Completed Pokemon Parallax

This project is complete. Any future revisions will be bug fixes or small updates.
Project Status
Completed
Project Version
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

splash.gif

Not everything is what it seems.

◈ Pokèmon Parallax ◈
Welcome to Pokèmon Parallax, a fangame made for the Relic Castle Game Jam #6!
This game takes place in the world of Pokèmon, where you get to play as Looker, A.K.A 100kr, a renowned and famous officer of Interpol!

plot.png
The Kimlik Islands, called the land of a thousand identities and ages, stranded in the middle of the ocean. The region's leauge is blossoming, tourism is booming - but under the surface, a strange and fashionable troupe are threatening to undo all that progress.

Those who come to Team Masque's famous masked balls, held for every occasion from the conductor in white's birthday, to the end of the world as we know it - would call them escapists. Harmless, perhaps, just wanting to recapture a bygone age where the worthy told the rest eat cake.

Those who've watched them take whole cruise ships hostage would sing a different tune. They might well call them hedonists, and the admin with the fiery hair might well agree with you. (Just - ironically.)

And those who heard the leading lady with the golden microphone singing to her audience, about how the world outside's a bit of a sham, how they're all free as birds, about stories of daring-do and divorce played to the grunt's mocking laughter, might call them or her...a cynic.

Still...what's the point of being escapist, if everyone else seems hell bent on ruining your fun?

No-one even knew just how many Team Masque members there were until a short while ago. They have no plan, at least not one the leader's letting on about...and also no restraint.

Far, far away, new Interpol recruit Looker only has one, very simple mission: stop crime. When he's sent to the Kimlik Islands on an inside job, with zero leads and zero idea what he's in for - Looker feels like he's finally in his element. His handler, Nanu, thinks he's gone in too deep.

But infiltrating the Masque should be easy. Put on the mask, put on a little nihilism too, fit in with the crowd, do a little eavesdropping here, a bit of espionage there. Then - be the hero and hopefully escape with your life.
...Will his gamble pay off and save Kimlik Island, or has Looker gone in too deep?

This game was made using RPG Maker XP, and the Pokèmon Essentials v17.2. This game was developed by LuxDiablo, AnonAlpaca, Maks, and ToxicStall. A variety of resources are used in this game, all of which are linked and listed in the "credits.txt" file in the game's download folder.

Notes: If you encounter a bug or would like to suggest an addition to the game, or if you would like to discuss the game and your progress, please join the public Discord server that we have set up for the game! Additionally, you're welcome to follow my Twitter, as I post updates on the game's progress there.

features.png
Heat Rush: Growlithe's new signature move!
Type: Fire
Category: Physical
PP: 15
Power: 80
Accuracy: 100%
Heat Rush is pretty much a Fire-type Extreme Speed, but it also provides the ability to burn the target.

Mega Arcanine
front.png

Type: Fire/Dragon
Stats: 115 HP/130 Atk/92 Def/105 Speed/120 SpAtk/93 SpDef
Ability: Intimidate

Mega Mismagius
front_c.png

Type: Ghost/Fairy
Stats: 70 HP/80 Atk/80 Def/125 Speed/135 SpAtk/135 SpDef
Ability: Levitate

Mega Scrafty
unknown.png

Type: Dark/Fighting
Stats: 85 HP/115 Atk/135 Def/78 Speed/50 SpAtk/135 SpDef
Ability: Moxie

Uxie (Abstract Forme)
uxie_a.png
Type: Psychic/Dark
Stats: 85 HP/85 Atk/140 Def/105 Speed/85 SpAtk/140 SpDef
Ability: Evocation

Stealth Missions
As an Interpol officer, you're gonna have to sneak around a bit to get what you want. To account for this, we're introducing Stealth Missions! They say that trainers must fight when their eyes meet, but what do two thieves do when their eyes meet while sneaking around? Stay away from police officers and criminals, and hide to your best ability to reach your end goal!

Postgame
Battle 1: Flannery (Pokemon RSE/ORAS)
1.png

Upon the game's completion, Flannery will be available to battle, as she is looking for some training partners. You can find her in Eruni City's residential sector.
Team
Torkoal (Lv. 60)
Camerupt (Lv. 60)
Chandelure (Lv. 60)
Blaziken (Lv. 60)
Houndoom (Lv. 60)
Magmortar (Lv. 60)

Battle 2: Blue (Pokemon RBY/FRLG)

1.png

Upon the game's completion, you can also battle Gym Leader Blue! Blue is outraged that no one can remember what a Champion is, due to the memory wipe caused by Uxie. He can be found in Route 304.
Team
Aerodactyl (Lv. 60)
Exeggutor (Lv. 60)
Gyarados (Lv. 60)
Alakazam (Lv. 60)
Arcanine (Lv. 60)
Machamp (Lv. 60)

Battle 3: N (Pokemon BW/B2W2)
1.png

Upon the game's completion, you can also battle Plasma Heir N! As this game takes place before the events of Pokemon Black and White, N is still radicalized, and gets mad at you for failing to prevent the destruction of Kimlik. He can be found in the Turnuva Castle
Team
Carracosta (Lv. 60)
Vanilluxe (Lv. 60)
Archeops (Lv. 60)
Zoroark (Lv. 60)
Klinklang (Lv. 60)

Battle 4: Wes (Pokemon Colosseum)
trainer110.png

Upon the game's completion, you can battle Wes in a double battle! However, Wes' battle isn't just a simple battle. Upon beating Wes, you are taken to the Aritma Forest, located on Kimlik Island's sister island, Bebek Island. Here, you help Wes take down some invasive Shadow Pokemon, before you encounter Celebi! Here, you can catch Celebi and return to Kimlik.
Team
Plusle (Lv. 60)
Ludicolo (Lv. 60)
Tyranitar (Lv. 60)
Metagross (Lv. 60)
Espeon (Lv. 60)
Umbreon (Lv. 60)

Battle 5: The Dev Team
diablo.png

Pokemon Trainer Lux
Team

Scolipede (Lv. 60)
Luxray (Lv. 60)
Lycanroc-Dusk (Lv. 60)
Reuniclus (Lv. 60)
Decidueye (Lv. 60)
Mega Houndoom (Lv. 62)
alpa.png

Pokemon Trainer Alpa
Team

Porygon-Z (Lv. 60)
Arctozolt (Lv. 60)
Empoleon (Lv. 60)
Chatot (Lv. 60)
Archeops (Lv. 60)
Mimkyu (Lv. 62)
unknown.png

Pokemon Trainer Maks
Team

Gigalith (Lv. 60)
Floatzel (Lv. 60)
Slaking (Lv. 60)
Heracross (Lv. 60)
Pidgeot (Lv. 60)
Mega Charizard X (Lv. 62)

Upon the game's completion, you can battle three of the dev team members! Lux will give you the Shiny Charm, Alpa will give you the Oval Charm, and Maks will give you the Master Ball. They can be found inside one of the houses in Nihai Town.

Postgame also opens Route 302 and connects Route 302 to Route 304. There are fast travel NPCs located in the Interpol HQ Lobby, Port Eruni, Route 302 and Route 303. You can travel from the Interpol Lobby HQ to Port Eruni and vice versa. You can travel from Route 302 to Route 303 and vice versa.

1.png

1.png

2.jpg

7fe49206d4683342ded5a165048870b7.png

1.png

1.png

1.jpg

1.png

Download Here!
Latest Update: August 21st, 2020, 2:34 PM CST

Documentation For The Game

Development Team
LuxDiablo
Lead Developer
Composer
Pixel Artist

AnonAlpaca
Writer
Pixel Artist
Artist

Maks
Writer

ToxicStall
Writer
Playtester

External Credits
Mr. Gela
CharizardThree3
Luka S.J.
Marin
Help-14
zingzags
Rayd12smitty
Venom12
mej71
derFischae
Michael
Zame
Parabeetle X
Hooligan Sauce
Smogon XY Sprite Project
Smogon Sun/Moon Sprite Project
Smogon Sword/Shield Sprite Project
VanillaSunshine
Kaliser
ThatsSoWitty
Akizakura16
Lightbulb15
DiegoWT
Pira
PurpleZaffre

Resource Pack

Again, please join the Discord server to respond to this thread with any feedback or bugs with the game! Thank you for playing! : )

para.png

credits2.png

Last edited:
I was playing and ran into a bad end, not sure where I messed up?
I was on the boat with Nanu and he told me to use the Growlithe I got from HQ...but I had never received a Growlithe and don't know where/how I missed that. I checked my menu to be sure but there was no pokemon/party option. Anyway I couldn't leave the room so I tried going to bed again and the cutscene tried to replay, but Nanu was standing in my way and the game locked up.

LuxDiablo

Berserk Inferno
I was playing and ran into a bad end, not sure where I messed up?
I was on the boat with Nanu and he told me to use the Growlithe I got from HQ...but I had never received a Growlithe and don't know where/how I missed that. I checked my menu to be sure but there was no pokemon/party option. Anyway I couldn't leave the room so I tried going to bed again and the cutscene tried to replay, but Nanu was standing in my way and the game locked up.

Nanu says that there's a package on the table, so you have to interact with the table. I should probably add a sprite or something there to make it more clear. My bad!

WolfTaiko

Ex-Ace Gamer
Hi, so I've been playing the newest version, and I encountered a bug, once you get to Port Ureni 2 Pokemon follow you, instead of one. Thought I would tell you this so you could patch it.

Iron_Rx

Novice
The download seems to be broken. Says this error normally happens when the file is no longer hosted on Mediafire.

Bred

Rookie
Hey man, loving the game although i have a slight problem where Im not sure if its a bug but since I fainted twice I have two extra of my pokemon following me now, if not is there someone way for me to fix this as its a little distracting.

LuxDiablo

Berserk Inferno
Hey man, loving the game although i have a slight problem where Im not sure if its a bug but since I fainted twice I have two extra of my pokemon following me now, if not is there someone way for me to fix this as its a little distracting.
Hey! This is a common issue that I'm trying to fix right now. Do you know where you died specifically, and where you were teleported back to? Thanks for playing!

Bred

Rookie
Hey! This is a common issue that I'm trying to fix right now. Do you know where you died specifically, and where you were teleported back to? Thanks for playing!
The first time was on the starting boat and the second was to a trainer battle early on.

Iron_Rx

Novice
1.5 download works, so whatever the problem was it's gone now. Thanks for looking into it!