Released Pokémon Etherean Dreams - v2.0

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
title.png

Story:
unknown.png

Western Lethos

You are from Oriole Town in the region of Lethos, applying to become the assistant of Professor Oleander, a charismatic Pokémon Professor and longtime family friend. When she gives you a Pokédex and a partner, you decide to go on an adventure across the region, challenging the Gyms to become the best. Along the way, you will encounter the mysterious and dubious Team Wish, an organization advertising themselves as wish-granters at the cost of people's Pokémon, and discover the shrouded history of the Lethos region.

The first demo includes the prologue and first three chapters of the game, two gyms, and over 100 Pokémon from the Lethian Pokédex to find and raise, and 3 Etherean Pokémon that you can find in the game. Many previously useless Pokémon have been buffed to give them more usability, so don't feel shy to use your favorite! The demo's current level cap is 30. It has around 3~4 hours of gameplay. There are 3 difficulties to select from, and an optional "permadeath" mode if you're into that. This demo is only a short portion of the full game, so all feedback is appreciated!

Screenshots:
screenshots.png

Features:
  • Etherean Forms of Pokémon
  • New Mega Evolutions
  • Some Fakemon
  • Following Pokémon
  • Pokémon Marks
  • DexNav
  • Pokémon Expeditions
  • Hidden Grottos
  • 3 Difficulty Settings
  • Optional Permadeath Mode
  • Side Quests
  • In-Game time and Hotels to Pass Time
  • Autosave

Download:
v2.0 Windows
5/14/21

Latest Changelog:
v2.0:
    • Added Sound-Type.
    • Added Chapter 4.
    • Added new quest.
    • Added new Etherean Pokémon.
    • Updated UIs.
    • Updated some graphics and mechanics.
    • Added new battle mechanics for certain boss fights.

Feel free to join the Discord by clicking below!
https://discord.gg/DhgpbJX

Credits:
Team Etherean:
Avery (@AceTrainerAvery)
Amelia (@WARlOAPPARITION) - Whatever
Ari (@NyanbinaryAri) - Character Designs/Art and Pokémon Designs/Art
Patsy (@m1ravariable) - Character Designs/Art
TechSkylander - Scripting
ThronoCrigger - Music

Volunteers:
Trintler
KennyCatches
neonbladez

MKXP:
orochii
Ancurio

Scripts:
Maruno - Essentials
Poccil - Essentials
Michael - Party Switcher
Marcello - Party Switcher
ZeroKid - Party Switcher
Boonzeet - Item Finder Script, Text Bubbles
Golispod User - Midbattle Dialogue, Text Bubbles, Following Pokémon, Level Caps
Marin - Plugin Manager, Map Exporter, and Stairs.
Tustin2121 - Simple Exit Arrows
Luka S.J. - F12 Restarting Fix
Deo - Time Tones
CharizardThree3 - Bag Script Base
thesuzerain - DexNav Script
LackDeJurane - Bag Script Base
Nuri Yuri - FModEx
FL - Unreal TIme System
JV - Pause Menu Base
KleinStudio - On Bush Script, Key Item Animation Script
Simple Encounter List Credits: (raZ, Nuri Yuri, Vendily for main script
Savordez, Marin for helping with the code
Zaffre for the v1.2 update
ThatWelshOne_ for the v1.3 update)
Vendily - Helping out with many issues and the Expeditions Script
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by: Flameguru Poccil (Peter O.) Maruno With contributions from: AvatarMonkeyKirby<s>Luka S.J. Boushy<s>MiDas Mike Brother1440<s>Near Fantastica FL.<s>PinkMan Genzai Kawakami<s>Popper help-14<s>Rataime IceGod64<s>SoundSpawn Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>the__end KitsuneKouta<s>Venom12 Lisa Anthony<s>Wachunga and everyone else who helped out.
"RPG Maker XP" by: Enterbrain
Pokémon is owned by: The Pokémon Company Nintendo Affiliated with Game Freak

Tiles by:
Magiscarf
Maxewenx
Evolina
Phyromatical
Zeo
The Red Ex
19Dante19
Alistair
Flurmimon
Leparagon
Crocovyle
mjco
WolfPP
KyleDove
Zerudez
Seiyouh
TheGreatBlaid
Newtiteuf
PandaInDaGame
Hek-el-grande
Princess-Phoenix
Gigatom
Atomic Reactor
Poltergeist
DiegoWT
Akizakura16
Dewitty
Prince Legandario
SailorVicious
Pablus94
Diegotoon20
WesleyFG
XDinky
Zetavares852
princessmagic
ThatsSoWitty
NoelleMBrooks
Kymotonian
PurpleAladdin
KingOfThe-X-Roads
Aki
Alucus
Mew
KingTapir
Hydrargirium
rayd12smithy

Pokemon Sprites by:
AceTrainerAvery
@WARlOAPPARITION
Princess-Phoenix
Magiscarf
LuxDiablo
AnonAlpaca
Magiscarf
Luka S.J.

Other Graphics by:
Pantastic
Elle_Loves_Hugs
Jelo

Battle Animations:
The Pokemon Reborn team
-Amethyst, Jan, Inuki, Smeargletail, Mde, Koyo
-Sound: Amethyst, Pokemon Mystery Universe
-Graphic Rip: Neslug

Battle Backgrounds by:
carchagui
AnonAlpaca

UI Assets by:
SirMalo
PSDK/Pokémon SDK

Old Trailer:

Attachments

• screenshots.png
    screenshots.png
    444.1 KB · Views: 2,957
Last edited:

Spedoinky

Hack/Game Tester and Grammar Corrector
I haven't finished the current demo yet but here are some things I can say:
Very nice story so far.
Love the Pokemon Variety.
The first Gym needs a serious tone down. Sunflora can absolutely demolish an entire team with grass whistle and earth power. Also, if it has leftover it should not have leech seed on top of that.

Spedoinky

Hack/Game Tester and Grammar Corrector
Thank you! We're def doing a lot of balancing for the next version ^^
I just finished the current demo! Story really got thick there at the end. very enjoyable. The second gym was also a lot more manageable so that was nice!

Elle

Cooltrainer
Every time I see this thread I'm just so excited by how cool all the stuff in it is! Keep up the good work Avery!!

Maurili

Not a scobunny
didn’t play but
I will play it
I played a little of one of the betas or something
It looked great!
You see a review when I finish
In a future reply

Elle

Cooltrainer
Sure it may have a couple tiny bugs here and there (which I have mentioned to Avery) and of course like any Pokemon Essentials game has unavoidable lagging occasionally. All that aside though, visually it is a beautiful game (maps, sprites and fogs), choice of music and sound effects it is excellent, the story has been good so far and the side quests have been super addictive as well! I've only gotten as far as Route 2, but this game has been awesome, I highly recommend it and I can't wait to complete the demo! 😄

Charizardthree

Cooltrainer
Just finished playing the Demo and I thought it was brilliant.
It's been a awhile since I got into demo like I did yours.
The story is cool so far and a lot of your extra content, new forms etc.. (I don't want to spoil anything for those searching through the comments).
Really looking forward to the next installment of this game.

As a developer I appreciate bug checks Etc.. so I made a list when playing your demo.

• Cormorant Gym BG is still the basic indoors set up I would assume this is going to be sorted anyway
  • Dustox/Beautifly sprites have no shadow and looks close to the ground, may need raising to make them "fly"
  • Solarbeam does the same as megadrain/gigadrain?
  • Mawile, grimer Pokedex area glitch
  • Glitch which crashes the game when the guitar man finishes playing song
  • Following Pokemon glitches out in the cemetery, walking down stairs (not sure how you'll fix that)
  • Cemetery map has a tile (Smaller tree near the well) that the player can walk on and therefore see off the map
  • House with the delivery mission on route 5 sends you into a tree and gets stuck

I also had a few thoughts while playing:

When first playing the game I set it to Lunatic but I noticed the encounter rate was wa too high.
I'm not sure if it was just unlucky but it slowed down the game so much I dropped the difficulty down to Hard and it seemed better.
Again not sure if thats a difficulty setting or not but I noticed it a lot.
Same goes for prize money from battles at the start of the game. Early on I found myself struggling for cash and managed to get by from selling a stardust from staryu.
This was less of a problem later on but I'd swapped to Hard instead of lunatic so that could be the problem with that.

Other things:
  • Maybe have a secret potion rather than a normal potion for gym leader event 1, again while I was low on cash I needed more money to buy a potion, this could leave a player a little locked into finding wild held items to sell.
  • There were moments in the game when my team was low on HP with no heal spots around and rivals battles came up, maybe have a quick heal before the battle or some kind of heal point close by to these locations. probably not a big deal on normal but on Hard I noticed this could be a problem.

Last edited:

RonomakiKuromaro

Rookie
Hi, there! I just wanted to ask: I saw your demo mentions Calyrex. Does that mean that the game will feature all the Pokemon, up until Calyrex?

notasinzxz

Rookie
hey i lost a battle and my mon is no longer out of the balll is there no button atm to make it come back out of the ball

NavyViper

Rookie
Looks promising! I am repeatedly encountering this error when I try to go up stairs, though. So for now I'm stuck in this route =/

Attachments

• Script Error.png
    Script Error.png
    513 KB · Views: 161

SakuraNightmare

Novice
so a few things, it says the discords invite link is invalid and i dont know how to download the game, i click the download link then it opens some google drive file in another tab but doesnt download it