Demo Pokemon Edge of Reality (v2.08)

Chaos

Rookie
All of the content in the next update is actually completed, all I'm doing right now is bug testing and making sure everything is working how it's supposed to.

I would say the next update should be released by the end of April, but things don't always work out the way they should, so don't get your hopes up haha.
Thats great, cant wait to see how the game will turn out

Wiispeed03

Trainer

A new demo has been released!

Version 2.0 of Pokemon Edge of Reality is available now! It adds around 5-10 hours of gameplay.
The new version can be downloaded Here! (Download the 2.0 file, unless for some reason you want to download the previous verison.)

For more information on the new version and all of the additions, check the main thread!

Enjoy!! All feedback is appreciated!

ShinyMissingno

??? Pokémon
uh... is there a particular reason that I get an error any time I try to use pokeballs? I can't catch anything. At all. An error pops up any time I try to use a pokeball, and when I hit 'ok' it removes a pokeball from my inventory but doesn't actually go through with the catch attempt. It's just consuming pokeballs.
this is the error it gives me;
It's talking about nuzlockes but I never set one up? I wasn't asked if I wanted to do a challenge, so I have no idea what it's going on about.
---------------------------
Edge of Reality Demo
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: SystemStackError
New Nuzlocke by JV and Mej71:192:in `pbThrowPokeBall_ebs'
EliteBattle_0:375:in `nuzlocke_ThrowPokeBall'
New Nuzlocke by JV and Mej71:221:in `pbThrowPokeBall_ebs'

Wiispeed03

Trainer
uh... is there a particular reason that I get an error any time I try to use pokeballs? I can't catch anything. At all. An error pops up any time I try to use a pokeball, and when I hit 'ok' it removes a pokeball from my inventory but doesn't actually go through with the catch attempt. It's just consuming pokeballs.
this is the error it gives me;
It's talking about nuzlockes but I never set one up? I wasn't asked if I wanted to do a challenge, so I have no idea what it's going on about.
Edge of Reality Demo
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: SystemStackError
New Nuzlocke by JV and Mej71:192:in `pbThrowPokeBall_ebs'
I will look at that in a bit, but that has never happened to me, so I'm not completely sure what's happening. I'll try to figure out a solution.
Sorry about that!

ShinyMissingno

??? Pokémon
I will look at that in a bit, but that has never happened to me, so I'm not completely sure what's happening. I'll try to figure out a solution.
Sorry about that!
Thanks! I might try starting over in the meanwhiles - maybe I somehow set it to a nuzlocke while I was starting up? I just clicked right past the whole part that asked you about modes and stuff, figuring it'd give me a normal run. I didn't get very far in - was trying to catch a caterpie for some guy in a cave the next town over. It also crashed once while I tried to enter that second town, but not the second time? I missed the error though.
I have a vague unfounded suspicion it had to do with my mon holding the Kings Rock at the time, because my mon wasn't hoding the Kings Rock the second time I tried to enter the town, when the game didn't crash.

Past all my fun error adventures, this is an interesting game~! I like what I've seen so far if it makes you feel better. :D

Wiispeed03

Trainer
Thanks! I might try starting over in the meanwhiles - maybe I somehow set it to a nuzlocke while I was starting up? I just clicked right past the whole part that asked you about modes and stuff, figuring it'd give me a normal run. I didn't get very far in - was trying to catch a caterpie for some guy in a cave the next town over. It also crashed once while I tried to enter that second town, but not the second time? I missed the error though.
I have a vague unfounded suspicion it had to do with my mon holding the Kings Rock at the time, because my mon wasn't hoding the Kings Rock the second time I tried to enter the town, when the game didn't crash.

Past all my fun error adventures, this is an interesting game~! I like what I've seen so far if it makes you feel better. :D
Thanks I really appreciate it! The thing is I've played the game two times through and my friend played it once and none of those errors happened. So honestly I have no idea what is going on which is very frustrating lol. But thanks for letting me know I'll see what I can do! And if that error when entering the city happens again please send me the message! Thanks!

ShinyMissingno

??? Pokémon
So, after staring a new file and absolutely blazing through the intro, I seem to be able to catch pokemon just fine. That's... weird. I DID nab that Sneasel from the adoption center in my first file, if that's a reason it might screw up. Hopefully it's not the reason my game decided I wasn't allowed to catch pokemon, I really want that small boy on my team...

EDIT; haven't gotten to the next town yet though. Will update if it decides to break again, but for now, I need to head off as it's super late at night, rip

Wiispeed03

Trainer
So, after staring a new file and absolutely blazing through the intro, I seem to be able to catch pokemon just fine. That's... weird. I DID nab that Sneasel from the adoption center in my first file, if that's a reason it might screw up. Hopefully it's not the reason my game decided I wasn't allowed to catch pokemon, I really want that small boy on my team...

EDIT; haven't gotten to the next town yet though. Will update if it decides to break again, but for now, I need to head off as it's super late at night, rip
Ok, thanks for the Update! And I doubt the sneasel would be the problem, so you should hopefully be fine!

Also, I have added a little update to the downloads Here, v2.01, which fixes a few bugs that I noticed while playing myself, and completely removed the challenge modes, as they were causing too many problems that I, unfortunately, am not knowledgable enough to fix, lol.

Updating from 2.0 is as simple as extracting the files and running the game, and to update from 1.0 follow the same instructions in the main post.

Wiispeed03

Trainer
Important Update!

OK so this should be the final update for a while, but when I uploaded v2.01 a couple of days ago one of the biggest bug fixes wasn't in the update.
I have just fixed it so please download the game again from the download link! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Wiispeed03

Trainer
Hey, really liking your game so far!

But I recently ran into a bug where I can't move after my fight with Cynthia in Lenepsi City.

So I checked the events and, as you said, the bottom events are bugged by an oversight of mine. If you enter through the top (the green circle), you should be fine. I'll upload a fix tonight or tomorrow morning.
Glad you're enjoying the game!

Blimpion

Rookie
Ok, so v2.02 has been released, and adds a few bug fixes and gameplay improvements!
Download the latest version Here!
Thanks for making the bug fixes, but I'm still having problems. Now, my character is just stuck in the chair while Cynthia is on the other side, unable to move. I think the game autosaved after the fight or something, and now I'm stuck.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Again, really liking your game!

Wiispeed03

Trainer
Thanks for making the bug fixes, but I'm still having problems. Now, my character is just stuck in the chair while Cynthia is on the other side, unable to move. I think the game autosaved after the fight or something, and now I'm stuck.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Again, really liking your game!
Did you press the "s" key after the battle during the cutscene? That is the button for autosaving, and that might have made some problems for you. If you can't figure out any way to unfreeze your game, try sending me your save file @ pkmnedgeofreality@gmail.com and I'll see what I can do.

anaconda92230

Novice
Did you press the "s" key after the battle during the cutscene? That is the button for autosaving, and that might have made some problems for you. If you can't figure out any way to unfreeze your game, try sending me your save file @ pkmnedgeofreality@gmail.com and I'll see what I can do.
I have a problem I downloaded version 2.0.1 but I can not continue on my old version 1.0 backup how to continue on version 2.0.2? how to update ???