Demo Pokémon: Faint Light (Reduced Download!)

RoxUnlimited

Rookie
Pokémon: Faint Light

Introduction:
Hello everyone, I'm Rox. I recently just started college, but beforehand I decided to start working on a Pokémon fan game in my spare time. It's my first time making a fan game and when I eventually post a demo feel free to critique it. The game has a somewhat dark story, but follows more of a traditional game with more of a challenge.

Plot:
You are a 12 year old child who unfortunately had to move to a different region due to your father being murdered. After a long flight, you get home and sleep. You have a strange dream where you can hear the voice of someone and see silhouettes of what look to be people and even a pokémon. The voice tells you that they need your help to get rid of the "darkness." The voice begins to fade and you are confused on what is going on. After waking up you blow if off as just a strange dream and begin your journey through the Rendon Region.

Features:
Subject to change-*
-A more challenging region.
-Evil Team: The Nocturnal Team
-Optional Boss Pokémon to get useful TMs (No longer will you just get Earthquake you have to earn it!)
-Some gym leaders and bosses may have Legendary Pokémon (Usually OU allowed or low Uber usage)
-Starters: Bellsprout, Litwick, Poliwag (stats adjusted)

-Evolutions based on friendship, time, etc. have been adjusted
-Mega Evolution
-New Moves and Abilities
-See EVs/IVs in Summary Screen
-EV Training
-NPCs that modify stats, abilities, and EV Training
-Wild Pokémon have a 10% chance of having hidden abilities (some hidden abilities are now regular abilities)
-Multiple Pokémon Revamped: (Stats, Types, Abilities, Moves, etc. (Just because a pokémon is trash doesn't mean it still is))
-Gen 6 Pokémon
-Multiple Gen 7 Moves added (ie. Liquidation and Lunge)
-8+ Gyms*
-NPCs that appear at certain times of day that give items
-Speed Up Button (Alt)
-Quicksave Button (F8)
-Most HMs are now Items
-Much more!

Screenshots:

Credits:
All credits even if not used are listed. If by chance I overlooked something you created and did not credit you please notify me and I will make sure that it is added. If for some reason something of yours was taken and credited to someone who is not the true owner please notify and it will be corrected.

Pokémon is owned by Nintendo and GameFreak

Pokémon Essentials- Maruno, Flameguru, Poccil (Peter O.)
RPG Maker XP- Enterbrain

Music:
Extended Music- BrawlBRSTMs3 X
Trainer Themes- Pokeli

Sprites:
XY Sprite Project
Various Mega Sprites

Kyuzeth (Deviant Art)
Mega Salamence
(I received special permission to use the Mega Salamence sprite. It is not to be used anywhere else and I will NOT redistribute it to anyone!)

Noscium (Deviant Art)
Mega Garchomp (Front)
Mega Absol (Front)

princess-phoenix (Deviant Art)
Mega Camerupt
Mega Pidgeot

Gnomowladny (Deviant Art)
Mega Glalie
Mega Mawile
Mega Metagross (Front)
Mega Sableye

Diegotoon20 (Deviant Art)
Mega Metagross (Back)

Dreadwing93(Deviant Art)
Diggersby

TrainerSplash (Deviant Art)
Primal Kyogre

Falgaia(Deviant Art)
Hoopa-Unbound (Also TrainerSplash, aXI

Overworld Items- PurpleAladdin
Emerald Trainers Sprites- Random Talking Bush
HGSS Trainers Sprites- Dann-The-Yoshi (DeviantArt)
FRLG Fog- xUMG (SpritersResource)
Lava Tiles- Derxwna Kapsyla
Overworld Trainers (Emerald)- Furs The Fox (SpritersResource)
DPP GymLeaders and E4 Sprites- Lan/CHAOS,IcyKerpymon
DPP GymLeaders and E4 Sprites (Overworld)- spaceemotion
DPP Trainer Sprites- Eevee, Zhen Lin, Pika, and Pipian
BW Trainer Sprites- Barubary
Gen1 Overworld Pokémon- Dragoon (SpritersResource)
Gen2 Overworld Pokémon- Dragoon (SpritersResource)
Gen3 Overworld Pokémon- redblueyellow (SpritersResource)
Gen4 Overworld Pokémon- Dragoon (SpritersResource)
NINTENDO, Kymotonian, cSc-A7X, 2and2makes5, Pokegirl4ever, Fernandojl, Silver-Skie, TyranitarDark, Getsuei-H, Milomilotic11, kyt666, kdiamo11, Chocosrawloid, SyleDude, Gallanty, Gizamimipichu
Gen6 Overworld Pokémon- princess-phoenix & LunarDusk6 (DeviantArt)

Scripts:
Last Pokémon Message and BGM- HelioAU & Venom12
HM Items Tutorial- FL
HM Items Script- Marin
QuickSave Script- Marin
Better Fast Foward Mode- Marin
Wild Pokémon with HAs Tutorial- Rot8er_ConeX
Clone Trainer - Rot8er _ConeX
EVs/IVs in Summary Tutorial- Fhauno & MillaLya

Others:
Special thanks to Thundaga Discord and Tutorials
Jephed Tutorials
Hunter Heidenreich Tutorials

Download:
Pokemon Faint Light Demo 1.0.1
(Reduced Download size by 52% for faster download and less space usage.)
(If you have already downloaded, just replace the BGM folder within the Audio file.)​

Last edited:

RoxUnlimited

Rookie
I have made a download link for a Demo for Pokemon Faint Light. The game is suppose to be challenging, however please let me know if some areas are too tough as well as if they are too weak. (Some weaker pokemon in the beginning routes have had their stats/abilities adjusted try them out!).

I has I'd estimate around 3 hours of gameplay, 1 Gym, 4 Boss Pokemon (1 might be to tough for the demo), and story :)
Hope you enjoy and please leave feedback and suggestions!

Pokemon Faint Light Demo 1.0.1

Last edited:

Zangoose335

i'm 16 i love zangoose weavile and raichu
I have made a download link for a Demo for Pokemon Faint Light. The game is suppose to be challenging, however please let me know if some areas are too tough as well as if they are too weak. (Some weaker pokemon in the beginning routes have had their stats/abilities adjusted try them out!).

I has I'd estimate around 3 hours of gameplay, 1 Gym, 4 Boss Pokemon (1 might be to tough for the demo), and story :)
Hope you enjoy and please leave feedback and suggestions!

Pokemon Faint Light Demo 1.0
you're game looks alright i may give it a try

RoxUnlimited

Rookie
Just an update: Planning to release the next part of the demo in hopefully less than 2 weeks!
Will include the next gym and more story!
Also evolution stones will work in the next demo and if you want a Politoed instead of a Poliwrath and you have already beaten the demo, there will be an NPC near the Rendon Memorial Tower who will trade you a Kingstone for a Waterstone!

Edit: Still working on next update college stuff setting progress back >.<

Last edited:

RoxUnlimited

Rookie
Already been a month and a half... any news? :/
Sorry sorry! I’ve been busy with college. I’m still working on the next update! A lot of exams and test back to back haha. I’m finishing up the second gym and adding another area that you can go to before/after the gym. Not too sure on a time when it will drop but don’t worry hopefully it won’t be too much longer!