• Having trouble receiving email verification when signing up? Contact an administrator via our Discord server!
  • Consider joining our Discord server if you haven't already! Discord is a free voice and text chat platform that's more or less a combination of Skype and Teamspeak. Using Discord, you can chat with other Relic Castle members in real-time! Wowza! Click here for the details!

Solved Help with Variables in Trainer Events

Fiasom

Rookie
So I thought I would upload a screenshot, but either Imgur or Relic Castle isn't working with me, so I'm having problems trying to report and get help on a problem... Sigh...

I need "variable 93" to increase by 1 when you have double battle with different 4 trainers. Once variable 93 hits 3 (i.e. after fighting three trainers), another event in the same map set to autorun is supposed to kick in.

BUT

The variable does not increase when we have the battle. My forays into the internet has shown me that I am not the only one who has this problem, and the solution seems to be to delete the green comments in the event defining the trainer, after the info has been compiled once. However, if I delete the green comments, the 4 battles are no longer double battles, and they have to be. (The player is level capped too low to beat the 4 trainers, the partner trainer does the heavy lifting.) So it seems like I am forced to make a choice between either having double battles or manipulating variable 93. Surely there must be a way to do both?

The next best thing I can imagine doing is to make the outcome of all four battles recorded, and if the battle has been won (outcome of the battle event set to 1), a separate autorun event in the same map ticks +1 to variable 93. Once this happens three times V93 should hit 3, triggering the autorun event. But this seems an over-complicated way of doing something that is otherwise incredibly easy - 4 variables to keep track of the double battles, 4 separate events to autorun, plus another autorun event to trigger the next sequence of cut scenes.

What do I need to do to both make the battles double, and to have the variable increased by 1 per each battle?

leilou

A wild Minun appeared!
the 4th argument of the pbTrainerBattle method determines whether you fight a double battle or a normal one. So do it the way it works but you only get single battles and change the 4th variable to true:
pbTrainerBattle(:LASS,"Crissy",_I("You didn't have to win so convincingly!"),true,0,false,0)
If you don't know where to find that line: it's the condition of you if condition in the trainer event.(obviously the class, name and loosing text needs to be the one you want it to be ... but if that already works then you don't need to worry about it) Also delete the comments or any change you make will be overwritten!

I usually don't use comments to make the trainer and just copy some example trainers from either essentials or some I set up myself and edit those. The comment method only gives you a certain amount of control after all.

Fiasom

Rookie
the 4th argument of the pbTrainerBattle method determines whether you fight a double battle or a normal one. So do it the way it works but you only get single battles and change the 4th variable to true:
pbTrainerBattle(:LASS,"Crissy",_I("You didn't have to win so convincingly!"),true,0,false,0)
If you don't know where to find that line: it's the condition of you if condition in the trainer event.(obviously the class, name and loosing text needs to be the one you want it to be ... but if that already works then you don't need to worry about it) Also delete the comments or any change you make will be overwritten!

I usually don't use comments to make the trainer and just copy some example trainers from either essentials or some I set up myself and edit those. The comment method only gives you a certain amount of control after all.
Facepalm... I knew there had to be an easy way. Thank you! Works like a peach. *suddenly lands a big sloppy kiss on the cheek* *runs back to eventing leaving a dust cloud behind*