Need Help Fixing 'Unfixable' PBS Issue

TheLoreScribe

Rookie
So, I've recently installed a Gen. 6 Patch for Pokemon Essentials, and while I've had a few minor issues with move name errors and formatting, there's one big issue that's giving me a migraine: Namely, when I try to boot it up for testing, this is what pops up:

--------------------------- Pokemon Essentials --------------------------- [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
Exception: Runtime
Error Message: Expected a section at the beginning of the file. This error may also occur if the file was not saved in UTF-8. File PBS/pokemonforms.txt, line 1
#-------------------------------
Compiler:178:in pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:165:ineach_line'
Compiler:165:in pbEachFileSectionEx'
Compiler:203:inpbEachFileRGSS2Compatibility'
Compiler:2005:in pbCompilePokemonForms'
Compiler:2003:inopen'
Compiler:2003:inpbCompilePokemonForms'
Compiler:4398:inpbCompileAllData'
Compiler:4515
This exception was logged in C:\Users\The Scribe\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\errorlog.txt. Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
--------------------------- OK---------------------------

The problem is, the file's still the same as when I first unpacked it, and when I re-encrypted it as UTF-8, it still won't get fixed. Would anyone know how to fix this?

Hope to have an answer soon!

Vendily

Elite Trainer
The big reason it's freaking out is because it's expecting the first couple of bytes to be the Byte Order Mark.
If you want to keep that exact same file, you can just whip out a hex editor, like HxD, and type in EF BB BF .
If you aren't comfortable with a hex editor, I guess you could pull the file from a clean project and just copy and paste the new stuff, but I can't guarantee it'll work, I usually hex edit that stuff when I do get that error.