1. PillDependantDork

PillDependantDork Thread Author Nic member

Work in Progress Pokemanz Crunch and Munch

Discussion in 'Progressing Projects' started by PillDependantDork, May 8, 2017.

[​IMG]
    POKEMON CRUNCH and MUNCH
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Welcome to the Yrgnuh Region
    This place is inhabited with new kinds of pokemon and familiar pokemon from the horoscope series of rom hacks for you to meet. Travel across the region for your final trainer school test, beat the gym leaders along the way, and collect all new pokemon throughout this small region. Sadly, not all is peaceful... Team Plague threatens the peace of everyday life,
    with their goal being to awaken the hibernating legends of famine and hunger, and gain control over them. With those legendary pokemon, they can threaten and get whatever they want, YOU have to stop them!
    This fan game would not be made possible without the resources of both the community, and luka sj's elite battle system.
    This game aims to be a "spiritual" successor to the pokemon horoscope series of rom hacks, with challenging battles, and new plot, assuming youve never played those games.also you are probably wondering on what happened to all the other sprites ive done for this game...I just decided to start over, one because i lost everything, and two, I felt like the pokemon couldve been more creative with their designs.
    Also I decided to resprite the horoscope fakemon in hopes to respect the creator and not ripping the already made sprites.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

ALPHA SCREENSHOTS
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 9:12 PM
  2. Jonas930

Jonas930 Rookie member

I am your fan ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PillDependantDork likes this.
  3. PillDependantDork

thanks for checkin it out, makes this place a bit more alive!( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4. Mozart

Mozart Novice member

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) since we're posting these

Dude those sprites are top-notch!

5. Djaco75

Djaco75 MasterMind member

͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Really cool! I love the sprites and the Fakemon! They look awesome!

I also love the upgrade you gave to EBS! It looks amazing so far!

6. MasterBallz

MasterBallz x99 member

Those look like the starters from Pokemon Vega hmmmm.....

7. Radical Raptr

Radical Raptr 78% memes radicalraptr

Your maps seem a bit choppy - the only good looking ones from the screens are the House one and the Forest one - the house is traighforward, but the forest has good spacing, interesting uses of trees with smaller trees and just looks good overall.
    However, the other maps seem to be claustrophobic, and have uninteresting designs: those houses are incredibly small, and the paths don't even connect with one another for some reason. Those mountain tiles don't look like they should be able to be walked on - the paths are incredibly tight, and I don't think grass really fits that very well.

The plot seems pretty by the books, though I'm a little concerned about how closely this game takes "inspiration" from those existing games and with what credit.
    Fakemon games are always fun and usually help mix up the gameplay in fun innovative ways - but some of those designs look a bit awkward in their poses or just design in general and not all of them feel as though they really fit as "pokemon" like the purple rabbit with the bag or the green lizard snake man.

PillDependantDork and Fontbane like this.
  8. PillDependantDork

oooh ya got me! I think im putting those as place holders until i make something thats fun and original, but for now, yes, those are resprited vega mons haha------------------------
    Thanks dude! You bring up some pretty good points. Of course all the maps arent final and are always subject to change. I think i need to stop with the whole," small is cute" philosophy in general to be honest. Especially if it effects the gameplay and overall look of the game. As for the non connected maps, I was kinda going for an ORAS feel with the seperated maps, but like you said, it does make the maps feel more claustrophobic in a sense. On an unrelated note, I'm planning on making original tilesets so the game feels more unique like the dark feel of Pokemon Reborn. I'm trying to go for more of a lighter story, and lighter feel while also keeping the difficulty real. As for the "inspiration", which i see none of, all I see are fakemon from the japanese rom hacks being put to "good" use, plain and simple. For the fakemon poses, I kinda want to take the "fall" on that one. As an artist, I tend to draw things with more movement, so I guess you could call it a style choice. So be it awkward, but I like the movement better than stagnant pokemon sprites, I do however, need to spend some time and make proper back sprites. I do need to change the description, since this game is focused more on fakemon. And yeah, thats my paragraph haha, thanks for the feed back, it really is appreciated! Im a criticism sponge id like to think so feel free to go in, my self esteem is piss garbage so i guess thats why im good at taking critiques and such. That aside, feel free to give more feedback when you get the chance, helps me grow, ya know?get it? cause im a rice guy??