Dismiss Notice
This section is for the discussion of the tutorials and resources on Relic Castle. To find tutorials and resources, check out the Tutorial and Resource Manager for optimal navigation.

Resource Easy Questing Interface

A questing interface which allows you to add, set, check, change and view quests!

1. Marin

Marin Thread Author ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) member

Were you trying to switch back up there or did it occur when you moved down initially?

2. Jephed

Jephed Trainer member

The error report shows up when I scroll up from the second quest to the first one.
    I gave it some thought myself and tested out some things.

This error only comes up when you have multiple quests in your questlist and only when you move back to quest number 1.
    Regular up and down scrolling between quests isn't a problem as long as quest number 1 remains untouched. ( I tested this with three quests and scrolling between Quest 2 and 3 wasn't an issue. The error shows itself when you move down from quest 1 to another quest and then immediately try to scroll back to quest 1.

EDIT: I also noticed that as soon as you return from one of the quest pages the cursor always returns to quest one, instead of the quest you chose. (Perhaps this might have something to do with it?)

3. Marin

Your edit was actually intended. And you've given me good insight on where the error is. I'll check when I have time somewhere late tomorrow.

Jephed likes this.
  4. Marin

Jephed likes this.
  5. MadDeodorant

MadDeodorant Insert internet reference here member

Yo, Dropbox link for the test map wasn't found. Is there any way to have access to it?

6. candyman

candyman Rookie member

Hi, I really liked your Quest Interface functionality.

I did extend it a little bit. Maybe you find it useful.

Script

I added a "progress" and "experience" attribute.

I used "progress" simply as a string, which can be modified via events e.g.

I also added the "pbGainQuestExperience" method to add experience to all party-members, which I executed via events. This method adds the experience level by level like when ending a battle and executes evolving, when a pokemon is able to.

Please forgive me for translating everything into german :D

However I just tested it in combination with Elite Battle System's Evolution Screen. I hope it's also working without it. I just started a few days ago working with RPG Maker XP and Ruby, I have to figure some things out yet. Maybe some parts of the script could be written much shorter :)

Edit: Oh, and yeah, I didn't finish it to show the EV changes on level ups... That's something on my todo-list...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  7. Marin

Sorry for the delay, but I've finally updated the map's download link. I updated it on a different platform, and forgot that I hadn't done so on Relic.