• Consider joining our Discord server if you haven't already! Discord is a free voice and text chat platform that's more or less a combination of Skype and Teamspeak. Using Discord, you can chat with other Relic Castle members in real-time! Wowza! Click here for the details!

Game Jam Pokémon TRAPPED

CoumarineTrainerAndy

A Trainer from Coumarine City

Pokémon TRAPPED
A game about you going off to train a Pokémon you got on your 10th Birthday in Crystalion Cave. When you enter the entrance behind you closes. He meets people who are also trapped and goes around exploring trying to find a way to escape.

Game Download:
Version 1.2
Version 1.1
Version 1.0
Made Using: RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials
Team
CoumarineTrainerAndy

Resource Pack

CoumarineTrainerAndy
Used Graphics and other by:
Thundaga
Luka S.J.
Additional art by the Thundaga Community
Michael (Senor Bambos)
Sandzyboy
Roan Da Fish
Kitsuna2
Atlantis
MrMcgee
Jonas930
ThePixelTrainer
Following Sprites used from: Essentials BW
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

With contributions from:
Boushy & MiDas Mike
Brother1440 & Near Fantastica
FL. & PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami & Popper
help-14 & Rataime
IceGod64 & SoundSpawn
Jacob O. Wobbrock & the__end
KitsuneKouta & Venom12
Lisa Anthony & Wachunga
and everyone else who helped out'
Elite Battle System was created by: Luka S.J.
Modular Menu Screen was created by: Luka S.J.
Modular Title Screen was created by Luka S.J.
Better Region Map was created by: Marin
Random Starter Pokemon was created by: Thundaga
Following Pokemon was created by: mej71

Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee soundtrack was used and was made by Junichi Masuda​

Last edited:

Marin

resident pleb
Administrator
Hey CoumarineTrainerAndy,

Could you expand your credits section to include Pokémon Essentials credits, as well as any other public resource you've used? It'd also be better if you were able to upload your screenshots as embeds (by getting a direct link for each image, and wrapping it in
tags).

OP
OP
CoumarineTrainerAndy

CoumarineTrainerAndy

Hey CoumarineTrainerAndy,

Could you expand your credits section to include Pokémon Essentials credits, as well as any other public resource you've used? It'd also be better if you were able to upload your screenshots as embeds (by getting a direct link for each image, and wrapping it in
tags).
I fixed it, thank you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CoumarineTrainerAndy

CoumarineTrainerAndy

Version 1.1 is out!
  • Added Events in Route 1 and Pokemon Sun and Moon Protagonist Sprite in Gemstone City.
  • Edited moveset for Cavako
  • Fixed glitch that only rival had Moltres no matter what the player had fought.
  • Added final rival battle after going home.

OP
OP
CoumarineTrainerAndy

CoumarineTrainerAndy

Version 1.2 is out!
This one update fixes one HUGE bug that I did not think of. So in the game you have to surf if you have a water type but you need a gym badge for that. So I made it that you got a gym badge silently before the item SURF was given to you. I also made it in case you already played and do not want to restart. If you talk to the grunt on the right the code will be run and it should work. If any of you players find bugs while playing please put them here and I will try my best to fix it.

Hey I played for a bit and had a good time! I think I'm stuck though?
I got past the Crystal Defender's little home, and headed to the right towards the ice trial, then ran into this.

This is amazing for a first game though! The only critique I have so far is that the maps are a little big, and the very opening before teaming up with my friend is pretty rough, I blacked out like 3 times. I think it'd be a lot easier if Oshawott just had some more moves to start with, especially a water move! Or just learn water gun a bit earlier on the first level up?

Atomic Reactor

I don't even like Pokémon games.
I was able to watch Aki play, and it looks like a solid project. Some of the custom graphics could use tweaking here and there, but it's awesome that you were able to include your own custom stuff at all!

I agree with Aki on the move set, you could totally tweak the Oshawott move set in the PBS files so that it starts with bubble or learns other moves while leveling up, that would make it less of a grind.

I would also consider adding some more items on the ground? You have a lot of explorable space, but you don't get rewarded for doing the exploring. Think Repels, Potions, Revives, stuff like that. (Perhaps a few hidden rare candies for the extra sleuthy players?)

I think these are some easy fixes you could make before the deadline!

Nice job!