This is my first ever game jam entry submission & frankly first ever working demo. I say "demo" because for the approximately 1 month I worked on it, I never was actually able to finish the story events. After a short break after the game jam is over, I will get back to eventing and finish it and polish, fix bugs, etc. The demo itself is about 15 minutes worth of content and is very story-focused. So if walls of text / lots of reading isn't your thing, this probably isn't the game for you.
*Also, the controls are a little weird / hard to get used to, so you may want to use the arrow keys to move, the "V" key opens the menu, "C" key to confirm and the "X" key still is to cancel.
You play a random girl who has amnesia; I know, it's a very common trope in RPG's. And yeah, you go through the game trying to find out what happened in your lost memories. The game features humans as well as a fantasy race I created. Despite the horns, they're not evil; so don't worry, they're not demons. lol
- A very interactive world! You can interact with practically every object and of course every NPC.
- A new PSDK experience! While the majority of fangames out there are made with Pokemon Essentials, you can now get a brief glimpse of what the other Pokemon fangame kit "PSDK" is like.
- Gen6 and gen3 nostalgia! This game is designed with gen3 sprites and tiles but is meant to be a representation of Kalos. It also features gen6 arts and music to hit home that feel like you're back in Pokemon X & Y.
- Dialogue arts! In main-story dialogue text is accompanied by arts of the characters (edited vs arts)
- A beautiful environment! From the combination of animated tiles, music, sound effects and special lighting effects, the areas all feel more detailed than what you might be used to.
- A unique story and set of characters! I'm sure all the RC entries have this, but it's still worth noting anyway.
- Multiple Save Files! While for this type of game it's not necessary since it is very linear, PSDK does offer up to 3 save files!
Known Bugs (nothing game-breaking):
- Lighting effects can be seen when the screen transitions to black and unfortunately cover the shop menu.
- There are a few typos most likely that I haven't caught.
- The wild battle music is incorrect.
*After downloading it, play by choosing the "Game.exe" or "Game-noconsole.exe" (if you only want to see the game window) file like you would if it was a Pokemon Essentials game.
Resources Pack Download:
RC Resource Pack
Official PSDK Credits Page
Blizzard Sound Effect
All Music - Pokemon XY & Eternal Sonata
Misc sound effects - RPGMaker XP / VX / MV
Pokemon FRLG & Emerald & XY
[Character Design & Writing]
Game Jam-Required Map - Otter Flooflord
All those who offered positive feedback and helpful critique on the Pokemon Workshop Discord as well as on my twitter.