Released Pokémon Infinity

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.

Pokémon Infinity
-----------------------------------
Plot
Welcome to the Egho Region (Ee - go)

You wake up in the middle of a forest with no recollection of who you are.
With the help of a local professor and his assistant,
you are thrust into an adventure around a mysterious island in hopes of regaining your memory.
Fun times and tough challenges await!
-------------------------------------------
Screenshots

[1.6.0 to 1.6.1] May 25th 2020
-minor tile error fixes
-amberfield town trader fixed
-north gatehouse trader fixed
-final trainer dialogue updated
-adjusted attack options in battle to read easier
-couple more animations and tweaks
-removed grass from forest center
[1.5.1 to 1.6.0] May 17th 2020
[this should be the last update for a while, lest there be bugs I need to fix]
-Added a small part of Koros Cave to Palkhan Heights (new area, new items, new trainers)
-Balance tweaks (that machop...)
-a few more animations/tweaks
-time is now displayed on pause menu
-some over world pokemon encounters now have a possible egg move
-the leaks in caves are now animated, it makes me thirsty

[1.5.0 to 1.5.1] May 11th 2020
-Minor bug fixes
-Updated move data (adjusting powers and accuracies to be more in line with current games)
-fixed up/added some animations
-added reward for beating the final 2 challenge trainers
-tweaked some scattered items in the wild
-balance fixes
-adjusted badge level requirements for traded pokemon (they won't misbehave based on lack of badged for now)
-farmer in haydust gives you an egg

[1.40 to 1.5.0] May 1st 2020 (I hope this pandemic doesn't kill all of us lol)
-General bug/error fixes
-added/tweaked a bunch of battle animations
-added Sylveon and a few new fakemon
-Challenge mode unlocks after you beat the story aspect of the demo
-updated items and shops
-rebalancing of trainers
-couple more new attacks
-expanded a few areas to add more exploration
-made some machines have blinky lights
-probably more things I'm forgetting

[1.31 to 1.40] April 10th 2020
-Added 2 more fakemon
-tweaked moves/stats of new pokemon
-added 3 new evolutionary stones (Link Stone, Amethyst Stone, Astral Stone)
-Updated/added some battle animations
-New attack "Typhoon" added
-level curve/expall adjusted
-added grass patch in Echorock that have Flying type pokemon
-added NPC dialogue to help guide you in echorock
-hidden treasures added/updated around the world
-minor bug/grammar/tile fixes
-some moves powers adjusted
-other things probably, idk

[1.30 to 1.31] March 26th 2020
-Fixed some issues with pokemon.txt and tm.txt
-Added a fishing mechanic
-Fixed Dojo
-New moves and animations
-Added new Pokemon

[1.0 to 1.1,1.2, and 1.3] March 20th-25th 2020
Wasn't keeping track at this point so I don't remember.
First public release, updates saw addition of fakemon, bug and error fixes, animation updates.
Q: What emulator do I use?
A: None, this can only be played on a Windows operating system. Open the game folder, then open the Game.exe (little galaxy pokeball icon). It runs by itself.

Q: Why is there no battle animation for this move?
A: I made over 500 battle animations for this game in order to make it suck less. There's still a bunch of animations I have yet to do, and I plan to finish them with the final release. Feel free to let me know which animations are missing, I keep a checklist going to make sure I get them all.

Q: When will this be fully complete?
A: No idea, I'm one person. It might never be done.

Q: Where do I go after Echorock?
A: Make sure you talk to the man above the statue. After that, check back with Thorn.

Q: How long/ how many badges are there?
A: This game has taken on average of 6 to 9 hours, depending on how much you invest. You will obtain 2 badges in this version. You get to explore a little more than half the island planned for the full release. The 2 HMs you will get are Fly and Cut. The 1.5 update has added a post-game challenge set of trainers.

Q: Why does my fog/panorama/picture/field poison effect get cut down to a quarter of the screen sometimes? (Or, why do some graphics get messed up when I'm using "Large" screen mode?!?)
A: For some reason, if you open the program automatically to the large screen setting, it'll cut the graphic. Just go to options, switch to medium and back to large, and it'll fix it. Not sure how to fix it permanently.

Q: What Pokemon are all in this game?
A: 1st through 5th gen, and some original ones. I gave you an unencrypted game folder. I'd prefer if you played to find out, but you have access to everything you want to know about the game inside various folders. Feel free to snoop around if you must, but I wouldn't ruin the fun if I were you. There are fakemon, alternate forms, and new evolutions. More are planned for the future.

Q: How do I get Gorochu, Nidorook, Quzsparce, or any of the fakemon?
A: Play to find out. You can always check the Pokemon.txt folder, located in the PBS folder, if you really want to ruin the fun.

Q: Will I be able to carry over my save to the final version in the future?
A: Ideally, yes, but probably not. A lot of things could change in development from now till then, so I wouldn't count on it.

Q: Can I use ______________ for my own project?
A: Absolutely. Anything in this game is either made/edited by me, or from other public art assets. Credit needs to given, but feel free to use anything in this download.
Install the fonts! The game won't look as intended if you don't install the fonts (they come with this download)
Go to game folder, then Fonts folder, highlight the fonts, right click, install.

Z = Run
X= Menu/Cancel
C/Space/Enter= Confirm/Interact
Arrow keys to move
F5 for registered items

SAVE OFTEN
This is a fan game, meaning I'm not a professional. There may be things I missed in testing that could mess your game up. I've done the best I can so far, but there always could be a hidden bug. Just be weary.

WARNING IF YOU ARE UPDATING FROM 1.0, 1.1, OR 1.2, THIS UPDATE MAY BUG OUT SOME MOVES.
I updated moves in V 1.30, meaning that "Fairy Wind" will become "Freeze Dry" if a pokemon already had Fairy Wind. If you catch a new pokemon with said move, it'll be normal. I believe you can just forget the move and that should fix it. There's about a half dozen or so moves this will happen to. If you are playing this game for the first time on V 1.30 or higher, you are safe.
tl:dr Moves got overwritten from 1.2 to 1.3, which caused a few to change. You can forget/relearn moves in Echorock to fix issue.

If you beat the Dojo pupils in 1.3 or earlier, and didn't get to face the leader, interacting with the southeast big boulder in the first room of Echodrop cave will correct it. (Warning, if you do this before having beat the 4 pupils, it will mess up the events)
This game is free and should never be involved in any monetary exchange.

Special thanks to the friends that I bounce ideas off of and that provide me feedback and assistance when I need it.
Max, Aki, Josh, Teo, Tom, Andy, Jose, Sam, Sabs, Iwan, Justin, and Duncan.

Shout out to Hukon Risu for inspiring me to make every inch of my game worth your time,
by making the world more interactable and interesting.

The graphics that were used were either my own or original/edits of the artists below

Feel free to use anything in this game,(fakemon, battle animations, tilesets, new moves, etc) for your own non-profit project.
Please credit Atomic Reactor, and any other artist/programmer that contributed resources to this project.

I hope you enjoy it.
---------------------------------TEAM----------------------------
Atomic Reactor - Lead Developer
Feutor - Competitive Mechanics Coordinator

Scripts/Engine
------------------------------------------
Poccil - pokemon essentials engine
Maruno - present day essentials and general help
Luka SJ Utilities, Menu, Title
KleinStudio - grass animation
Marin, Overworld shadows, general help
FL - Unreal Time

Graphics
Tiles
----------------------------------------
Evolina
Phyromatical
Zeo
The Red Ex
19Dante19
Alistair
Flurmimon
KyleDove
Zerudez
TheGreatBlaid
Newtiteuf
Princess-Phoenix

SirAquakip - Old Obsidian Fakemon
Unova Backsprites - Dreadwings93
Gorochu Concept Art used for sprite - Foxeaf
Pokemon Type Icons - KryptonLion

Character Sprites
-----------------------------------------
Kyledove
Beliot419
AutumnSpire

Animation Graphics
--------------------------------------
hadecynn / Andy Chen

Title Screen and Background Graphic
-----------------------------------------
norma_2d

If you are interested in helping out with this project,
please contact me here or on twitter @atomicreactor

Download Link
Current Version - 1.6.1
Download
~please install the fonts before playing~

Last edited:

weedleneedle

Rookie
It won't let me play, when I download the file it doesn't appear in a folder like it says in the FAQ it just appears in a 7z file and it says I can't open it. I have a windows operating system so I'm confused

SuperSwarles

Rookie
I love the game so far, I do have a question though since im new to playing fan made games. How do I make the game run a little smoother, I am running it on windows 10 and there is just a slight bit of lag

Eevee27

Rookie
I downloaded the game but its asking what to open it with on windows and I don't have anything. Is there something else I need to download to play it?

Noelh123

Rookie
Hi! I have a macbook, not anything Microsoft. Is it possible to play this on their OS software?
Thanks

Olympian_Mystery

Rookie
I downloaded it but every time I got to load it it just won't play I hit play Game.exe and it won't play Plz help I just saw this game today and I really want to play it

Aprogergely

Rookie
I was very interested in finding some of the new Pokémon you mentioned, but I couldn't find any after 2 hours of playing, so I took a glance at the PBS file. I found that the chance of finding fakemon is only 1%, can you increase this to 5% (or higher), since if it stays this low, basically noone Will be able to use them. We wouldn't even know we missed them.

Atomic Reactor

I don't even like Pokémon games.
@SuperSwarles It's running on an outdated program, so it's probably not ever going to run 100% smooth, but it should be consistently 38-40 FPS if you're running on a decent computer. If you're on a laptop, make sure it's plugged in. Close any unnecessary applications. Otherwise there's not much more you can do, sorry.

@Eevee27 After you download it, you have to unpack/unzip it (using winrar 7zip, or other similar programs). Once you've done that, you should be able to just launch the game.exe from the unpacked folder.

@Noelh123 Unfortunately you probably can't play it on mac. There may be available apps like Wine that can run windows programs, but even with that I'm not sure it would work. That issue may take some googling around.

@Olympian_Mystery As long as you're on a windows computer, that's all you should need to do. You should be opening the one with the black/galaxy pokeball icon.

@TheHeroicChampion You won't miss getting Cut, which means you probably just haven't found the right path yet!

@Aprogergely I think the rarity of the fakemon at this point is acceptable. Most of them are either rare by design, or evolutions of other pokemon, which you wouldnt' be able to get until later in the game anyway.

leihino

Rookie
Hi! I have just spent 9 hours finishing the demo and I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH.

Spoiler-free, it's very well made with awesome maps (especially the ones at the cliffs), real-world pokemon encounters looks so good. The story is definitely intriguing, and I enjoy the occasional giggling over your quick and funny quips in the game xD 9 hours of grinding and exploring well-spent. I hope other people are having just as much fun as I do when playing this demo.

Honestly I love everything about this game. It saddened me when I found out I reached the end of the demo. I really thought, for a moment there, that the scientist appearing behind Prof.Thorns was another fragment of your dream! Scared the crap out of me when he randomly appeared lol.
I love how this game includes HM02 - Fly right after the first Gym. We all know too well what a hazard it is to run around in the early stage of every Pokemon game. Also, all the good items are available very early in the game, which I deeply, deeply appreciate.
Props to you on the level of details you have for each map. They're huge, detailed, and really well thought out, with many things to discover. I love the random findings on the ground! This game finally makes my weird habit of checking every corner of every map worth it.
I love this game so much that I even spent 60k gold on the rare eggs, hatched them all lol but none other than Lukpup and Dratini. Lukagon is a powerhouse in this game.

I have a few small details that I feel could make the game better.
1. I knew this game from the Nuzlocke Playthrough by aDrive on YT, and in his video, he totally skipped over the Rival - which I think you could make it essential to talk to them after obtaining the egg from their father.
2. I wish that the fakemons would be easier to obtain. I totally skipped over some of them because I didn't know they exist before finishing the demo, I had to read through all the files.
3. I notice that the Stoner, I mean the evolution stones seller is no longer there in Echorock town after the festival. Please bring him back so I can explore the evolutions even more :(

Olympian_Mystery

Rookie
@Olympian_Mystery As long as you're on a windows computer, that's all you should need to do. You should be opening the one with the black/galaxy pokeball icon.
I'm sorry I still don't understand what to do I'm using 7-zip Should I not be because when ever I download it it comes as a 7-zip file and I can't hit run that won't do anything

Atomic Reactor

I don't even like Pokémon games.
@leihino Thank you so much for the kind words, I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I tried to make exploration worth your time!
I also appreciate all your feedback, I will take them into considerations. That stone seller will actually appear on Merchants Ridge at night I believe!

@Olympian_Mystery After installing 7zip, you should be able to extract the project. You may want to look up a tutorial on using the program or unpacking/unzipping.

Mickelle_Birdman

Rookie
I have downloaded the game and am really excited to play, but when I open a menu it on a constant downclick making it impossible to select things. Is there a way to fix this issue? am I an idiot?

Aine

Rookie
I just finished the demo and hooooooo boy, it's wonderful! It's not hard but it's not stupidly easy either. I like how many items and tms we get - I guess, it's because we are on a small island after all.
The chests! The loot chests, oh my god, I was literally screaming of joy when I found the first one. It felt like... I dunno? Zelda? DnD-like? You explore and you get what you deserve. I also liked how complex some of the routes and caves are, and at the same time they are relatively small and PACKED with stuff and pokes.

Pokemon. I absolutely adore the fact that we don't need to "climb up" our way to the top - first we usually get bugs, early birds, maybe some normal types - here, oh here we can have ANYTHING (practically) early on, you just need to find them. New persian evolution was my powerhouse for the whole game, Gorochu followed shortly. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to find myself a feebas, even with the help of "encounters" document (is it THAT rare or what?), but I grabbed a new shellder evolution and he was amazing.
All in all, amazing demo, I really want to play a full version of it!

Darkrye

Rookie
hey when ever i try to hit up to select a text i want to say it always drops down even in the settings menu it drops to the bottom but when i want to pick to see my pokedex or pokemon and when im walking its fine only when i want to select a text chat or in setting is there anyway to fix this?

Tavs3153

Rookie
Yesterday I was having so much fun, making a team with only fakemon for the new experience, however, when I arrived at the city after Amber Trail (sorry if I wrote the name wrong), when I spoke to a npc, my game froze for a few seconds, then a pop up said that the "Script is hanging", I hit the ok button, the game unfroze, saved automatically and shut off. Since then, whenever I try to play again, I can go past the menu and enter the game, however, neither me or the npcs around move. I believe time is still passing by in-game and the music can still be heard, but, other than that, the game has become, unfortunatelly, literally unplayable. I am aware than I can simply uninstall, erase everything and reinstall, but the feeling of throwing away my team seems awful, so I was wondering if can someone help me get my game to be playable again without having to lose everything. Thanks for the attention