Demo Pokemon Fission and Fusion Versions

juliorain

Novice

Follow me on Twitter, Reddit, Amino, Discord, and DeviantArt!

BETA RELEASE 0.1 --Over 2k downloads!

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/t594zx395033d/Fission_and_Fusion_Versions

BETA RELEASE 1.0 Planned for release for early 2019!

Changes to expect in Beta 1.0:
[x]Trainers now appear in Seabreeze city after the fight with Tireo, Koffong is an extremely rare (1%) find in the Meadow Town Underground. (Koffing is now part radioactive type). You can also find Zubat and Rattata, along with your standard Fortidog encounter.
[x]New, custom title song made by myself and from old, public use military recordings
[x]Removed the Klein Studios BW Evo Scene script; it gummed up and caused a crash. Evolution works as normal.
[x] All changes made here: https://pokemon-fission-and-fusion.fandom.com/wiki/Change_Log_To_Current_Pokemon
[x]Added in all relevant Gen 7 moves and abilities. Mostly updated the game to gen 7 mechanics! Let me know if I missed anything. Z-Moves and Z-rings are reserved for a future beta.
[x] Overhauled and rewritten the pokemon database
[x] There are now over 100 possible tms... I went overboard. They replace MTs as they don't exist in Westorn.
[x]TMs are made reusable.
[x] Overhauled and rewritten the pokedex, and simplified it to one, singular dex (it was split into three like in XY, but now it isn't a thing)
[x] Removed the Elite Battle System by Luka S.J. et. al.
[x] Graphically overhauled the interfaces to look like a Pipboy.
[x] Radioactive sickness is a condition that is fully programmed. When having it, your pokemon's sp.att is halved and makes similar chip damage like burn at the end of the turn.
[x] Rotom Geiger Counter is programmed, but not yet implemented.
[x] Radioactive tiles and RadPills are programmed AND IMPLEMENTED!!!!!!
[x] Updated the Load Screen Graphics
[x] Added Routes 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 26, 27, Belmont Town, The poisoned Grotto, the Tri-City, Barren Desert, Southpoint City, Mt. Helene and its caves, outiside of Yucca Mountain, Oasis, Oppenheimer's Home, Lost Ruins, Mt. Spear Pass, Bushfire Town, and the Uranium Mine.
[x] Max badge count as of the end of the beta: 4, up from 2
[x]Nuclear Disaster Cleaning facility and Spot One disaster zone will be added in a future Beta. Mt Helene Caves, Yucca Mountain Facility, Uranium Cleaning Facility, Lost Ruins, and the Uranium Mine will all be fully developed in a future beta.
[x]Seasparkle Town is no longer accessible pre-badge one. However, I have made a sea route connecting it to Seabreeze City. No need to worry as the routes can naturally lead you back. The area is completely optional.
[x]Rescaled the difficulty of the initial fight vs Tireo. You'll have the opportunity to catch Anispoto a Dragonfly pokemon that has Powder Snow and Twister, and Fortidog a normal+steel prairie dog.
[x]After the fight after Tireo, the thugs in Seabreeze will have a bone to pick with you. You can heal your pokemon in Meadow Town. Click the pokeball near Prof. Chestnut.
[x] Fixed the starter pokemon quiz to make it super easy. (You need to get 9 or more questions wrong to receive a Bidoof).
[x] Rescaled the rival battles in the beginning
[x] Fixed a zillion typos and map glitches
[x] Day/Evening/Night Mechanic works properly on every outdoor map.
[x]Made adjustments to my tileset and virtually every early game map! Less white static overall! More contrast with the overworld, and the dead grass that gives my game a dul yellow green is a little darker, and therefore easier on the eyes. Gonna be so pretty~
[x]Deedee and its line, Fletchling and its line are no longer version-exlusive
[x]Vivillon line was removed from the game, and thus the Butterfree line is no longer version-exclusive
[x]Adjusted and defined all available fakemon for captures' movesets, abilities, and stats. They'll still have weird weights/heights, ev yields, base xp yields, and pokedex descriptions. Rest assured they will be defined in a future beta.
[x]Follower pokemon are still programmed, but removing the event trigger for now until I can get overworld sprites for fakemon.

Set in a post-apocalyptic pokemon universe, Westorn suffered the greatest. It was Westorn that developed the technology. It was Westorn who first harnessed nuclear power: for both our daily life and our violent propensities. One day, it went too far when Mt. Helene erupted and destroyed the Spot One Nuclear power facility, ruining Belmont town. Afterwards, political tension rose very high with Westorn's southern neighbor, Oregonia. When Team Proton's leader, Oppenheimer, took the country in its weakened state when he defeated the benevolent previous champion, Rutherford, Westorn did not quite fall in to a chaos, but the people want someone else. The war with Oregonia might be over but something might be brewing...

Westorn is based on the American state of Washington. The other "Washington" (Fallout reference ;) )

New Type and Ice Type Defensive Buff

Ever since these disasters, strange new irradiated pokemon never seen before emerged all over Westorn. Even old pokemon set Geiger counters off! having them being retyped into something completely new! Old moves like Explosion, Smokescreen, and Self-Destruct also set off nearby Geiger counters, which means they too are now Radioactive type!

Westorn is a cold region and therefor ice type have been blessed to receive new resistances due to living in such a favorable environment.

Updated Type Chat:

NEW BEGINNINGS?

Basically to begin with you are a newbie trainer who just doesn't fit in with the run of the mill aspirational child. S/he always recieved bad grades for her creative thinking and thus had to spent a few extra years in trainer school. S/he certainly doesn't take answers and rules blindly and certainly when it comes to Pokemon. Rejecting the standard Bidoof that the Pokemon League hands out to trainers deemed "average" or "below average," a mysterious man named Tireo visiting Meadow Town gives him/her one of three starters for "advanced" trainers and tells him/her about something sinister happening within the Pokemon League....

Features

• A pokedex of 406 pokemon (~250 capturable pokemon in Beta 1.0, ~150 in Beta 0.1)
  • 10,000 collectible variants of each shiny pokemon, collectively making over 4 million sprites
  • 32 pokemon that are mega-compatible, including new, mega eeveelutions.
  • approximately 100 fakemon, including a new eeveelution, Fermeon
  • A new Rotom Form who is part-Radioactive
  • A new type, the Radioactive type, click here for the updated type chart. Ice type receives several defensive boosts as well.
  • Radiation Sickness status condition
  • Adjustments to standard pokemon detailed here.
  • A new region to explore
  • 8 Underground Bosses to defeat including the Westorn Council (Elite 4), and its champion, Oppenheimer
  • Brand-new abilities, and moves

Changelog To Existing Pokemon as of version Beta 1.0. Beta 0.1 will be different.:
Type, Ability, BST, and Move Changes

• Magcargo's BST was increased by 100pts, and receives a new trapping ability aimed at killing radioactive types! Still trashed by Ground and Water types, however! The new ability is called Porous Rock.
  • Emboar, Samurott, Magmortar, and Electivire have their base speeds upped by 20 points each
  • Added about 50 BST to Dunsparce's normal stats, gave it Dragon Dance, Outrage, and Draco Meteor as level 1 moves, only accessible via Move Relearner
  • Added Gluttony and Simple and removed Blaze to Emboar's default abilities; Reckless remains as HA
  • Added Sniper and Defiant and removed Torrent to Samurott's default abilities; Shell Armor remains as HA
  • Added Shed Skin and Competitive and removed Overgrow to Serperior's abilities; Contrary remains as HA
  • Seaking is now Part Poison type
  • Liligant and Petilil are now part Fairy type, have moves like Draining Kiss, Dazzling Gleam, and has 10 points added to its base Def and Sp. Def
  • Sandygast and Palossand now have an other possible ability: Drain Boost, and hidden Sand Veil, they also have a new BP 75, Radioactive type Signature move called Poisonous Drain. It will restore the user 1/2 hp of damage dealt.
  • Mega Tyranitar now receives Sand Rush
  • Beartic has about 50 BST added to its stats and still has the Slush Rush ability
  • Koffing is now (PSN/Radio)
  • Weezing is now (PSN/Radio)
  • Magmortar is now (Fire/Radio)
  • Torkoal is now (Fire/Radio)
  • Electivire is now (Electr/Radio)
  • Sandygast is now (Radio/Ground)
  • Palossand is now (Radio/Ground)
  • Electrode is now (Electr/Radio)
  • Voltorb is now (Electr/Radio)
  • Porygon Z is now (Normal/Radio)
  • Roggenrola is now (Rock/Radio)
  • Boldore is now (Rock/Radio)
  • Gigalith is now (Rock/Radio)
  • Vaporeon has Drizzle as a possible ability, scrapping Hydration
  • Glaceon has Snow Warning as a possible ability
  • Leafeon has Drought as a possible ability, scrapping Leaf Guard
  • Eevee receives Growth exclusively via move re-learner
  • Flareon Receives Agility via move re-learner
  • Jolteon now recieves Zap Cannon and Heat Wave via move re-learner
  • Glaceon receives Freeze-Dry via move relearner, Flash Cannon by TM
  • Leafeon, Braviary, Hawlucha, Aegislash and Staraptor all receive a new move called Gliding Strike. It acts like Sacred Sword. Is Flying type with 90 base power.
  • Leafeon will also receive a new, exclusive move called Sunburnt Blade
    Grass type

90 BP 100 Acc 10-16 PP Physical

Effect: User takes recoil damage equal to 1/4 of the damage caused. If Harsh Sunlight is in effect, the move becomes Fire type.
  • Espeon now receives Power Gem and Nasty Plot Via Move re-learner
  • Absol and its mega recieve a 10 BST increase in both def and sp.def.

Updated Evolution Methods

• Magmar-> Magmortar: is now using a magmarizer
  • Electabuzz -> Electivire: is now using an electrizer
  • Eevee -> Sylveon: is now via Pixie Stone
  • Charjabug -> Vikavolt: level up at 32
  • Onix -> Steelix: is now using a Metal Coat on it
  • Slowpoke -> Slowking: is now level up using a King's Rock
  • Spritzee -> Aromatisse: is now using Satchet on it
  • Swirlix -> Slurpuff: is now using Whipped Dream on it
  • Haunter -> Gengar: is now level up knowing Shadow Ball
  • Karrablast -> Escavaleir is now level up @ 30 in the Rain
  • Shelmet -> Accelgor is now level up @ 30 in the Rain
  • Scyther -> Scizor is now using a Metal Coat
  • Boldore -> Gigalith is now level up at 36
  • Graveler -> Golem is now level up at 36
  • Porygon -> Porygon2 is now using Upgrade on it
  • Porygon2 -> Porygyon Z is now using Dubious Disc on it
  • Machoke -> Machamp is now level up at 36
  • Alolan Vulpix -> Alolan Ninetales is now via Pixie Stone

New Mega Evolutions

• Dunsparce -mevo-> (with a 200 BST increase) Recieves a Dragon/Flying Mevo with Delta Stream (because who doesn't love memes), and a few more moves to go along with its newfound typing
  • PZ is now normal/radioactive type - mevo-> radio type w/ Radiate (essentially the radioactive type pixilate)
  • Flareon (now has Drought) -mevo-> Sheer Force
  • Glaceon (now has the Snow Warning ability) -mevo-> Slush Rush
  • Vaporeon (now has the Drizzle ability) -mevo-> Swift Swim
  • Leafeon (now has Drought) -mevo-> Chlorophyll
  • Granbull -mevo-> Fairy/Ground (will work on making it... better)
  • Umbreon -mevo-> Early Bird
  • All eeveelutions ca now mega evolve!
  • Scrapping mega Spiritomb!
  • Gliscor -mevo-> Tough Claws

WESTORN'S STARTERS

The three starters to the Westorn region! According to a recent demand the Westorn Council only hand them out to the students who recieve an "Advanced" on their PLEETS (Pokemon League Exit Examination for the Tranier School). For those who receive "average" will receive a Bidoof and for those who receive a "below average" will stay another year.

Sounds draconian, right? Yeah. Ever since the new Champion Oppenheimer has taken hold of the Pokemon League, he had instituted policies that have become increasing bureaucratic and utterly dreadful. Before Oppenheimer, all trainers were allowed to choose from the three. This will certainly affect your game. However, even you do score average, even the best trainers can overcome wherever standardized testing place you. In fact others who recognize your potential might be willing to invest in your success by giving you one of the three starters anyway...

THE PROTAGONISTS

Screenshots

Engine/tools/software/kit you are using to develop your game.
RPG Maker XP - Pokemon Essentials v15
GIMP (Alas, I am too poor for photoshop)
Paint

Dev Team:
Juliorain - Mapping, coding, eventing, social media, UI design
Cubex - Spriting
Joopie - Music

Credits:
Credits:
Pokemon Company -- Pokemon is a registered trademark of the Pokemon Company International
Pokemon Essentials V15
RowdyHD, djangie
many more for help on coding radioactive tiles by mej71, maruno

Tilesets:
UltimoSpriter,
Kyle-Dove,
darkdarkrai,
shiney570

Sprites:
pocketmonster98
pokecomminuty gen 6 and 7 sprite database,
ORAS icons by pikachumazzinga
Wolf's TCG Type sprites
Essentials BW Pack V3 from Pokecommunity
Icon sprites used on this forum can be found with pokemonurpg.com's pokedex. (used with permission)
Underground Bosses Stella and Maia based off photos taken by https://www.deviantart.com/random-acts-stock [they have some NSFW stock photos. I haven't used used any NSFW content in mine]
Survivor Trainer sprites based off stock photos take by https://www.deviantart.com/anyman82

Interfaces and Scripts:
Mega Eeveelution Stats, abilities and movesets: Orithan
BW Load and Pause Screens by shiney570,
More self switches by game_guy,
Animated Title Screens, New Animated Bitmap Wrappers, G6 Titles by Luka SJ,
EBS by Luka S.J., pinkcatdragon, tebited15, ei, lilatraube, maruno, badsamaritan,
Pokemon Essentials SM Update 2.0 by Zeak6464, TapuFini, SpartaLazor, leparagon, M3rein, BlackOutG5, Rune, Rigbycwts, Rot8er_ConeX, James Davy, Luka S.J.
Shields Down, Soul Heart by Wolf
BW Gender Select, Gen 5 Evolution Scene by KleinStudios,
Pokemon Followers by zingzags, Rayd12smitty,, venom12, mej71

Music: Seeburg Music Library Vol. 1,
Seeburg Music Library: Happy Music Moments,
Ultra Lounge Vol.7 - The Crime Scene, Crime Jazz - Music in the First Degree,
Crime Jazz - Music in the Second Degree,
Crime Jazz Definitive Collection​

Last edited:

juliorain

Novice
Pokemon Fission and Fusion welcomes Cubex to the team for spriting!

We're working on a bit more than the first half of fakemon sprites! The Westorn Pokedex is coming alive! We'll try and get as many fakemon sprites out as possible, but even with a dedicated spriter that's quite a jump!

I have also started a Wiki page; it's pretty bare bones but will be slowly filled out over the coming weeks! Catch us at https://pokemon-fission-and-fusion.fandom.com/wiki/Pokemon_Fission_and_Fusion_Versions_Wiki

Maor80

Trainer
Are all of eevee s evoltions can mega evolve than why jolthoen espon or sylveon s megas are s data is not in the new mega?

PhantomTheEevee

Member of the Aether Foundation
Cool-looking project, I'm having a soft spot for graphics from Gen.5. I'm also having a question though, is it normal/intended that despite I'm answering every question of the Starter Exam correctly I'm still receiving a Bidoof? I'd really really would rather like to start with Furrco... *sob*

juliorain

Novice
Cool-looking project, I'm having a soft spot for graphics from Gen.5. I'm also having a question though, is it normal/intended that despite I'm answering every question of the Starter Exam correctly I'm still receiving a Bidoof? I'd really really would rather like to start with Furrco... *sob*
That was an error in the code; it'll be fixed. Some of them you had to get wrong and others were just weird. Not to mention you had to get 9/10 correct. You'll be able to recieve a Furrco after your fight vs Tireo in Meadow town once you leave the underground bunker!

In the next release I'll ensure that you'll need 2/10 correct to receive a starter and changed the questions. I'll post a transcript for the answers on the wiki as well for those who want a cheat sheet.

Last edited:

PhantomTheEevee

That was an error in the code; it'll be fixed. Some of them you had to get wrong and others were just weird. Not to mention you had to get 9/10 correct. You'll be able to recieve a Furrco after your fight vs Tireo in Meadow town once you leave the underground bunker!

In the next release I'll ensure that you'll need 2/10 correct to receive a starter and changed the questions. I'll post a transcript for the answers on the wiki as well for those who want a cheat sheet.
Psst, I actually cheated on the test already by having bulbapedia open simultaneously

Thank you for the hint! I reached Tireo but my, is that guy overpowered with his two dragons against my small Bidoof - It seems like I won't be able to defeat him without a lot of grinding, which if being honest discourages me to a good degree as massive grinding isn't really my playstyle. May I suggest defusing the battle against him a little by either giving him only one Pokemon at Lv.10 or scale his two Pokemon down to Lv. 7 or 8?

Whenever I loose against him and get teleported back to the Underground Center the following error message pops up before the Game closes itself:

Once reopening I'm at the last point I saved. I followed the advice of healing before battling anything to make the Game understand.

Ehm, and, well, how do I say it.... the battle screen looks reeeaaally messed up, I hope that'll be fixed in the upcoming Beta 1.0. ^^;

Positive things though that I really like are the creative mixing of graphics from all sorts of Generations, it's giving the Game a refreshing feeling. The music's also really cool!

Happy also that a spriter joined your Team, looking forward to discover the various promised Fakemon!

juliorain

Novice
Psst, I actually cheated on the test already by having bulbapedia open simultaneously

Thank you for the hint! I reached Tireo but my, is that guy overpowered with his two dragons against my small Bidoof - It seems like I won't be able to defeat him without a lot of grinding, which if being honest discourages me to a good degree as massive grinding isn't really my playstyle. May I suggest defusing the battle against him a little by either giving him only one Pokemon at Lv.10 or scale his two Pokemon down to Lv. 7 or 8?

Whenever I loose against him and get teleported back to the Underground Center the following error message pops up before the Game closes itself:

Once reopening I'm at the last point I saved. I followed the advice of healing before battling anything to make the Game understand.

Ehm, and, well, how do I say it.... the battle screen looks reeeaaally messed up, I hope that'll be fixed in the upcoming Beta 1.0. ^^;

Positive things though that I really like are the creative mixing of graphics from all sorts of Generations, it's giving the Game a refreshing feeling. The music's also really cool!

Happy also that a spriter joined your Team, looking forward to discover the various promised Fakemon!

Thank you for your feedback! Yeah I have no idea where the bug emerged. It doesn’t like layered healing places for some reason. I have “healing space” specified in the metadata but it never seems to warp the player correctly upon losing, especially since Meadow Town lacks a specific healing place that isn’t underground.

I’ve scaled Tireo to have lvl 5 Gible and Bidoof and give the player a dragonfly that can learn powder snow named Anispto. I think the Gilble knew Dragon rage in which case I’ve removed looool.

Battle screen has been completely overhauled. Pokemon chosen were from debug and not from a programmed encounter. Still considering whether or not putting a color filter on the sprites

Last edited:

PhantomTheEevee

I’ve scaled Tireo to have lvl 5 Gible and Bidoof and give the player a dragonfly that can learn powder snow named Anispto. I think the Gilble knew Dragon rage in which case I’ve removed looool.
Late reply is late. But yeah, that sounds like a good plan concerning defusing the fight against Tireo. I think I'll wait until then to resume the Game. With his team in the current Demo it was basically
"YES, it cost me two Potions on that Bidoof I'll trade for a Furrco anyway at the first opportunity but finally I defeated Goomy!" ( ÒωÓ)و☆
*Tireo sends out another dragon*
"Wtf, he's having another Pokemon at Lv.10!!" o.o;
*Gible effortlessly roasts my Bidoof with a single Dragon Rage*
".........lolz?"

Battle screen has been completely overhauled. Pokemon chosen were from debug and not from a programmed encounter. Still considering whether or not putting a color filter on the sprites
Looking much MUCH better! ^o^

juliorain

Novice
Just updating everyone that the tilesets have been edited. Two new grass types are in Westorn, each with their own default, night, day, and evening/morning encounters, quicksaving and radioactive tiles actually work.

Unfort due to performance and plot reasons only pokemon of a certain set of types will be able to follow you. So it's either 1700+ OW sprites or a smooth game. *shrug*

juliorain

Novice
Another updat: Beta 0.1 qualifies this for a demo tag.

We’re about to finish our 9th custom track and have over 40 fakemon battle sprites w/ backs.

Overhaulling virtually every outdoor map. It’s gonna be basically a different game. :^)

We are still on track for a spring release. So see ya then!

A sample track of ours: [video]
[/video]