• Having trouble receiving email verification when signing up? Contact an administrator via our Discord server!
  • Consider joining our Discord server if you haven't already! Discord is a free voice and text chat platform that's more or less a combination of Skype and Teamspeak. Using Discord, you can chat with other Relic Castle members in real-time! Wowza! Click here for the details!

Help Problem with [906] Pokémon

Krahssen

Novice
Hello! I was writing to report an error that I do not know how to solve.

When I add a new Pokemon (Fakemon) I have no problem until I use the number [906] in "pokemon.txt". From here, if I add this Fakemon to the regional Pokédex, I will get this error when I open the Pokédex:

I use Pokemon Essentials 17 and the Modular Menu, but there doesn't seem to be a problem with that, it's just the error when I add a species that has a number greater than 906 in PBS.

Sorry for my english

Thank you!

leilou

A wild Minun appeared!
I'm not 100% sure but try the following things:
- start a new game. If this fixes it everything is probably fine and the problem was probably within in your save file.
- encounter the Pokémon before opening your pokedex(do an event with a battle against it). This doesn't solve anything but it does give more information because the error has something to do with
Code:
$Trainer.formlastseen[nationalSpecies]
being
Code:
nil

Krahssen

Novice
I'm not 100% sure but try the following things:
- start a new game. If this fixes it everything is probably fine and the problem was probably within in your save file.
- encounter the Pokémon before opening your pokedex(do an event with a battle against it). This doesn't solve anything but it does give more information because the error has something to do with
Code:
$Trainer.formlastseen[nationalSpecies]
being
Code:
nil
Apparently I have solved it thanks to the reply of "PikachuFans2018" in another post:

"
To anyone that's still having the Pokedex Problem, here's what you need to do:

In PScreen_PokedexMain around line 328
Replace
form = ($Trainer.formlastseen[nationalSpecies][1] || 0)

with this
if defined?($Trainer.formlastseen[nationalSpecies][1])
else
form = 0
end

after you do this, SAVE IMMEDIATELY. "

Thank you so much!

leilou

A wild Minun appeared!
Apparently I have solved it thanks to the reply of "PikachuFans2018" in another post:

"
To anyone that's still having the Pokedex Problem, here's what you need to do:

In PScreen_PokedexMain around line 328
Replace

with this
if defined?($Trainer.formlastseen[nationalSpecies][1])
else
form = 0
end

after you do this, SAVE IMMEDIATELY. "

Thank you so much!

Yeah that solves the issure ... but it doesn't investigate why the issue happens so this is actually a bad practice because it just disables a certain type of form shown in your pokedex for those that are wrongly initiated ... not saying you shouldn't do that ... just saying that that's more like brushing the problem under the carpet than solving it and it might cause some unwanted phenomenoms later down the line

Maruno

Pokémon Essentials dev
Essentials Developer
I don't think it's a problem, because you shouldn't really be adding Pokémon to the Pokédex after you've started a save file you want to keep using. It could be supported, but I don't see the point because Pokémon aren't going to be added to a game after it's finished (i.e. the point when players are able to play it).