Resource icon

Resource Gen 8-Style Item Find Description 2.0

boonzeet

Developer of Pokemon: Secrets of the Ages
boonzeet submitted a new resource:

Gen 8-Style Item Find Description - Shows a dialog after encountering a new item with its icon and description.

Short and sweet script to show an icon and description with the item name when discovering an item for the first time, like in Sword & Shield.

View attachment 278

Instructions

Place this script above Main, or above FollowingPokemon if using.

Code:
# ========================================================================
# Item Find
# v1.0
# By Boonzeet
# ========================================================================
# A script to show a helpful message...

Read more about this resource...

boonzeet

Cuauhti

Rookie
Awesome script! Although I noticed that the current version does not work for Essentials v18, but it is easily fixable by removing all the "Kernel."s from "pbMessage", since Essentials v18 doesn't use the Kernels in the method names anymore.

boonzeet

Awesome script! Although I noticed that the current version does not work for Essentials v18, but it is easily fixable by removing all the "Kernel."s from "pbMessage", since Essentials v18 doesn't use the Kernels in the method names anymore.

Cheers for spotting this. I've updated the resource to include the fix.

Kioshi Hoshitsuya

Trainer
Sorry for my ignorance, but, what's an instance? I want to modify the berry plants section but I don't know where exactly I need to put
this: $game_player.addFoundItem(berry)

Chalk33

Likes Pokémon Platinum too much
Sorry for my ignorance, but, what's an instance? I want to modify the berry plants section but I don't know where exactly I need to put
this: $game_player.addFoundItem(berry)
I believe it means both times you see the line it says to search for. Each time you see the line would be an “instance” or “occurrence” of the line. So this paragraph would be an instance of me defining instance for you.

So basically search what it tells you to, and insert the code above each time you see it.

Assuming I read it right myself, I haven’t actually used it or anything, but I know I have the instance part right lol.

Kioshi Hoshitsuya

Trainer
I believe it means both times you see the line it says to search for. Each time you see the line would be an “instance” or “occurrence” of the line. So this paragraph would be an instance of me defining instance for you.

So basically search what it tells you to, and insert the code above each time you see it.

Assuming I read it right myself, I haven’t actually used it or anything, but I know I have the instance part right lol.
It works! Thanks for the clarification!

boonzeet

boonzeet updated Gen 8-Style Item Find Description with a new update entry:

Version 2.0 with v19.1 Support

Hello all, I've remade this as a plugin for v19.

New features include:
  • Removed piggybacking on $Trainer object, replacing with v19's new SaveData system
  • Uses aliases instead of rewriting methods, allowing the script to play better with other scripts that modify pbReceiveItem and pbItemBall
  • New UI showing the title inside the message box!
  • Now a plugin
Hope you enjoy!

Read the rest of this update entry...