Completed Pokémon Infernal Red / Natural Green

Algalirept

Novice
Good spot! Must have accidentally overwritten something during my final playtesting. I've found the issue and edited the map data, so I'll reupload the games later.

Here's the map data if you want a quick fix, though. Just drag and drop the contents into the 'Data' folder. https://mega.nz/#!ufxRjQiR!zRHIA0m5481gLfMJB1qUTDoWwqv6S1KP7WD7-fFDA6A

It's a .rar archive, and I use Winrar to extract the files. Could you guide me through what you were doing when extracting the files?

As for the Mew sidequest, it isn't obtainable at the moment because I've got a lot going on right now and don't know if I'd be able to work on the Sigma Episode. In the worst case scenario, I'll implement Mew a different way (maybe under a truck, who knows).
There's really nothing to guide I'm afraid, all the apps on my computer are pretty user friendly, seeing as they come from the Windows store. Rar Opener and 7Zip respectfully. The only steps required is selecting the file that needs extracting, choosing a destination (I always pick my desktop, easier to find it that way) and letting it do it's thing. I've never had a problem with them before, I've managed to get Insurgance and Alchemist using these apps so it surprised me when the app stopped half way and gave me an error message. As for Win rar, doesn't that require money? If it's free I'm totally up for downloading it but I'm pretty sure it costs money (which no one I live with is gonna wanna pay for, bummer). Happier note, good idea for the Mew event/catch thing, goodness knows I've fallen victim to the gen1 truck of doom, so it's a nice call back.

There's really nothing to guide I'm afraid, all the apps on my computer are pretty user friendly, seeing as they come from the Windows store. Rar Opener and 7Zip respectfully. The only steps required is selecting the file that needs extracting, choosing a destination (I always pick my desktop, easier to find it that way) and letting it do it's thing. I've never had a problem with them before, I've managed to get Insurgance and Alchemist using these apps so it surprised me when the app stopped half way and gave me an error message. As for Win rar, doesn't that require money? If it's free I'm totally up for downloading it but I'm pretty sure it costs money (which no one I live with is gonna wanna pay for, bummer). Happier note, good idea for the Mew event/catch thing, goodness knows I've fallen victim to the gen1 truck of doom, so it's a nice call back.
Just to double-check, you've selected the whole archive (infernal red / natural green .rar) by right-clicking it, and extracted all the contents into the same location?

Also wanted to ask if you're having trouble with extracting the archive, or with playing the game itself? It might be your antivirus throwing a false positive that's causing the issue.

Dragonite

The cake is a lie, so give it to me
I have mixed feelings about the emulated dual screen, but that's maybe a comment about design as a whole, not your game specifically. Either way, I've been wanting to play something involving Kanto again recently, and will hopefully give this one a solid few hours . . . soon-ish?

There's really nothing to guide I'm afraid, all the apps on my computer are pretty user friendly, seeing as they come from the Windows store. Rar Opener and 7Zip respectfully.
I was able to extract (7zip) and execute it just fine, before you do anything else, try just downloading a clean copy.

Algalirept

Novice
Just to double-check, you've selected the whole archive (infernal red / natural green .rar) by right-clicking it, and extracted all the contents into the same location?

Also wanted to ask if you're having trouble with extracting the archive, or with playing the game itself? It might be your antivirus throwing a false positive that's causing the issue.
Extracting it was the problem buuut, update, I managed to unpack it using another file opening app and the game is finally playable, I really have no idea what was going on with my Rar and 7zip apps, I think windows updated them and from the new review I've seen a lot of people were having the exact same issue so I don't know. But hey, thanks for trying to help, and now I shall go forth and enjoy your game!

Hollow_Ego

Trainer
So I've beaten the E4 and became champ and did a few things of the post game stuff.
There are only two more things that I noticed, both related to the Seafoam Island.
First on B2F you can walk through a wall by the ladder and second on B3F a graphical glitch when you surf in the area after the ladder that leads to articuno.

I'm looking forward to the next update with more postgame stuff :)

The Mega link is not working could you please upload a Google Drive link?
The Mega link is working for everyone else. Are there any messages that pop up when you try to download it? I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Found another door issue, the bike shop, got stuck trying to exit.
I fixed this a couple days ago. If you downloaded the game in the first day or two of release, try downloading it again (and if you're using the MKXP build remember to move your Game.rxdata file to the new game folder)

Algalirept

Novice
The Mega link is working for everyone else. Are there any messages that pop up when you try to download it? I'm not sure what the problem could be.

I fixed this a couple days ago. If you downloaded the game in the first day or two of release, try downloading it again (and if you're using the MKXP build remember to move your Game.rxdata file to the new game folder)
Oh, whoops, wow, didn't even think to check earlier post's in the thread, lol. Heh, welp, I've added all the extra fix's now so it's all good!

darkrisin

Rookie
hi, just downloaded the game but i got a crash with the bug catcher to the right of the viridian forest just when i walk to fight him the game crash

Algalirept

Novice
Just finished the main story, so good! But, I did notice an issue when fighting Lance. Fairy moves are not super effective, their just neutral. At first I just let it go thinking it was a mistake, I killed kingdra with Moonblast when it was on red, however the problem became apparent against both Dragonairs and his Dragonite. Other than that it was a nice, smooth finish. Also, Blue was rock'n that cape, nice touch.

hi, just downloaded the game but i got a crash with the bug catcher to the right of the viridian forest just when i walk to fight him the game crash
Are there any error messages that pop up, or any files that are missing from the game folder?

Just finished the main story, so good! But, I did notice an issue when fighting Lance. Fairy moves are not super effective, their just neutral. At first I just let it go thinking it was a mistake, I killed kingdra with Moonblast when it was on red, however the problem became apparent against both Dragonairs and his Dragonite. Other than that it was a nice, smooth finish. Also, Blue was rock'n that cape, nice touch.
Sorry about that, fixed it now and will update the game later because it's a pretty big issue (and you're probably going to want Fairy-types for the E4 rematches). Congrats for finishing the game anyway, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

EDIT: Game has been updated now

Hello I downloaded the game And when I run the game, the following error message appears: RGSS-RTP Standard not found. What should I do?
If I'm remembering correctly, I think you need to install the RPG Maker XP RTP first: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages

Last edited: