Solved Differing UI screens for player characters

I know it’s possible to have different screens, like the bag, for the players, but I was wondering if it’s possible to have this for other screens such as the town map and Pokédex.

I know that the different screens would have to be made and I know how to do that. I am wondering how one would go about implementing them into the game.

I know the bag is easy as I would just save over the current files, but I am not sure if I would do the same for other screens.

leilou

A wild Minun appeared!
If you just want to replace sprites it's easy.
For the Pokedex exchange the Sprites in Graphics -> Pictures -> Pokedex
For the map exchange the Sprites in Graphics -> Pictures that start with map

if you want to change positions though and you can't do it with just adding transparent space above a sprite then you might want to look into the scripts. There should be a script for Map and Pokedex in the screne scripts.

If you just want to replace sprites it's easy.
For the Pokedex exchange the Sprites in Graphics -> Pictures -> Pokedex
For the map exchange the Sprites in Graphics -> Pictures that start with map

if you want to change positions though and you can't do it with just adding transparent space above a sprite then you might want to look into the scripts. There should be a script for Map and Pokedex in the screne scripts.
yes, but i want different pokedex screens, along with others like the map etc, for the male and female players and am not sure how easy that is

leilou

A wild Minun appeared!
So if I'm understanding it correctly you want the Pokédex of the female character have a different looking Pokédex than the male character.
If that's the case do the following:

1. You select a graphic you want to replace.
2. You create the graphics you want to use(or placeholders) and put them into the same folder as the original
3. You go to the script you wanna change (i.e. PScreen_PokedexMenu)
4. You crtl + f and search for the name of the graphic. Whenever there is line mentioning that graphic as a string(there are Quotationmarks before and behind the path) you copy that path. Remember every path is represented by a string which has Quotationmarks before and behind it!
5. One line above the one you just copied the path from you insert the following code:
Code:
path = what you copied before comes here
if $Trainer.gender == 0 #male
    path = put your male pic path here
elsif $Trainer.gender == 1 #female
    path = put you female pic path in here
end
you could also do stuff like $Trainer.trainertype which will give the number from the pbs file or other stuff that is listed here: Essentials Docs Player Character entry
6. You replace the path in the original line including the Quotationmarks with
Code:
path
7. Repeat step 4-6 until you replaced all the paths in that script.

The Pokédex has 3 scripts so you might want to look in all 3 of them (they are right below each other).

I'm not sure how it works with ruby if you could just go like:
Code:
$Trainer.gender == 0 ? "path1" : "path2"
which would make this entire thing so much shorter and more

Btw:
I haven't tested this out ... if I mistyped or the essentials docs aren't up to date there will probably be errors.

So if I'm understanding it correctly you want the Pokédex of the female character have a different looking Pokédex than the male character.
If that's the case do the following:

1. You select a graphic you want to replace.
2. You create the graphics you want to use(or placeholders) and put them into the same folder as the original
3. You go to the script you wanna change (i.e. PScreen_PokedexMenu)
4. You crtl + f and search for the name of the graphic. Whenever there is line mentioning that graphic as a string(there are Quotationmarks before and behind the path) you copy that path. Remember every path is represented by a string which has Quotationmarks before and behind it!
5. One line above the one you just copied the path from you insert the following code:
Code:
path = what you copied before comes here
if $Trainer.gender == 0 #male
    path = put your male pic path here
elsif $Trainer.gender == 1 #female
    path = put you female pic path in here
end
you could also do stuff like $Trainer.trainertype which will give the number from the pbs file or other stuff that is listed here: Essentials Docs Player Character entry
6. You replace the path in the original line including the Quotationmarks with
Code:
path
7. Repeat step 4-6 until you replaced all the paths in that script.

The Pokédex has 3 scripts so you might want to look in all 3 of them (they are right below each other).

I'm not sure how it works with ruby if you could just go like:
Code:
$Trainer.gender == 0 ? "path1" : "path2"
which would make this entire thing so much shorter and more

Btw:
I haven't tested this out ... if I mistyped or the essentials docs aren't up to date there will probably be errors.
Thanks for your help!