Dismiss Notice
This section is for the discussion of the tutorials and resources on Relic Castle. To find tutorials and resources, check out the Tutorial and Resource Manager for optimal navigation.
  1. Deo

Deo Thread Author Psst... Join the Discord! deo

Overview Tutorials and Resources Requests

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Resources Discussion' started by Deo, May 12, 2017.

Have you combed through our tutorials and resources and not found what you're looking for? Need a simple resource for your fan game that you can't seem to find, or need a more in-depth guide on something? This is the place where you can request such a thing.

Before requesting anything...
    When requesting...
    • Don't make ridiculous requests. No one is going to make you an entire tileset or a complicated script add on. While you can request custom things, be realistic. This isn't the place to be recruiting team members either.
    • Don't repeat your requests. If it's gone unanswered, perhaps you're requesting too much, or no one else is interested.
    • Don't request lots of things at once.
    Failure to abide by the above will result in us banning you from replying to the thread.

Aki likes this.
  2. Djaco75

Djaco75 MasterMind member

Ahh. There is a script in the tutorials and resources that can show pictures of the people talking above the windowskin. I really want to include this in my game, but I can not find any portraits of previous Gym Leaders/Elite Four and just about any NPC. I wouldn't mind GIF versions, but if you have any static sprites, they would be appreciated too.

3. Fontbane

Fontbane Trash Junkrat Main member

I think it would be really cool if someone really good with game art like @Cilerba@Cilerba or @SirAquakip@SirAquakip could do a spriting/artwork tutorial!

Cilerba likes this.
  4. Sparta

Sparta Bronzong. With a hat. member

I need 350 Fakemon as soon as possible. Fronts, backs, shinies, and alternate forms.

Oh, that's not the place for this? Eh, okay. That said, I think it would be nice to see some new options for battle UI and window skins. Those are both pretty common things in a game, and I've seen so very few resources for them. I know @Aki@Aki has a UI resource up, but I still don't seem them that much.

Aki likes this.
  5. SirAquakip

SirAquakip Novice member

Actually one step ahead of you!

I'm working on a sprite tutorial. And I'm actually considering a Design a Fakemon tutorial too.

6. Pokébook

Pokébook Novice member

Could it be possible... someone really good with outfits, could do a tutorial about the player character female/male having 2 bicycles in different colors, (non acro/mach feature) thanks in advance

Radical Raptr likes this.
  7. Radical Raptr

Radical Raptr 78% memes radicalraptr

What exactly about this do you need covered? I can write basically anything about that, but I'm not sure what you're having a problem with? Is there anything in particular you need clarified? It sounds like a simple recolor job unless you mean how to make an outfit because one like that exists

Pokébook likes this.
  8. Pokébook

Pokébook Novice member

I meant in the script editor (Idk how to script) + I'm confused on how to name the girl_bike and boy_bike graphics with outfits I know how, but dunno how to name them with 2 different recolored bicycles so that in game the player can obtain 1 of 2 bikes..

9. Aki

Aki Rockin' that new Mew Badge! :3c aki

I don't really know what words would describe this so excuse me while I point at things on this screenshot
    [​IMG]

See right above the text box? When the battle starts there's a visual effect of waves while everything is still sliding into place. This visual effect isn't just for the special Red Gyarados fight though, I think it's for any wild encounter (but doesn't happen for trainers) because there's also a grass variation and probably a cave one but this is the image I was able to find showing it.

I know it's a small detail but I've been thinking about it lately, haha.

10. updawg734

updawg734 Novice member

Could someone help me out with move tutors? I was hoping to make move tutors for my game where they offer a host of moves that you can learn for a price (money, shards, etc.). The only example of a move tutor I see in Essentials is the old woman in the Cedolan City Condo map, but she just teaches Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, and Hydro Cannon to the starters (and its free).

I'm assuming there is some kind of script for this, but I don't know what it is. Essentially, it would be like the mart, as you are "shopping" for a move. But then I wanted to possibly make the player pay with an item (i.e. shards). Thanks in advance if anyone can help out!

11. NoodlesButt

NoodlesButt Novice member

I hadn't noticed until now but the background also moves into place but it doesn't in essentials.

Dawn Bronze likes this.
  12. Hematite

Hematite Definitely the Most Plot-Relevant Isorrioid member

I would be really interested in a tutorial on making Pokémon cries, if anyone has figured out how to make ones that don't sound super out-of-place - especially Generation IV/V-style ones, rather than the earlier Generations where they were all the same sounds in different arrangements. Do we know if Game Freak had a particular soundfont for those? I have an extremely hard time believing that they were just sounds put into a microphone, which is the only suggestion I can ever seem to find. XP