Completed Pokemon Sunday Version

Softshade

Pokemon Sunday Version
POKEMON SUNDAY [v1.0.3] DOWNLOAD HERE
Join the Discord!

Some snapshots of the game can be found here:

Pokemon Sunday Version is a classic style Pokemon game set in the Kiraki Region using gen 3 tilesets and up to gen 5 Pokemon with gen 6 moves/stats/typings (though no megas)

It is a completed game with a complex plot, intricate maps, and 8 fun gyms with puzzles that include a matching game, dodging ninjas, flooding or unflooding pools in the proper order, warp tiles, regional trivia and more.

I am looking for people to play through the game. It should be mostly bug and typo free, as I have played through myself several times, but it is always good to have fresh eyes.

Plot:
The player washes up on the shores of the Igandea River near Germanium Village with no memory of who they are or how they got there. The local Pokemon researcher, Professor Cherry suggests visiting the gym leaders of nearby towns. As they are community leaders, he suggests they may recognize you.

The player gets a choice of Three original Fakemon in a neutral type trio (Fairy, Flying, Light).

The player journeys around, meeting the gym leaders, and slowly realizing that while some people recognize them, they seem hesitant to help the player out.
Features:
There are 10 completely animated Fakemon, the three starter lines, and a new Light-type Eeveelution.

The new Light type is super effective against Dark, Ghost, Water, Ice.
Not very effective against Fire, Grass.
Weak to Dark, Dragon.
Resists Water.
Immune to Fire.

16 new, completely animated moves (mostly Light-type)

An original soundtrack for the overworld Routes and Towns and the Intro is created by Jeff Clements.

The player can become a member of the Elite Four or Champion after playing through the main story line, and be challenged (and possibly replaced!) by many of the strong trainers and gym leaders of the region. The elite four will change over time as challengers take down current members.

Get a special punch on your trainer card for every type of Pokemon that you successfully become Champion using!

Acquire a special Legendite, which will rebalance the stats of the Pokemon holding it to be on par with a Legendary Pokemon, so that any Pokemon can be useful.

Become a member of the Bike co-op. Returning a bike to empty Bike racks across Kiraki will yield nice prizes.

Explore the Kiraki research library which contains a rich history of Kiraki, and in it's private collection, historical clues of where Legendary Pokemon may lie.

Acquire items to get through obstacles instead of using an HM slave

Play through in a challenge mode where Pokemon cannot be revived, and you can only catch one Pokemon per Route.

Mystery Gift!
At the Pokemon league is a woman who will give you various mystery gift Pokemon if you have the proper code. If you would like to add a mystery gift Pokemon to be included, send me a private message with your desired Pokemon, shininess? ability, moveset, nature, nickname, original trainer name, and a passcode to unlock your gift (7 or fewer letters all caps). If you have designed a mystery gift Pokemon, feel free to place your code in the comments

Pokemon Stats and Movesets:
https://pastebin.com/AmREguqB

TM List:
https://pastebin.com/0na1Kp4F

Encounters:
Number of Unique Pokemon Per Route by Type:
Route 1
  • Land 11
  • Land (West) 12
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 7
  • Total Distinct 32
Route 2
  • Land (South) 11
  • Land (West) 11
  • Land (North) 11
  • Land (East) 11
  • Total Distinct 16
Route 3
  • Land 10
  • Total Distinct 10
Route 4
  • Land (West) 12
  • Land (East) 10
  • Headbutt 2
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 8
  • Total Distinct 37
Route 5
  • Land (North) 10
  • Land (South) 11
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 8
  • Total Distinct 26
Route 6
  • Land 12
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 8
  • Total Distinct 25
Route 7
  • Land 12
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 8
  • Total Distinct 25
Route 8
  • Land 10
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 8
  • Total Distinct 21
Route 9
  • Land (West) 11
  • Land (East) 11
  • Total Distinct 14
Route 10
  • Land 11
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 7
  • Total Distinct 22
Route 11
  • Land 9
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 7
  • Total Distinct 20
Route 12
  • Land 12
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 7
  • Total Distinct 22
Route 13
  • Land 11
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 7
  • Total Distinct 23
Route 14
  • Land 11
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 7
  • Total Distinct 23
Route 15
  • Land (North) 10
  • Land (South) 5
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 8
  • Total Distinct 27
Germanium Village
  • Land (Morn.) 5
  • Land (Day) 5
  • Land (Night) 5
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 8
  • Total Distinct 28
Argon City
  • Land 11
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 8
  • Total Distinct 24
Silver Town
  • Land 11
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 8
  • Total Distinct 24
Gold City
  • Land 11
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 8
  • Total Distinct 24
Iron Town
  • Land 12
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 9
  • Total Distinct 23
Boron Village
  • Land 12
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 9
  • Total Distinct 26
Lithium Town
  • Land 11
  • Surf 4
  • Fishing 7
  • Total Distinct 19
Carbon Slums
  • Land 11
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 8
  • Total Distinct 24
Helium City
  • Land 11
  • Total Distinct 11
Igandea River
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 8
  • Total Distinct 13
Arevelyan Ocean
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 9
  • Total Distinct 14
Precious Metal Bridge
  • Land 5
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 8
  • Total Distinct 18
Barium Cemetery
  • Land 9
  • Surf 3
  • Fishing 7
  • Total Distinct 17
Ruins of Simkath
  • Land 3
  • Total Distinct 3
Mt. Silicon
  • Land 10
  • Surf 4
  • Fishing 9
  • Total Distinct 19
Mt. Silicon Forest
  • Land 9
  • Surf 3
  • Fishing 7
  • Total Distinct 17
Mt. Silicon Summit
  • Land 12
  • Total Distinct 12
Diglett's Cave
  • Land (L1) 3
  • Land (L2) 8
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 5
  • Total Distinct 13
Drilbur's Tunnel
  • Land 9
  • Total Distinct 9
Safari Zone
  • Land (West) 8
  • Land (North) 9
  • Land (South) 8
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 8
  • Total Distinct 28
Victory Road
  • Land 10
  • Total Distinct 10
Victory Cave
  • Land 11
  • Surf 5
  • Fishing 8
  • Total Distinct 22
Mystery Gift Codes:
Softshade-LIZARD
Others:
SNAPE
DAGGER
Some can be found on discord
Credits:
Overworld Music: Jeff Clements
Special Battle and End Credit Music
Pokeli
Elite Battle System
by Luka S.J.
dragonnite<s>BadSamaritan
Tebited15<s>redblueyellow
Eli<s>Pokecheck.org
Additional EBS Style Moves
WolfPP
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno
With contributions from:
Boushy<s>MiDas Mike
Brother1440<s>Near Fantastica
FL.<s>PinkMan
Genzai Kawakami<s>Popper
Harshboy<s>Rataime
help-14<s>SoundSpawn
IceGod64<s>the__end
Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>Venom12
KitsuneKouta<s>Wachunga
Lisa Anthony<s>xLeD
Photeon inspired by Pokemon Cosmic Quest`s Radeon
Tes Overworld sprite
JackSunslight
Sinope and Khof Overworld Sprites:
Ratty524
Samekh overworld sprite
Koolkat vs. Lucas
Unable to find original source for Shin overworld sprite- can anyone help me?
Turbo Script
Wootius
Custom Trainer Script
Stochastic
"RPG Maker XP" by:
Enterbrain
Pokémon is owned by:
The Pokémon Company
Nintendo
Affiliated with Game Freak
Updates and Changelog:
To update, dowload the newest version, then copy the file Data/Game.rxdata into this newly extracted project. Your save file should be imported into the newest version.

4/29/19 - v1.0.3
Added some Mystery gift codes
Added missing water encounters for Routes 10, 13

4/27/19 - v1.0.2
Added and altered Turbo script by Wootius (press alt up to two times to increase gameplay speed 1.75X or 2.5X)
Made legendite accessible earlier in game
Altered some trainer text

4/23/19 - v1.0.1
Forgot to upload necessary .dll file

4/22/19 - v1.0.0
First posted

Last edited:

Softshade

Pokemon Sunday Version
the game doesn't work because there's file missing called RGSS104E.ddl missing in the game download
Hi pizzataco, thanks for pointing this out. I didn't really understand what that file was for, and when I removed those files locally, the game still runs fine, but it must be cached or finding it from the other directories where I didn't delete it. I am recompressing and reuploading the archive now. The dll files can be found here in the mean time: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IXpJR0CdII28_aZObliAp9X1vV0_mfOz

Edit: The main link should contain the dll files now

Last edited:

WolfShadowWhisper

Just a wolf that loves the shadows on a hot day :)
I am officially in love! I love the game theme song as well as the song in the Pokemon Centre so much! I like your game and decided to do a let's play of it on my channel. Here is the link:

Softshade

Pokemon Sunday Version
I am officially in love! I love the game theme song as well as the song in the Pokemon Centre so much! I like your game and decided to do a let's play of it on my channel. Here is the link:
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your support! I've never put anything like this in the public eye before and The sound track by my friend Jeff Clements really adds a lot to the game! I noticed you kept using Tackle instead of Shine! I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but shine should do a lot more damage than tackle in most cases!

Last edited:

Softshade

Pokemon Sunday Version
Tell Jeff he has a fan! The music is fantastic And so far I really enjoy your game.
I'm glad you're enjoying it. The part of the game I'm least happy with is the early middle game from the 1st gym to just before the 3rd gym. It feels a little slow and less well developed in terms of plot and mapping to me. So if you're enjoying that, stick around. In my opinion it gets much better!

Softshade

Pokemon Sunday Version
I like how you animated every fanmade pokémon sprite :D
I'm going to play your game
Thanks! It took quite a while, as I am not someone who has any graphic design experience at all. Perhaps statics would have been better as I would have had energy to make more than 10. Though if people like the game and Fakemon, I might make more at some point. An idea I've had for a while is a Light-type Rotom form.

Marina

Elite Trainer
Hello, sorry I didn't answer. I actually play your game only just now, I had no time. But I'm playing now and even though my english isn't perfect, I could see some grammar errors in your game: When you choose a starter, the professor says: "How would you like to raise Cauldream, the Fairy- type Pokemon? (Yes, No). Here he should say "Would you like to raise Cauldream, the fairy type Pokémon?"

And some feedback I want to give to you: Describe the furniture. Like in all Pokemon games, when you press A while looking into a bookshelf, a text appears describing whats inside the bookshelf. It just makes the game not being so empty.
- when talking to the pokedex in the lab, the pokedex lights go on o_o how did you do that :o

there where the "bridge with the bricket wall" is, shouldn't be the water waves. This effect should be just :
the red X is where the "waves effect" shouldn't be. The red arrows are pointing to where the "waves effect" should start and end. Hopes this'll help.

The NPC boy running in the house. It's difficult to talk to him.. you could make him run normally. But nevermind.
+ Could you tell us the Gym leaders types (not the names, if you haven't made a name for them yet) because I can't decide which starter to pick..

Last edited:

Softshade

Pokemon Sunday Version
Hello, sorry I didn't answer. I actually play your game only just now, I had no time. But I'm playing now and even though my english isn't perfect, I could see some grammar errors in your game: When you choose a starter, the professor says: "How would you like to raise Cauldream, the Fairy- type Pokemon? (Yes, No). Here he should say "Would you like to raise Cauldream, the fairy type Pokémon?"

And some feedback I want to give to you: Describe the furniture. Like in all Pokemon games, when you press A while looking into a bookshelf, a text appears describing whats inside the bookshelf. It just makes the game not being so empty.
- when talking to the pokedex in the lab, the pokedex lights go on o_o how did you do that :o

The NPC boy running in the house. It's difficult to talk to him.. you could make him run normally. But nevermind.
+ Could you tell us the Gym leaders types (not the names, if you haven't made a name for them yet) because I can't decide which starter to pick..
Hi Marina, no worries on not starting! I completely understand being busy!
For your first point, both are grammatically correct. "How would you like to..." Presents the same idea in the hypothetical, vs a direct offer. It's a more passive mode of conversation, and may be used more frequently in certain regional dialects, but is grammatically correct.
I have been meaning to go through and add more inter-activeness to objects in buildings. This will definitely help with world building.

There is one powerful trainer representing every type. Not all are gym leaders, but they are balanced that way. To get you started, the first two gyms are Ground and Dark type. If you want mroe information, feel free to join the discord and I can post them in the Spoilers thread.

Last edited:

Marina

Elite Trainer
Hi Marina, no worries on not starting! I completely understand being busy!
For your first point, both are grammatically correct. "How would you like to..." Presents the same idea in the hypothetical, vs a direct offer. It's a more passive mode of conversation, and may be used more frequently in certain regional dialects, but is grammatically correct.
I have been meaning to go through and add more inter-activeness to objects in buildings. This will definitely help with world building.

There is one powerful trainer representing every type. Not all are gym leaders, but they are balanced that way. To get you started, the first two gyms are Ground and Dark type. If you want mroe information, feel free to join the discord and I can post them in the Spoilers thread.
Oh, I didn't know american talk like that :D I like american english, thanks I would like to join your discord. I'm looking for it. I chose Photowyrm because its from type light. I'm looking forward for more updates