Solved V17.1 - Can You Set Route on Partner Trainers?

KrysalKasi

Rookie
Hello, I'm not necessarily having any bug issues, but rather that I just don't know what to do here, and I have a couple of questions.

Is it possible to set route on your partner trainers during events?
How do I keep the partner trainer from disappearing when splitting up with them to go back to town?

I know how to set up partner trainers, their dialogue, Pokemon, etc, but I don't know how to make them move away from the player after splitting up rather than them disappearing (or how to stop them from disappearing), nor do I know how to set their route for an event that they're a part of.

The event for the partner trainer, and the event for removing them to go back to town is in the link.

Any help on this issue is very much appreciated.

kmb

dabbling in game design
My guess would be that you need something to call back EV011, instead of just allowing it to disappear. Maybe look at the script for the rival battle, where his sprite is created, for clarification?

KrysalKasi

Rookie
Okay, sorry for the lack of response. I decided not to get back to this thread until I tried this.

Anyways, the rival battle isn't actually a call. It uses "Set Event Location" by hiding the NPC where the player cannot possibly see him/her until the player steps on a player touch event that uses "Set Event Location" to move the NPC where you need them for the event. I tried making it so that it loops between two separate events that do the same exact thing, but it's no use, the events completely disappear from the map until you leave and return to it, meaning I would have to make an ungodly amount of copies for that event (which would be just terrible).

According to the Essentials wiki, Dependent events are very tricky to make work properly. I guess I should have took their word for it when it came to this.

Instead, I'm just going to alter the event to have the NPC warn the player that they can't leave the area until the quest there is completed. Honestly, it works better for this particular quest, in terms of making sense, and since partners heal your Pokemon, you would just need to be sure to be stocked up on pokeballs, and a few potions for in-battle use, if needed.

So, NPC giving a fair warning, and no leaving, seems to be the only thing I can do for now, unless I find another way around it in the future.

Thank you for contributing to this question, I do appreciate it.