Work in Progress Pokémon: Etherean Dreams

This project is a work in progress. The content is subject to change, and not finished yet.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version
1605207227742.png

Pokémon: Etherean Dreams

Story:

Lethos, the rest of the region being obscured.

You are from Oriole Town in the region of Lethos, applying to become the assistants of Professor Oleander, the charismatic Pokémon Professor of Lethos. When she gives you a Pokédex and a partner, you decide to go on an adventure across the region, challenging the Gyms to become the best. Along the way, you will encounter the mysterious and dubious Team Wish, an organization advertising themselves as wish-granters at the cost of people's Pokémon, and discover the shrouded history of the Lethos region.

The first demo includes the prologue and first three chapters of the game, two gyms, and over 100 Pokémon from the Lethian Pokédex to find and raise, and 3 Etherean Pokémon that you can find in the game. The demos current level cap is 30. It has around 3~4 hours of gameplay. This demo is only a short portion of the full game, so all feedback is appreciated!

Screenshots:

Features:
  • Etherean Forms of Pokémon
  • New Mega Evolutions
  • Some Fakemon
  • Following Pokémon
  • Animated Sprites
  • Pokémon Marks
  • Dexnav
  • Pokémon Expeditions
  • Hidden Grottos
  • Difficulty Settings
  • Future Randomizer / Nuzlocke Mode
  • In-Game Time and Hotels
  • Autosave

Download:
The old download has been taken down to prepare for the newest version, which is drastically different. Please wait for it to come out!

Changelog:

Credits:
Helpers:

Kenny
Gwa Gwa
NyanbinaryAri
Scripts:
Maruno
Poccil
Boonzeet
Golispod User
Marin
Luka S.J.
CharizardThree3
Rei
thesuzerain
LackDeJurane
Nuri Yuri
FL
JV
Umbreon
KleinStudio
Vendily (TYSM VEND)
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by: Flameguru Poccil (Peter O.) Maruno With contributions from: AvatarMonkeyKirby<s>Luka S.J. Boushy<s>MiDas Mike Brother1440<s>Near Fantastica FL.<s>PinkMan Genzai Kawakami<s>Popper help-14<s>Rataime IceGod64<s>SoundSpawn Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>the__end KitsuneKouta<s>Venom12 Lisa Anthony<s>Wachunga and everyone else who helped out.
"RPG Maker XP" by: Enterbrain
Pokémon is owned by: The Pokémon Company Nintendo Affiliated with Game Freak
Graphics:
Evolina
Phyromatical
Zeo
The Red Ex
19Dante19
Alistair
Flurmimon
Leparagon
Crocovyle
mjco
WolfPP
KyleDove
SirMalo
PSDK, or Pokemon SDK
Zerudez
TheGreatBlaid
Newtiteuf
Princess-Phoenix
Gigatom
Luka S.J.
Atomic Reactor
Poltergeist
DiegoWT
Akizakura16
Dewitty
Prince Legandario
SailorVicious
Diegotoon20
WesleyFG
XDinky
Zetavares852
princessmagic
NoelleMBrooks
Kymotonian
PurpleAladdin
KingOfThe-X-Roads
Aki
Alucus
Mew
KingTapir
LuxDiablo
AnonAlpaca
Hydrargirium
carchagui
Elle (TYSM)

Feel free to join the Discord by clicking below!
Etherean Dreams Discord

We are also looking for spriters, artists, composers, and playtesters!

Link to recruitment post

Last edited:

Avery

Community Best Friend!
Updated to v1.4! Changelog:
* Fixed multiple bugs
* Fixed typos
* Added PokéPocket, with a built-in map, phone, and side quest log.
* Gave new ability to Etherean Aipom

If you played a previous version, entering a Pokémon Center or Gate will update your Region Map into a PokéPocket.​

Spedoinky

Hack/Game Tester and Grammar Corrector
I haven't finished the current demo yet but here are some things I can say:
Very nice story so far.
Love the Pokemon Variety.
The first Gym needs a serious tone down. Sunflora can absolutely demolish an entire team with grass whistle and earth power. Also, if it has leftover it should not have leech seed on top of that.

Avery

Community Best Friend!
I haven't finished the current demo yet but here are some things I can say:
Very nice story so far.
Love the Pokemon Variety.
The first Gym needs a serious tone down. Sunflora can absolutely demolish an entire team with grass whistle and earth power. Also, if it has leftover it should not have leech seed on top of that.
Thank you! We're def doing a lot of balancing for the next version ^^

Spedoinky

Hack/Game Tester and Grammar Corrector
Thank you! We're def doing a lot of balancing for the next version ^^
I just finished the current demo! Story really got thick there at the end. very enjoyable. The second gym was also a lot more manageable so that was nice!

Avery

Community Best Friend!
I think it's worth noting that the next update of Etherean Dreams has been in development since the demo's last release. The new version will be incompatible with previous versions, so if you intend on playing anytime soon, it'd be better to wait. The next update won't feature anything past the 2nd gym, like the previous demos, but will feature a lot of new upgraded and updated stuff, including a rewritten story, character customization, bigger screen, et cetera. While there is no planned release date, I'd say it'll be out around December. Take that with a grain of salt, though, as that's just my estimation based on the amount of progress currently being made. This does NOT count playtesting, but playtesting doesn't normally take long.

Thank you to everybody who's played previous versions of Etherean Dreams, and I sincerely hope you try out the future versions and give feedback on it!

Elle

Trainer
Every time I see this thread I'm just so excited by how cool all the stuff in it is! Keep up the good work Avery!!