Released Pokemon This Gym of Mine

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Pokemon
This Gym of Mine

You are the newest Gym Leader for Umbal City! Battle Trainers that challenge you,
spruce up the city, and help out the citizens!
How you do it is all up to you!
Screenshots:

Downloads:
Made Using:
Pokemon Essentials 17.2
Team:
Omegas
Notes:
It's random chance that goes into deciding who you face at the Gym. I've done everything I could think of to keep it interesting and avoid repetition, but it may happen once in a while, especially early on. Also, some early-game Trainers get stronger if you leave them be. You can only fight each Trainer once, so make it count!
Finally, there is no barrier between areas. You can access areas containing Pokemon five times your strength straight out the gate!
Have fun you guys!

Credits:
Pokemon Essentials 17.2 - Maruno, Poccil, and Flameguru
Smogon XY Sprite Project
Project: Generation 6

Jumping Gen 6 Pokemon Icons - Pikachumazzinga
ShinxHero's Pokemon XYORAS Cries

Last edited:

BlueFirre

Rookie
so i have a small problem, i am soft locked when i talked to the mayor when entering the city restarting doesnt work

SunGoddess23

Trainer
so i have a small problem, i am soft locked when i talked to the mayor when entering the city restarting doesnt work
I had that same problem but when I went to the non 1.1 version it somehow fix it. I don't know if it was just luck on my side but you can try that and see if that fixes it for you. If it does after you get past the scene just save it and close that one and go back to the 1.1 one.

Last edited:

BlueFirre

Rookie
I had that same problem but when I went to the non 1.1 version it somehow fix it. I don't know if it was just luck on my side but you can try that and see if that fixes it for you. If it does after you get past the scene just save it and close that one and go back to the 1.1 one.
0 luck with that, same shit happens

ryuk

Rookie
i have a problem in the raiders hideout after been kidnapped after battelling with the guard the game freeze
ps: I chose the Dragon type

RaccoonSlime

Rookie
The game softlocks for me, after the mayor goes of to the players house. He is probably stuck in place, because of collisions.

Elian

Rookie
I need help downloading because I downloaded and extracted fine but it doesn't work for any of my emulators can anyone help me

Elian

Rookie
Um hi I have a problem with the evolution of sligoo that I can't evolve it without my game crashing

Side note does anyone know where to get noivern because I can't find it

Baritone Pringle

Rookie
Has this game been suspended indefinitely? I see the dev posted saying that there was an update in the works, but that was over a year ago (August 2019) and I don't see anything.

Omegas

Novice
Sorry to keep you waiting.

There are many things I want to say, but it has been a while. There is something I should do first.
Pokemon This Gym of Mine version 2.0 will be available shortly after this post goes live.

It is nowhere near perfect, in fact I can hardly call it complete, but I have left you guys in the dark, honestly, way too long.
I've been sitting on this update for a while, and I owe you guys, at the bare minimum, a somewhat functioning version of this game
for how long I've made you guys wait. Like I said, it's still buggy and has a problem with difficulty spikes, but this version comes with many
fixes for known issues and is, above all, actually playable to the end!

And, thank you all for following this project. Honestly, I'm surprised to see people still interested in it to this day... Thank you all
for waiting, for playing the game, and, most of all, still having any interest at all with this buggy mess I tried to call a game...

TO REITERATE, this game is far from what I want it to be. To try and have any hope of fixing this game, I had to break a lot of it
in the process. I've tried to fix what I could and made temporary changes to help deal with the issues I couldn't fully deal with.
I apologize for this, and I do have fixes in the works that I will try to implement. The main purpose of this update is to show everyone
I am still working on this game and trying to improve it. In addition, I have no way of telling if this update will play nice with the previous versions.
I cannot make any promises that it will work with old save files ( there were a lot of behind the scenes changes).
If you want to, you CAN try to play with your old save, but I cannot make any promises that it will be a smooth experience...

Once again, I'm sorry to have kept you all waiting so long...
And thank you for sticking around...
Hope you all have a nice day...

System:

Major overhauls to how Reputation is handled
Major overhaul to the Gym Battle system - (Still a work in progress)

Overworld Gameplay:

Slight update to sidequests and new ones added - (more on the way)
Commercial District added. Allows for more buildings to be built, as well as three unique buildings only usable there.

Pokemon and Battles:

All Starter Pokemon are capable of using their respective Gym's signature move, regardless of if they could learn it before
All Starters, with exception to one (more below), have a base stat total of 600 given to their final evolutions, theoretically there
should be no outright "best" option for a Gym.

Eevee:

Eevee has received a massive overhaul!
Every Eeveelution has a base stat total of 600
Eevee has a base stat total of 550, not as powerful as it final forms, but powerful enough to still be viable, especially with an Eviolite
(Sylveon to be added soon)

And above all:

NO MORE GLITCHES INVOLVING THAT STUPID MAYOR!!!

chins4tw

Rookie
Just wondering if there is a day and night cycle?

Cause I'm doing an Ice gym and I would like to know if it is possible for me to get my Weavile.

edit: My game also froze when i won a battle after being kidnapped. I chose ice type.

Last edited:

Omegas

Novice
Just wondering if there is a day and night cycle?

Cause I'm doing an Ice gym and I would like to know if it is possible for me to get my Weavile.

edit: My game also froze when i won a battle after being kidnapped. I chose ice type.
The day/night cycle SHOULD be active from what I remember, but I'll have to check when I get a chance to work on the game again.
As for the crash, are you using your old savefile? With how many changes that were made, the update may not play nice with it. I will check it out when I get the chance, though. So, I'll keep you posted about that.

chins4tw

Rookie
The day/night cycle SHOULD be active from what I remember, but I'll have to check when I get a chance to work on the game again.
As for the crash, are you using your old savefile? With how many changes that were made, the update may not play nice with it. I will check it out when I get the chance, though. So, I'll keep you posted about that.
I just downloaded the new version today. First time playing it.

Maple06

Rookie
Is there a download for an older version of the game? I'm also stuck in the part where I'm kidnapped and I was thinking of trying to use an older version to get past it but I can't find a download anywhere.

Mrragger

Rookie
really nice hack i enjoy playing it, but it freeze if i battle the trainer in the cave after victory i choose dragon.

Omegas

Novice
really nice hack i enjoy playing it, but it freeze if i battle the trainer in the cave after victory i choose dragon.
Glad to hear you like it! Can you give me the specific name of the area? If you can, I'll see what I can do.