Dimensional Scream Animation

Kychu

Developer of Pokemon: Moonlit Skies
I've been trying to make a dimensional scream animation for essentials for a while now, but I for the life of me can't figure out the dimensions that the whole image needs to be in.
I'm trying to get it to fit the whole screen like it does in Explorers. If anyone can help me out with at least the dimensions of the image that I need to put these in, I would very much appreciate it.
Dimensional Scream Sheet

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
See, each frame in that Animation Sheet needs to max 192x192 so you can make the final Animation Sheet any size as long as the 192x192 condition is met. Check out the default Essentials Sprite Sheets for some reference.

Kychu

See, each frame in that Animation Sheet needs to max 192x192 so you can make the final Animation Sheet any size as long as the 192x192 condition is met. Check out the default Essentials Sprite Sheets for some reference.
I will try that out. Thank you

Kychu

If I do it in the dimensions you provided, it doesn't fit the entire screen. Would I have to make it a transition, and call it whenever I needed it?

leilou

A wild Minun appeared!
are you trying to make it an event? In that case the size of the sprite showed would always be 1/4 of your picture in height and width. One animation would be the 4 pictures in one row.

you could do it the easy way and just make every frame of the animation it's own picture and have an event that just shows a pic, then waits a bit then shows the next pic.

the scripting way would be:
Code:
def dimensionalScreamAnimation
  #some parameters to calculate stuff with ... if something isn't right you
  #should probably toy with those
  framesPerRow = 3
  framesPerColumn = 12
  framesInLastRow = 1
  timeBetweenFrames = 2

#initialize graphics
  viewport = Viewport.new(0, 0, Graphics.width, Graphics.height)
  viewport.z = 99999
  sprite = IconSprite.new(0, 0, @viewport)
  sprite.setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Dimensional Scream")
  frameWidth = sprite.bitmap.width/framesPerRow
  frameHeight = sprite.bitmap.height/framesPerColumn
  sprite.src_rect = Rect.new(0, 0, frameWidth, frameHeight)

#the actual animation
  for i in 0...(framesPerRow*(framesPerColumn-1)+framesInLastRow)
    sprite.src_rect.x = (i%framesPerRow)*frameWidth
    sprite.src_rect.y = (i/framesPerRow)*frameHeight
    timeBetweenFrames.times do
      Graphics.update
    end
  end

#dispose everything
  sprite.dispose
  viewport.dispose
end

Golisopod User

Elite Trainer
are you trying to make it an event? In that case the size of the sprite showed would always be 1/4 of your picture in height and width. One animation would be the 4 pictures in one row.

you could do it the easy way and just make every frame of the animation it's own picture and have an event that just shows a pic, then waits a bit then shows the next pic.

Or you could make an overworld animation in the Animation Editor in the Database