Released Pokemon This Gym of Mine

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Work in Progress
Project Version
NOTICE:
I am aware of a ROM hack version of this game is circulating around. This is NOT that. This version requires no emulator to play and is exclusively for PC. To play, just download the ZIP file from one of the links below. Extract the file and run the game file. I have no affiliation with any of the ROM hack versions of this game.

Pokemon
This Gym of Mine

mbM7yzy.png

You are the newest Gym Leader for Umbal City! Battle Trainers that challenge you,
spruce up the city, and help out the citizens!
How you do it is all up to you!
Screenshots:
pRrSnvx.png

xO4XGlu.png

TlZRq6A.png

RFXvpC4.png

r7Wdjzj.png
lO3Nisz.png
Downloads:
Made Using:
Pokemon Essentials 18.1
Team:
Omegas
Notes:
It's random chance that goes into deciding who you face at the Gym. I've done everything I could think of to keep it interesting and avoid repetition, but it may happen once in a while, especially early on. Also, some early-game Trainers get stronger if you leave them be. You can only fight each Trainer once, so make it count!
Finally, there is no barrier between areas. You can access areas containing Pokemon five times your strength straight out the gate!
Have fun you guys!

Credits:
Pokemon Essentials 18.1 - Maruno, Poccil, and Flameguru
Smogon XY/SM/SS Sprite Projects
Project: Generation 6

Jumping Gen 6 Pokemon Icons - Pikachumazzinga
ShinxHero's Pokemon XYORAS Cries
Generation 8 Project for Essentials

Last edited:

Zvuv

Rookie
Hey I really enjoy your game it's becom one of my favorite pokemon fan games I have a question there is a house were a girl give you stater pokemons and side that they can learn moves that they nomrly can't I get chikorita (I really love her don't jugde me) but I don't get how to teach her new moves

Omegas

Trainer
Hello, everyone! It's been a good bit since I had a substantial update for you guys. So, here it is. Pokemon This Gym of Mine 4.0, the Vacation Update!

After this update, you will be able to take a vacation to one of three locations.

Frijed City:

[2021-12-16] 14_04_25.282.png

A place teeming with icy Pokemon and beautiful scenery! The Gym Leader here is Perma. She specializes in Ice-type Pokemon. However, if you specialize in this type, she uses Fairy-type Pokemon instead!

Opulance City:
[2022-06-28] 20_29_30.473.png

Opulance City is massive! Why not visit the Record Shop and get a TR, or the mall for the latest items! I hear the Poke Ball Factory is about to have a brand-new breakthrough! Be careful, the alleyways are home to aggressive Dark and Fighting-type Pokemon! Luckily, the Gym Leader Grant specializes in Fighting or Dark depending on your specialization.

Breezee Town:
[2022-06-28] 20_30_01.194.png

Quiet, little Breezee Town is home to windmills and a large dam. Electric and Flying Pokemon make their home here. Despite this, the Gym Leader Hoover specializes in Electric and Fire Pokemon. He is loved by the locals, regardless.

You gain one vacation day after 5 days. You can call the Gym Leader Hotline or talk to the mayor's secretary to see your vacation days or set up a vacation. You can even take your Gym Trainers with you! They might work harder if you treat them to a getaway!

Of course, there is more to these areas than taking in the scenery! New Pokemon abound! Here are some new Regional Variants you'll see in these locales!

031_1.png
034_1.png

I've already talked about the Nidos in a previous post. Despite this, they are probably some of my favorite designs out of the new forms, so I hope you give them a shot!

437_1.png

Like the Nidos, I talked about Frijian Bronzong before. If you are concerned about your team sharing too many weaknesses, this might be a good Pokemon to catch! It only has one weakness, and you can choose which one! Just catch the one with the ability you want.

475_1.png

This is Opulant Gardevoir's physical attacking counterpart! Like with Gardevoir, it trades out bulk for power and speed and drops it Psychic type for Electric.

106_1.png
107_1.png
237_1.png

Here are the Hitmon of Opulance City! Hitmonlee have trained so muck with the Throh that populate the area that these Fighting/Normal types have incorporated a variety of grapples into their fighting style.
Hitmonchan was inspired by shadow-boxing, a method used by boxers to help workout and hone their form. This Fighting/Ghost type improves during battle by using Power-Up Punch and taking more and more blows with its Stamina ability!
Hitmontop becomes a fierce Fighting/Rock type. Drawing inspiration from Lethwei, also known as the Art of 9 limbs, Hitmontop weaponizes its entire body to brutal efficiency! Its Rock Head ability allows it to make even riskier plays that a normal Hitmontop

446_1.png

This Dark type version of Munchlax doesn't change much compared to its Sinnohan counterpart. However, its evolution trades out all of its bulk for speed and strength! Be careful if you come across this Pokemon in Opulance's dark alleys...

126_1.png

Breezian Magmar pumps out steam like its no business. This Water/FIre type can easily slot onto a Fire team, as it can tank Water attacks, and a Water team, as it can easily dispatch Grass types.

403_1.png

This adorable, little wind turbine has an incredible new ability! Wind Tunnel brings a tailwind into effect when it enters the battle! It pairs up greatly with slower Pokemon that might struggle to get a hit in.

429_1.png

Breezian Mismagius is a terrifying Ghost/Fire type. It seeks out people who harbor guilt and feeds off of it. However, the people of Breezee say this isn't the strongest form it takes. They speak of a nightmarish Pokemon, Misdemur!

Vacations aren't the only thing this update adds! A new quest is available, too! Finish this quest and new moves will be available to you! Here is a hint...
[2022-06-28] 20_12_56.579.png

I feel like I say this everytime I release a major update, but, sincerely, thank you all for the support you guys have given Pokemon This Gym of Mine. This game when from a broken mess into something I can truly say I'm happy with. Because of that, I have a little something for you guys.

Hidden in the game is a special room with a special battle. You need to be Gym Leader Rank 8 before you can even attempt to find it, and, even then, it is quite out of the way. The only hint I'll give is to check around the Badlands. If you can beat this Trainer, take a screenshot of the item they give you. Whatever you do, DON'T post it to the forum. DM it to me. And please, whatever happens, keep it a secret between us, okay. ;) No one likes spoilers...

And with all that, I hope you all have a wonderful day...

Omegas

Trainer
I'm sorry to ask again but, is there a way to see our save and to extract it to keep it ?
My apologies, I meant to answer this in the last post. You should have a file on your computer called Saved Games. Just search for it using your start menu and it should bring you to it.

agfer

Rookie
Starters:
NormalFlyingBugSteelWaterElectricIceDarkRock
Munchlax
Evee
Kangaskhan
Noibat
Gligar
Doduo
Larvesta
Scyther