Phenomenon: BW Style Grass Rustle, Cave Dust + More

Resource Phenomenon: BW Style Grass Rustle, Cave Dust + More 1.1

boonzeet

Developer of Pokemon: Secrets of the Ages
boonzeet submitted a new resource:

Phenomenon: BW Style Grass Rustle, Cave Dust + More - Creates the random events from BW, complete with custom battle music and customisable item drops

View attachment 269 View attachment 271

My favourite feature of Black and White was the phenomena - random events that let you snag good items or rare Pokémon, or even just fighting Audinos for a good EXP boost. So I've created it in Essentials!

This is my first 'big script', so any experienced coders, I'd love some feedback and tips to improve it.

Features
  • All 4 random events - Grass rustling, Water bubbles, Cave dust and Flying birds, complete with sound effects...
Read more about this resource...

SuzuiXIi

Novice
I added everything in the order you said, and it doesn't work.

The game runs perfectly, but there's not any grass/water/cave etc rustle encounter. I even changed the r value to a number which is always higher than PHENOMENOM_FREQ, and it even the it justs...Doesn't work at all.

boonzeet

I added everything in the order you said, and it doesn't work.

The game runs perfectly, but there's not any grass/water/cave etc rustle encounter. I even changed the r value to a number which is always higher than PHENOMENOM_FREQ, and it even the it justs...Doesn't work at all.
Did you set the defined switch to ON?

I've cleared up the code for it and added the ability to just leave phenomenon permanently on by setting this to -1. Just did a test install on a fresh version of Essentials using the instructions and it definitely works.

Last edited:

SuzuiXIi

Novice
Did you set the defined switch to ON?

I've cleared up the code for it and added the ability to just leave phenomenon permanently on by setting this to -1. Just did a test install on a fresh version of Essentials using the instructions and it definitely works.
Oh, yeah...I didn't do that, you're right... Thanks, and sorry for having such a silly mistake, should've read your script better Dx

boonzeet

Oh, yeah...I didn't do that, you're right... Thanks, and sorry for having such a silly mistake, should've read your script better Dx
Not at all, it was actually really ambiguous what that option did! Thanks for alerting me to it and giving me a chance to improve it

boonzeet