Maruno! It worked!
I quoted those lines out and the shadows are gone, thank you!