Demo Pokemon Edge of Reality (v2.08)

younglink198

Rookie
I don't know if this character is important to the progression of the game since I'm currently stuck. But there is this hiker on the bottom floor of rumble cave on the far left side pass the blond girl. Whenever I go up to him and try to talk with him the game crashes.

Very fun game though regardless :)

Wiispeed03

Trainer
I don't know if this character is important to the progression of the game since I'm currently stuck. But there is this hiker on the bottom floor of rumble cave on the far left side pass the blond girl. Whenever I go up to him and try to talk with him the game crashes.

Very fun game though regardless :)
Oh shoot, that's another mistake on my part... Yeah he's pretty important for progression, as he gives you a big nugget if you didn't have one already.
I must've made a mistake when making an update, so I'll get that fixed as soon as possible!

Wiispeed03

Trainer
Alright, so v2.03 is available, which mainly just fixes that crash in Rumble cave, but also adds a couple of adjustments!
Download the latest version Here!

This game is so good, and I’m genuinely looking forward to future updates!

The story is not overly convoluted for a game that deals with an alternate dimension. It rather deals with it like a traditional Pokemon game would - instead of getting carried away the story remains contained but still shrouded in intrigue. And giving mainline characters different personalities and such involved roles always keeps things interesting.

The addition of Gen 7 pokemon is such a big bonus to me, the in-game sprites look fantastic! Fakemon are always hit and miss, and I’m glad this game doesn’t make use of them.

The region and it’s towns are done really well too! It’s a bit of a mission to travel between towns without repels though.

The puzzles aren’t long but can get tedious - no complaints though, it’s done in a manner that adds to one’s sense of accomplishment.

Personally I liked the music choices in this game, it’s not exactly traditional Pokemon music but it’s not tasteless either and contributes immensely to the atmosphere. Sometimes the tracks don’t loop or trigger on certain cues but it’s to be expected for a demo.

I could say more but I’d rather someone experience the game for themselves.

Overall, the immersion is great. I hope this game gets more recognition in the future if the quality stays the same or improves.

Wiispeed03

Trainer
This game is so good, and I’m genuinely looking forward to future updates!

The story is not overly convoluted for a game that deals with an alternate dimension. It rather deals with it like a traditional Pokemon game would - instead of getting carried away the story remains contained but still shrouded in intrigue. And giving mainline characters different personalities and such involved roles always keeps things interesting.

The addition of Gen 7 pokemon is such a big bonus to me, the in-game sprites look fantastic! Fakemon are always hit and miss, and I’m glad this game doesn’t make use of them.

The region and it’s towns are done really well too! It’s a bit of a mission to travel between towns without repels though.

The puzzles aren’t long but can get tedious - no complaints though, it’s done in a manner that adds to one’s sense of accomplishment.

Personally I liked the music choices in this game, it’s not exactly traditional Pokemon music but it’s not tasteless either and contributes immensely to the atmosphere. Sometimes the tracks don’t loop or trigger on certain cues but it’s to be expected for a demo.

I could say more but I’d rather someone experience the game for themselves.

Overall, the immersion is great. I hope this game gets more recognition in the future if the quality stays the same or improves.
Wow, thank you so much! I've been watching your series of the play through on YouTube and I've really enjoyed it. I'm glad you liked the game and thank you for all the feedback! I'm working on the next update right now and I think it's gonna be great! (Might be awhile though haha)

Thanks again for playing!

Jewelwriter

Rainbow Mage
Ok, so another patch, v2.08, has been released. Some more routine bug fixes, so download here!
Might need to edit the post where it all begun and replace the old link with the new in case people don't want to search for your newest version.

Dragonite

Have they found the One Piece yet
Might need to edit the post where it all begun and replace the old link with the new in case people don't want to search for your newest version.
They both point to the same Drive folder, so people can grab whatever version they want.

Jewelwriter

Rainbow Mage
Ok. Just being a bit of a worry-wort. Sorry on that.

xiaomaome

Novice
something ive noticed is that the some routes are overly long and puzzle like. rumble cave was honestly exhaustively long and to be hit with a maze like lenespi forest right afterwards was.........................................really something. for a hardcore fan? nowehere near enough to make u quit. for a casual? I nearly cried. for future reference, i would suggest toning down the difficulty just a bit.

Last edited:

xiaomaome

Novice
just wondering: are starters the only ones with a revamped moveset? There quite a few pkm that i love but just don't have access to a diverse movepool that i would love to use if possible, serperior being a prime example. i saw that u were editing movesets and was hoping that it might apply to other pkm. have u made a firestone available yet by any chance?

Last edited: