Demo Pokémon Virion

Discussion in 'Progressing Projects' started by Crystal Noel, May 9, 2017.

1. Killerbash9000

Killerbash9000 Rookie member

Hey,i played virion yesterday,tried to play it now and my save file was lost,and i saved like a buttload of times,and there was a save file where i had a oricorio,toucannon,and a litten,tried using that save file but it just exited the game,i deleted the save file after that.

2. TechSkylander1518

TechSkylander1518 Wiki Dweeb member

I'm really loving this game so far! The music and concept are really wonderful! (and I love the birthsign mechanics!)

That said, I do have a couple of nitpicky things.
    • The tree in the player's house has the wrong passability, I think-I could step right onto it.
    • Julia/Caesar says to the player "He says she's asked you to run an errand for you" and I can't make sense of what they meant.
    • At the start of the game, Oak says "Hi! There!" I know it's a silly typo to point out, but it's the very first impression of the game for people that aren't reading this thread, so I'd hate for it to leave the wrong impression.
    • The intro music is considerably quieter than the rest of the game music. It's not a huge deal, but I notice that I try to turn up my volume to hear the intro, and then the rest of the sound becomes a little too loud.
    • If you enter the right staircase in the lab instead of the left, the player will still try to go to Juniper in the other room, essentially locking the game up. It might be good to include something blocking the player from doing so until after they head left.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  3. Shiratori Hime

Shiratori Hime Rookie member

Hello, I really want to play the game but it is not playable even using wineskin (no excutable file error). Do you think you can make a Mac Version for the game? Thanks a lot.

4. Crystal Noel

Crystal Noel Thread Author Novice member

So I've just released the second demo of the game. This time around you are able to play up until the end of Chapter 2. There are a few notes I would like to go over, because I have changed a few things since the last iteration.
    • The Unreal Time System has been removed due to me feeling like it didn't add much to the game. The clock now functions as it does is any other Pokémon game.
    • The Pokédex has been fully completed, so some dex numbers may change.
    • Due to a graphical glitch that could not be resolved, the HUD from the first version is now gone.
    • This new version of the game sees the introduction of Shadow Pokémon into the game.
    • A few new glitches in regards to the following Pokémon were discovered, but its nothing major, so I will keep the system in the game for now as it cannot be separated from the game easily.

I hope you enjoy this new version!

Also, there has been talk of here about a Mac version of the game. Right now, that is still not the case, but I will look into the possibility of it. I cannot promise anything since the RPG Maker XP engine only works with Windows normally.

Edit: There was a major game-breaking glitch that prevented you from starting a new game in the update. I have since resolved the issue, but if you downloaded the game before 9/18/17 at 10:15 AM EST, please update your game.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  5. Crystal Noel

Update:
    I've released a number of bug-fixes for the game. You should download those fixes ASAP as they are needed in order to progress.

6. Crystal Noel

Sorry for the rapid replies, but I did make some major changes to the game that should permit you to not have to update the game further. This new update restructures how the game's files are contained and now features an updater that will allows you to automatically update the game when updates are available. In order to update this time round, you do have to re download the entire game. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but it's the only way you can download the game and have it work properly.

7. Eev33

Eev33 Rookie member

Hello I really like this game so far. and I am curious if you are still working on this? I can't wait to see what all else you put into this game when it is finished :D

8. Crystal Noel

A new update is live! Go download that as it make it possible to complete Chapter 2!

9. Rune

Rune Rookie member

I have the updated file, and whenever I try to open the game it crashes immediately :(

10. Professor Colress

Professor Colress Rookie member

Is it ok if I use the head/torso Sprite of Colress.
    I would use it for a game I plan on making.
    I WILL give credit to you for the sprite unless someone else made it. If so, please tell me who. Thanks!------------------------
    I looked on Bulbapedia the other day and realized I had a brain fart. My bad! But anyways, when I can, I will play your game.

11. PKMT_Zero

PKMT_Zero Rookie member

Hi, i just wanted to say that your game is awesome! Especially because you use shadow pokemon, Pokemon Colosseum and XD are ones of my favorites pokemon games. And the music suits this game just fine.

But i encountered a problem: when i lose a battle in the Pre-gym and black out my pokemon stop following me, well just in looks, because it's there, i can talk to it but i can't see it :(

Do you think it's a bug? because my computer it's old too.

Although there wasn't any problem with other games until now so i don't know u.u

The error is this:

Script 'Pokemon Following' line 692: NoMethodError ocurred.

undefined method '-' for nil:NilClass

Then when i talk to the pokemon the game crash, and when i try to talk to the NPC i talk to the pokemon insted and of course the game crash, so i decided to create another save file because it's almost imposible to play u.u

12. Crystal Noel

This should be resolved now. If you haven't already tried, it should work now.

I have a new update to the game to fix another issue, but I'll look into this issue as well. To get around this you should be able to just press CTRL to toggle partner visibility. I'll look into it though and hopefully should be able to fix it soon-ish.

13. Rune

Rune Rookie member

It's actually crashing whenever I try to leave the player's house, now.

14. theAcecelgor

theAcecelgor Novice member

The same thing happens to me

15. Crystal Noel

Can you guys show me the error message, I can't seem to replicate it.

16. Rune

Rune Rookie member

"Script 'BitmapCache' line 394: RunetimeError occured.
    Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Pictures/Location/district"

17. Crystal Noel

Oh that's because I forgot to update the resources in the stand-alone version. Try copying these files into the game folder. https://www.dropbox.com/s/qj95ym3o5pdxke6/Resource Update.rar?dl=0

Alternatively, you could delete your version.ini file and run the updater. Either would work.

theAcecelgor likes this.
  18. Rune

Rune Rookie member

That did it!!! :3 thank you so much for ur help!!

19. theAcecelgor

theAcecelgor Novice member

Yay thanks!!!

20. Crystal Noel

You're very welcome. I need to make sure that I update the standalone version's assets in the future. XD