Resize Screen and battle sprites and UI accordingly to accomidate.

dracoceros

Rookie
Hello! So, I want to know if it's possible to resize the height and width of the game to allow larger battle front creature sprites to be used in the game. My game involves using very large boss sprites, and the current size does not support that, as well as summoning up to 5 creatures on the field at once on your team (3 boss aids and up to two creatures). And how to reposition battle sprites.

Also, how would I get following pokemon sprites working? Do they need to be a set size to be able to display and walk correctly in pokemon essentials, or does the following pokemon trainer script help, or... I need an example sprite, or something. And not a sprite that utilizes just 48x32 trainers, I already know that works.

Last edited:

leilou

A wild Minun appeared!
Hello! So, I want to know if it's possible to resize the height and width of the game to allow larger battle front creature sprites to be used in the game. My game involves using very large boss sprites, and the current size does not support that, as well as summoning up to 5 creatures on the field at once on your team (3 boss aids and up to two creatures).
You can change the base size of the game in "settings" script:
Code:
DEFAULTSCREENWIDTH   = 480
DEFAULTSCREENHEIGHT  = 320
DEFAULTSCREENWIDTH is the width and DEFAULTSCREENHEIGHT is the height of your game.

And how to reposition battle sprites.
Start your game in Debug mode. (The green Play button in RPGMXP)
Then press F9 for debug options
Navigate to "Information editors..."
Navigate down to "Edit Pokémon Sprite Positions"

Also, how would I get following pokemon sprites working? Do they need to be a set size to be able to display and walk correctly in pokemon essentials, or does the following pokemon trainer script help, or... I need an example sprite, or something. And not a sprite that utilizes just 48x32 trainers, I already know that works.
The sprites work the same as Trainer sprites. Here's an example:

(Credit to 1ofthe4rocketbros)
You need to install the following Pokémon script for it to work though. (I think you already did ... but I'm not 100% sure so I'm gonna mention it anyways)

Last edited:

dracoceros

Rookie
The sprites work the same as Trainer sprites. Here's an example:

(Credit to 1ofthe4rocketbros)
You need to install the following Pokémon script for it to work though. (I think you already did ... but I'm not 100% sure so I'm gonna mention it anyways)

By work the same, you mean I can just use this image:
As it is? each sprite is 96x96 pixels, because the creature is massive itself. The pokemon is centered on the middle 32x32 tile.

leilou

A wild Minun appeared!
By work the same, you mean I can just use this image:
As it is? each sprite is 96x96 pixels, because the creature is massive itself. The pokemon is centered on the middle 32x32 tile.

The format is ok. The sprite will be centered in a way, that the lowest pixel in the sprite is lined up with the lowest pixel of the tile it's standing on. But be centered horizontaly.
For the size: You'll need to try that out yourself ... if the sprite is to big you will have to resize it.

dracoceros

Rookie
The format is ok. The sprite will be centered in a way, that the lowest pixel in the sprite is lined up with the lowest pixel of the tile it's standing on. But be centered horizontaly.
For the size: You'll need to try that out yourself ... if the sprite is to big you will have to resize it.
By resize, do you mean resize the canvas or the entire sprite?

leilou

A wild Minun appeared!
By resize, do you mean resize the canvas or the entire sprite?

The sprite ... because the sprite will be displayed pixel by pixel ... so if the mon is to big or small for your world: either resize the sprite or the rest of your game so everything fits ... usually it's easier to resize the sprite