A questing interface which allows you to add, set, check, change and view quests!
Were you trying to switch back up there or did it occur when you moved down initially?
The error report shows up when I scroll up from the second quest to the first one.
I gave it some thought myself and tested out some things.
This error only comes up when you have multiple quests in your questlist and only when you move back to quest number 1.
Regular up and down scrolling between quests isn't a problem as long as quest number 1 remains untouched. ( I tested this with three quests and scrolling between Quest 2 and 3 wasn't an issue. The error shows itself when you move down from quest 1 to another quest and then immediately try to scroll back to quest 1.
EDIT: I also noticed that as soon as you return from one of the quest pages the cursor always returns to quest one, instead of the quest you chose. (Perhaps this might have something to do with it?)
Your edit was actually intended. And you've given me good insight on where the error is. I'll check when I have time somewhere late tomorrow.
M3rein updated Easy Questing Interface with a new update entry:
Read the rest of this update entry...
Yo, Dropbox link for the test map wasn't found. Is there any way to have access to it?
Hi, I really liked your Quest Interface functionality.
I did extend it a little bit. Maybe you find it useful.
I added a "progress" and "experience" attribute.
I used "progress" simply as a string, which can be modified via events e.g.
I also added the "pbGainQuestExperience" method to add experience to all party-members, which I executed via events. This method adds the experience level by level like when ending a battle and executes evolving, when a pokemon is able to.
Please forgive me for translating everything into german :D
However I just tested it in combination with Elite Battle System's Evolution Screen. I hope it's also working without it. I just started a few days ago working with RPG Maker XP and Ruby, I have to figure some things out yet. Maybe some parts of the script could be written much shorter :)
Edit: Oh, and yeah, I didn't finish it to show the EV changes on level ups... That's something on my todo-list...
Sorry for the delay, but I've finally updated the map's download link. I updated it on a different platform, and forgot that I hadn't done so on Relic.
Is this working on 17.2?
in the UPI it says it's not, so for the time being, unless it gets updated It's safe to asume it isn't
I managed to get it working with Version 17. I haven't done extensive testing but, it seems to work. There were only a few changes I had to make to get it compatible.
This segment here had to have a few small changes. In Version 17, they removed the "@" from things in the Pokegear. So, you should do the same here for this. "@cmdQuestlog=-1" becomes just "cmdQuestlog=-1". The if statement also was slightly changed as of Version 17, it now would look like this:
elsif cmdQuestlog>=0 && cmd==cmdQuestlog
There is one other important change you need to make. Because Pokegear graphics were moved to their own, unique folder in Version 17, the UI has no background as a result on the first screen. You'll want to look for the following line:
Replace it with this, at least for the time being:
That should be everything to get it working? Again, I didn't do extensive testing beyond this point. I plan to fiddle a bit more later on, but I would assume it all still works.
Edit: Not sure if this is a quirk of the system, or perhaps an issue when porting to V17, but..
It looks like the words on the far right are clipping the border.
elsif cmdQuestlog>=0 && cmd==cmdQuestlog
hey marin, had used the quest system when i was working on my game but after converting it over to my new pc (im still on 16.2 rn) there seems to be an error, that the quests script messed with sprite resizer? i dunno, just if i delete the quests script that error goes away (despite the tons of ones freaking out that the quest script is gone but thats understandable) any ideas? thanks for any help with this
Edit: i tried redownloading the data folder i had and replacing it but it still happens (yet when i freshly downloaded it after fixing the pbs' the game ran)
Restart your save file. I think it has to do with the screensize you're playing the game on (which doesn't have anything to do with this resource, fyi)
oh okay, thank you, was having a semi panic attack about it! also that was a quick reply xP let me check if that fixes it...
right yea that's all fixed, thank you for making me realise what was wrong, ^^
I'm trying to implement this into the PScreen_PauseMenu
but I'm having a tough time to get it working....
I get this error am using v16.2:
and on line 217 you read:
the whole Pause Menu script:
Separate names with a comma.