Demo Pokemon Edge of Reality (v2.07)

MadDeodorant

Insert internet reference here
I think I might be an idiot, because I can't figure out the damn ice puzzle at the beginning (right after the Giratina battle). Can you provide a solution? PM if necessary if you don't want to spoil other people.

anaconda92230

Novice
hello i have just downloaded the game i started the game with the battle vs giratina . When the battle starts this message appears :
---------------------------
Error
Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 1 (coords 12,15), map 42 (Turnback Cave):

Exception: RuntimeError

Message: BitmapCache:394:in `load_bitmap'Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Battlers/substitute_back

***Full script:

pbWildBattle(
PBSpecies::GIRATINA,80,1,FALSE,TRUE)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

EliteBattle_4:56:in `initialize'

EliteBattle_5:58:in `new'

EliteBattle_5:58:in `initialize'

EliteBattle_1:297:in `new'

EliteBattle_1:297:in `pbStartBattle'

EliteBattle_0:69:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2498:in `pbStartBattle'

PField_Battles:99:in `pbWildBattle_ebs'

PField_Battles:98:in `pbSceneStandby'

OK

Poq

Elite Trainer
hello i have just downloaded the game i started the game with the battle vs giratina . When the battle starts this message appears :
Error
Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 1 (coords 12,15), map 42 (Turnback Cave):

Exception: RuntimeError

Message: BitmapCache:394:in `load_bitmap'Failed to load the bitmap located at: Graphics/Battlers/substitute_back

***Full script:

pbWildBattle(
PBSpecies::GIRATINA,80,1,FALSE,TRUE)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

EliteBattle_4:56:in `initialize'

EliteBattle_5:58:in `new'

EliteBattle_5:58:in `initialize'

EliteBattle_1:297:in `new'

EliteBattle_1:297:in `pbStartBattle'

EliteBattle_0:69:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:2498:in `pbStartBattle'

PField_Battles:99:in `pbWildBattle_ebs'

PField_Battles:98:in `pbSceneStandby'

OK
That error message makes it sound like you're missing an image file: Graphics/Battlers/substitute_back.

If you check the folder and the image is there, then it's a deeper issue that's probably out of my depth.

anaconda92230

Novice
That error message makes it sound like you're missing an image file: Graphics/Battlers/substitute_back.

If you check the folder and the image is there, then it's a deeper issue that's probably out of my depth.
THANKS TO YOU ITS FIXED . WHEN THE NEXT UPDATE ???

Wiispeed03

Trainer
me too im stuck after battle with giratina when i should go? Please somebody can do a walkthrought ?? sorry for my english
For anyone needing help with the ice puzzle click the spoiler!
You first need to get to this tile:

Then travel upwards till you hit this rock and then head right:

Finally, once you hit the last rock head upwards!

Hope this helped!
i have been there and got the nugget off the drilbur, i have not sold it yet as i think i need to give it to someone but i can't remember were they are, can you help me
Check the Pokemon Shelter ;)

anaconda92230

Novice
I play your game seriously if you could animate all 850 pokemon finally all your animations it will be good. I hope you take my point into account.

Chaos

Rookie
Thx so much for the help, i just thought i'd let you know in thumble city Pokemon centre if you go up the stairs to the cashier you can get next to the woman by walking behind the cash register. its not a major glitch but its still a glitch and i thought i'd just let you know

Just found another glitch that could be OP. if you use you an item in battle but its the last of that item you can then go the the last used section in the next battle and use the item again as though you had it. I noticed it with super potions but i don't know of you can use it with other items

Last edited:

Wiispeed03

Trainer
Thx so much for the help, i just thought i'd let you know in thumble city Pokemon centre if you go up the stairs to the cashier you can get next to the woman by walking behind the cash register. its not a major glitch but its still a glitch and i thought i'd just let you know

Just found another glitch that could be OP. if you use you an item in battle but its the last of that item you can then go the the last used section in the next battle and use the item again as though you had it. I noticed it with super potions but i don't know of you can use it with other items
Thanks for the help! I'll get those fixed for the next update.

anaconda93450

Rookie
I
Thanks for the help! I'll get those fixed for the next update.
Your demo is good we wait for updates and bug fixes. There is just one thing missing the animations of all the pokemons during the fighting. Anime all, pokemons of your game and you will see that it will be one of the best pokemon fan game of the net. The wish of each pokemon fangame player is to play a game with an original story, 18 badges or more, full of quests and play with the 807 see 809 pokemon or more with the fakemon forms omega, delta and others I hope you listen to my advice thank you.

Poq

Elite Trainer
To the creator of the game super good game if you could animate pokemon in the battle it would be one of the best games fan game
I

Your demo is good we wait for updates and bug fixes. There is just one thing missing the animations of all the pokemons during the fighting. Anime all, pokemons of your game and you will see that it will be one of the best pokemon fan game of the net. The wish of each pokemon fangame player is to play a game with an original story, 18 badges or more, full of quests and play with the 807 see 809 pokemon or more with the fakemon forms omega, delta and others I hope you listen to my advice thank you.
Same person, two accounts, right? I'm sure you're feedback has been noted and is appreciated. The thing you must understand though is that animating hundreds of pokémon (which with sprites for front, back, shiny, gender and form differences and megas amounts to thousands of sprites) is a TON of work. Most fan game developers are small teams or even individuals. What you're asking for would be cool, absolutely! But it may not be realistic for someone who does this as a hobby...

anaconda93450

Rookie
Same person, two accounts, right? I'm sure you're feedback has been noted and is appreciated. The thing you must understand though is that animating hundreds of pokémon (which with sprites for front, back, shiny, gender and form differences and megas amounts to thousands of sprites) is a TON of work. Most fan game developers are small teams or even individuals. What you're asking for would be cool, absolutely! But it may not be realistic for someone who does this as a hobby...
Excuse me I thought well what you said but you are not forced to animate all the pokemon yourself. There are packs of gifs to download on the internet with the pokemon of front, back, shiny omega evolution and female. I have to download them and we have to replace them in the battlers folder. I tried and it works for some games like pokemon insurgence, zeta and omicron, titan and others. For some games it does not work but you already know it. You should do it I think it's nice but the last word comes back to you it's just a suggestion a notice I hope u will take it into account.

Echo

Novice
Excuse me I thought well what you said but you are not forced to animate all the pokemon yourself. There are packs of gifs to download on the internet with the pokemon of front, back, shiny omega evolution and female. I have to download them and we have to replace them in the battlers folder. I tried and it works for some games like pokemon insurgence, zeta and omicron, titan and others. For some games it does not work but you already know it. You should do it I think it's nice but the last word comes back to you it's just a suggestion a notice I hope u will take it into account.
Wrong. The vast majority of gen 6 and gen 7 Pokemon do not have these

Those are fanmade, while earlier gen Pokemon had their sprites converted from gen 5 games

There are very large gaps that would require tons of animation work

Unless you’re talking about the 3D model animated gifs

Which are ugly as sin in a pixel art game

Wiispeed03

Trainer
Hey, just wondering how long till the next update?, i cant wait to see the next part of the game.
All of the content in the next update is actually completed, all I'm doing right now is bug testing and making sure everything is working how it's supposed to.

I would say the next update should be released by the end of April, but things don't always work out the way they should, so don't get your hopes up haha.