Released Pokémon Axis

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Discontinued
logo3-1.png
AS OF THE 5TH OF AUGUST 2023, THE PROJECT HAS BEEN ARCHIVED.
The Story:
One night, you start to have a strange dream. You're walking up an unstable staircase, but...you can see glimpses. Glimpses of what may be. At the end of the stairway, you meet a man calling himself Professor Kanzan.
A Pokémon Professor.
It's your first interaction with the world of Pokémon, and it won't be your last. Your journey begins the next day as you find a doorway in the middle of your local glade.
You're tasked by the door's resident to find the scattered Axis items, the source of its power...Your goal is clear.
Welcome to the Azarium region, where people are disappearing, Pokémon are attacking the local populace, and a sinister force called Team Void lurks in the shadows...but are they the true threat?

Features:
- Level caps based on number of badges (7/14 badges in v3.1 for cap of 55)!
- Autosave button(F8) and fast forward button(Alt)!
- A large selection of Pokémon to obtain, now with a Trade Cable item for those pesky trade evolutions!
- Overworld encounters!
- Pokémon have Birthsigns that can grant various effects!
- A new, never before seen catchable Celestial Boss will be available. (Be warned, though, it's very strong. Save before you attempt it!)
- Sidequests that help flesh out the Azarium region!
- Your choices matter, and now have quite the impact...

Note from the developer:
Hi, Mashirosakura here! So, Pokémon Axis first released in March of 2017. Which is, uh, quite a long time ago, now that I think about it.
The game has evolved quite like the Pokémon within; sometimes to huge extents, sometimes in other, smaller ways.
At the start, I was just messing around with RPGMaker and Essentials, just breezing through the map-making and making a slightly half-assed story. And then it happened: the great bug purge of v2. Man, what a mess. And that honestly made me rethink how I was going about the whole game making process.
So progress on v3 started. I redid everything, the maps, the Pokédex, and most importantly the story. Now the story, honestly, hasn't gone through nearly as many changes as you'd think. The dialogue was mostly rewritten, but the events are for the most part the same as v2.
The update came out, there were a few bugs to start, and then the game slowly just stopped being checked. Sure, we had a Discord, and I was fixing small bugs, but for the most part I was just focused on slowly going through the rest of the leftover events from v2 that had to be remade for v3.1.
And then October 2019 happened. A fair few Youtubers had played the game before then, but this one blew it up. The Discord was flooded, I was getting bug reports left right and centre: it was pretty overwhelming for one guy just making a game at his own pace. Thankfully this flood sent a bunch of testers and even a fellow dev to help out. Hopefully, this shows in v3.1.
I also do have a Discord server you can join if you'd like!

Screenshots
collectivev3_1.png

Credits
Game made in RPGMaker XP by Enterbrain with the Pokémon Essentials v17.2 plugin currently being updated by Maruno.

Tiles:
- Hiker/Lady/Camper/Picnicker/Supernerd overworld sprites courtesy of Young-Dante on deviantART
(https://young-dante.deviantart.com/)
- The Pokémon Reborn and Rejuvenation teams for their multiple tilesets and move animations.
- The Smogon team for their multiple Gen 6 and Gen 7 sprites, with some Alolan forms sprinkled in.
- Akiza16 for her Pokémon Go styled summary screens.
- Aldo for his help making the party screen.
- Nyjee credited for his Piplup/Prinplup designs. https://www.deviantart.com/nyjee
- Arma for his work on interiors from Draig Town onwards.
- PokeMiner20 for finding a load of bugs and getting the Trainer Card and map proportions
in order.
- Lytje for his work on the battle ui.
- SweeperSnivy for his Dhelmise sprite.
- Pikachumazzinga for his gen 6 shiny party icons, Alaguesia for her adjustments.

Music:
GAMEFREAK
- Item obtain sound effects (Pokémon Sun and Moon)
Aoki Katsumata 勝俣蒼気
- Battle! Down To The Wire (Pokémon BW/Victory Lies Before You! (Symphonic Remaster))
AlmightyArceus
- Battle! Gym Leader 2 (Pokemon Sun and Moon - Vs Elite 4 Remix)
Amuza
- Towns! -Aurae City (Pokémon Gold-Silver-Crystal - Violet City (Jazz Arrangement))
bauerklos
- Side! -Bike (Sunnyshore City Remix)
Best Dude55
- Side! -Gym Theme (Gym Theme remix)
Black Time
- Encounter! Marina Encounter (Lillie's Theme)
Bliitzit
- Battle! Team Void Royal (Vs Team Galactic)
Dasgust
- Towns! -Typhos Town (Pokémon BW - Lacunosa SummerMix(Collab with Mewmore))
- Side! -Star Observatory (This song deserves a name yet I can't think of anything fitting)
- Battle! Mysterious People (Pokémon BW2 - Neo Team Plasma Battle (Remix))
- Side! -Ultra Wormhole (【minecraft】)
Eclairattack
- Side! -Ancient Ruins (Sinjoh Ruins remix)
EndureRibbon
- Towns! -Katla Town (Pallet Town(RBY) remix)
GlitchXCity
- Atmosphere! -Paranoia
- Atmosphere! -Progressive
- Side! -Ladanax Mining Cave (Pokémon Tower Remix v2)
hanta1117
- Battle! Team Void Admin(Pokémon Sun and Moon Team Skull remix)
I-KYRO-I
- Routes! Bahor Mountain (The Desert Caravan)
Jfaferrie
- Routes!Azarium Seas (Pokémon RSE/ORAS Orchestrated - Abandoned Ship/Sea Mauville)
JimmuKi
- Towns! -Hometown (Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon- Tree of Life Roots Remix (Tropical-Deep house))
Kamex
- Atmosphere! The Old Ways (Hang in there)
- Battle! Gym Leader (Vs Unova Gym Leader)
- Side! -Pokémon Center(Night) (The Center at Night)
- Battle! Spectral Avengers (Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 - Vs. Team Plasma Grunt Remix)
KunningFox
- Battle! Rival Marina (Battle! Friend XY)
- Battle! Southern Trainer (Versus Sinnoh Trainer)
- Battle! Team Void Grunt (Battle! (Team Galactic))
- Encounter! Marina Wants To Fight! (It's A Pokémon Battle(XY Rival Encounter))
- Routes! 1 + 2 (BW Route 2 (Summer))
- Side! - Evolution (Evolution Theme)
- Towns! Draig Town (New Bark Town (Piano Cover))
loz44
- Dimension! Ghost Dimension (Old Chateau remix)
Mewmore
- Routes! -Golduck Bridge (Skyarrow Bridge remix)
- Side! -Neak Forest (Lillie's Theme)
- Side! -Imogi Sewers (Virbank Complex)
- Side! -PokéMart (XY Boutique)
- Side! -Surf (Mantine Surf)
- Towns! -Ikuchi Crossroads (Dreamyard)
- Towns! -Selinus City (Lavender Town)
- Towns! -Typhos Town (Pokémon BW - Lacunosa SummerMix(Collab with Dasgust))
- Routes! 7 (Route 15 Remix)
MPeeniksM
- Side! Eunomia Hall (Kimono Girl Encounter)
Nexi
- Side! -Pokémon Center(Day) (Pokémon Center remix)
PokeRemixStudios
- Towns! Imogi Town (Lilycove City remix)
- Routes! 4 + 5 + 6 (GSC Surfing remix)
- Side! -Game Corner (GSC Game Corner remix)
sheddy
- Towns! Alcyone Town (Decisions)
- Towns! Eunomia City ('East West Festival' (Daytime in Malie City Remix))
- Side! -Erebokia (Ad Perpertuam Memoriam Aster)
- Side! -Gateways (Thousands of Hues)
TGH
- Side! -Begin The Dream (PSMD - Choosing - Personality Test)
VanilluxePavilion
- Battle! Hina (Pokémon BW Elite 4 Battle Remix)
- Side! -Geryon Cave (Pokémon Route 216-217 Remix)
- Routes! 3 (Eterna City Remix)
- Routes! Alilou Cave (Pokémon B/W - Nuvema Town Remix - "Overcast")
- Towns! -Ladanax Island (Pokémon Sun and Moon Seafolk Village Remix)
Zame
- Atmosphere! -Invasion (Infiltration into the Plasma Frigate (Remastered))
- Atmosphere! -Technophobia (Deep Within The Team Galactic HQ! (Remix))
- Atmosphere! -Dramatic (Champion Cynthia)
- Encounter! Odd Characters (Clair's Theme)
- Encounter! Royals (Team Galactic Appears!)
- Routes! Deep Neak Forest (Eterna Forest Remix)
- Side! -S.S. Vienna (Royal Unova (Remix) | Pokémon Black & White)
- Side! -Typhos Lighthouse(Rai's Theme) (Lacunosa Town | Piano Arrangement)
- Side! Title (Submarine_POKÉMON RANGER_GS)
CHICKING
- Routes! Atlanta Isle (太古の夢 Ancient Dreams)

Scripts:
- Z-Move Script by Marcello
- Battle lines and music by HeliowaltonAU & venom12
- Wild Drops by Cilerba
- Windowbox by Mr.Gela
- Better Fast-Forward Mode by Marin
- Ambient Cries by Vendily
- Birthsign Scripts by Lucidious89
- Game Corner Script by Mr.Gela
- TechSkylander1518 & Streetie for their Star Gazer ability script
- Multiple Saves by Mej
- Gen 8 Item Find Description by Boonzeet

Downloads
MediaFire & MEGA v3.1.11.3

If you find anyone trying to host this game on sites that aren't PokéCommunity or Relic Castle, please remember I haven't given them consent to do that. Please stick to those sites for constant updates.

Last edited:

Mashirosakura

With my wishes frozen in time and long forgotten
v3.0.8.7 is now available! It's a very small update, but it now has a new Pokémon available via the Password System!
You can get this December exclusive Pokémon using the code 2512036!
Happy hunting if you want to try and get a shiny!
Game_2018-12-01_03-33-09.png

Last edited:

Mashirosakura

I did the update but the password thing still says its unavailable.
As in you get a text message pop up or it just does nothing?

I did realise just now that the last number on the code was wrong, it's supposed to be a 6

Jatunis

Rookie
As in you get a text message pop up or it just does nothing?

I did realise just now that the last number on the code was wrong, it's supposed to be a 6

sorry for the late reply, it just says "sadly, this is not available at the moment"

Mashirosakura

I've heard your plights, and for the moment I offer v3.0.8.8 as a fix. But yeah I've disabled the artificial day and night cycle for the moment to try and find a solution to the artificial calendar thing we've got going on. It's been screwing up the date in game and making it so people can't get the event Vulpix. 2512036 is still the code for that, hopefully now it should work.

Mashirosakura

v3.0.9, the Valentine's update. Quite a few changes here, I won't go over a lot of them since the bulk of it is in the updatelog included. All I'll say is that the Valentine's event is available in Selinus City after beating the 4th Gym. There's no new story updates in this patch.

Mashirosakura

The first round of testing for the next major update, 3.1, is starting now. If you'd like to participate, please contact me on the Discord found in the first post of this thread.

Mashirosakura

HOW LONG IS THIS GAME ???HOWMANY HOURS? HOW MANY BADGES SORRY FOR THE ENGLISH
How long I'm not sure, never properly tested the length. It's at 4 badges currently.

Ott

My crown is made from the Yellow Pages
lmao It's a joke it's your own games and you do not know its duration ?? Waooh
How long a game lasts is subjective. The person who makes it may finish the game in, say, an hour, whilst a new player finishes it in 3-4 hours. Why not download it yourself, play it, and then tell us how long it is? No need for sass when someone doesn't have a definitive answer about something so arguably meaningless and subjective

Last edited:

Mashirosakura

v3.0.9.2 update, mostly bug fixes but necessary ones. There was a problem with the Replace in Party script making Pokémon that were caught and sent to the pc disappear. I removed it and fixed a few other little bugs here and there. Enjoy!

2019-03-21_08-58-26.gif
2019-05-20_20-57-42.gif

EDIT: Small update for progression's sake for the end of the demo. Throw this patch into the main folder then go into the 4th leader's room and exit. Should advance the end of the demo's plot properly.
v3.0.9.3 patch

Last edited:

Mashirosakura

It's been a long -at some points hot- summer. You have to appreciate the little things in life somehow; which is easier said than done. Progress has been slow, but it has been quite fruitful. Here's a bit of what you can expect in 3.1, which I hope to release a bit later this year. I know, it's been a while coming. Thanks for your patience.
Obviously I can't show much, but what I can say is there's quite an event coming near the end of the story line this time. It's very summer orientated!
Game_hNhaJkRC2B.png

How have you and Marina ended up on this island? Are you alone?
Game_b0gqPyVTnh.png

It looks like a chance to relax, however...
Game_6clBq1L2qf.png
Game_DjIv27T6CT.png
Game_erBhYhZ2dI.png

Your friends have joined you, and it's time for some beach battles! Choose your partner and fight two of the others of your choosing!
beach.png

Let's hope you can get off of that island, though...You may have to make an important choice.
That's it for the mainline quest for now. The game is also adding new sidequests, and some previously started ones get their next steps added.
Game_7Sm9hxZ3e8.png
Game_5V7dZaqiYx.png
And on the subject of sidequests, if you'd like to contribute to the game with some sidequest ideas, there's a new room on the Discord dedicated to sharing those. As usual, any support for testing the game is appreciated.

Have a good one, and hope to see you all on v3.1's release.

EDIT: A few issues with the current version were brought to my attention so I'm uploading some fixes.
v3.0.9.4 can be downloaded on Mediafire and MEGA.
EDIT2: Due to an overwhelming amount of people on the discord shooting the same error at me, here's another update.
v3.0.9.5 can be downloaded on Mediafire and MEGA.

Last edited:

Mashirosakura

logo3-1.png

collectivev3_1.png
Hello everyone! It's finally time to release a new major update! It's been a little bit, so here's a slight catch-up on what happened in v3!
The story so far...
You have been transported from your own world into the Pokémon world by mysterious forces, and tasked with retrieving the Axis items scattered around the Azarium region.
You meet Professor Kanzan and his granddaughter, Marina, who eventually becomes your rival. On your search to find the Axis items, you discover many things about the Azarium region have gone wrong: people are being attacked by Pokémon, and people are mysteriously vanishing. Eventually, you meet up with various Gym Leaders and a strange person called Elpis, and decide to investigate a group calling themselves Team Void, who your new friends assume to be behind a lot of the problems...But not all is what it seems...
So that's what's been happening. You're probably wondering what's changed since the last major update?
Well here's a few things:
- More Pokémon are now available to catch and evolve, including a new substitute for Trade Evolutions.
- New Wild Pokémon and Trainer themes!
- 3 new Gyms have appeared, taking the count up to 7/14.
- New sidequests and continuations of old sidequests.
- Overworld encounters. You heard me: Pokémon can be found on the overworld now.
- Many maps have been redesigned, including:
- Katla Town (tree rearrangement)
- Route 1 (complete redesign)
- Imogi Town (added flowerbeds)
- Route 2 (complete redesign)
- Ikuchi Town (now known as Ikuchi Crossroads, tree rearrangement, added webs to gym)
- Perigrove Way (complete redesign)
- Typhos Town (tree rearrangement)
- Typhos Town Garden (complete redesign)
- We actually have Battle UI now...
- A new, never before seen catchable Celestial Boss will be available. (Be warned, though, it's very strong. Save before you attempt it!)
- Your choices still matter, and with quite the impact now...
Finally, 18 months after the last major release, here's v3.1.
CHECK UPDATE
But wait, there's more! Within most Pokémon Centers, there is a machine that had previously lost its purpose...but the Password System is back!
The password to input for the month of March is 401858! Have fun!
So, Pokémon Axis first released in March of 2017. Which is, uh, quite a long time ago, now that I think about it.
The game has evolved quite like the Pokémon within; sometimes to huge extents, sometimes in other, smaller ways.
At the start, I was just messing around with RPGMaker and Essentials, just breezing through the map-making and making a slightly half-assed story. And then it happened: the great bug purge of v2. Man, what a mess. And that honestly made me rethink how I was going about the whole game making process.
So progress on v3 started. I redid everything, the maps, the Pokédex, and most importantly the story. Now the story, honestly, hasn't gone through nearly as many changes as you'd think. The dialogue was mostly rewritten, but the events are for the most part the same as v2.
The update came out, there were a few bugs to start, and then the game slowly just stopped being checked. Sure, we had a Discord, and I was fixing small bugs, but for the most part I was just focused on slowly going through the rest of the leftover events from v2 that had to be remade for v3.1.
And then last October happened. A fair few Youtubers had played the game before then, but this one blew it up. The Discord was flooded, I was getting bug reports left right and centre: it was pretty overwhelming for one guy just making a game at his own pace. Thankfully this flood sent a bunch of testers and even a fellow dev to help out. Hopefully, this shows in v3.1.

EDIT: Well, I guess it's time to fix some of the small issues that've come out so far. Here's v3.1.1 for that. If you want to know what's changed, check the Updatelog in the README folder.
MEGA and Mediafire

EDIT2: Well, that was a productive day. Here's another patch, for v3.1.2. Again, for changes, read the UPDATELOG in the README folder.
MEGA & Mediafire

Last edited:

Mashirosakura

Some more bugs, nothing too noteworthy this time but here are the links for v3.1.3
MEGA & Mediafire
Believe it or not that didn't last too long. Lot of bug fixes around this time for v3.1.4. Definitely a patch worth updating for.
MEGA &
MediaFire
EDIT: Well then, the first weekend since the release has just come and gone.
So here it is, v3.1.5. Tile fixes amongst other things, and now including shiny sprites for the party screen (minus variants and gen 7 mons atm)
It's come to my attention also that since I locked the screensize last patch, people have been getting errors. It's recommended you go back to this patch right here to change the screensize to the default again before updating.
v3.1.5 links here: MEGA & MediaFire

Last edited:

Mashirosakura

Believe it or not that didn't last too long. Lot of bug fixes around this time for v3.1.4. Definitely a patch worth updating for.
MEGA &
MediaFire
EDIT: Well then, the first weekend since the release has just come and gone.
So here it is, v3.1.5. Tile fixes amongst other things, and now including shiny sprites for the party screen (minus variants and gen 7 mons atm)
It's come to my attention also that since I locked the screensize last patch, people have been getting errors. It's recommended you go back to this patch right here to change the screensize to the default again before updating.
v3.1.5 links here: MEGA &
MediaFire

v3.1.6, hopefully final update for a while. MediaFire & MEGA download links

smallish edit: MediaFire & MEGA v3.1.7

Since the end of the month is coming up, here's the code for the April gift. It's 236215.
You can use this code from the 1st to the 30th of April

Last edited:

Mashirosakura

How've you guys been? I know we're all on lockdown right now, so hey, I've a had a little time to do some small improvements. I've seen a few tiny errors, added a few more tiny qol stuff, that kind of thing.
There's also the prep work for v4, the next major update. As such, I've readjusted some of the Pokédex files (shouldn't be noticeable really), added a few helpful hints for stuff like the Birthsign quest etc.
You can find all of these changes in the UPDATELOG in the README folder.
Please note that saves older than this version will have their Pokédexes broken. This is due to the way Essentials regulates adding Pokémon to the files, or in this case readjusting them. So this'll break in this patch, and in v4.
Anyway I've kept you here long enough. Here are the links for v3.1.8!
MEGA & MediaFire

EDIT: A few adjustments to the game, small stuff really. I'll go over a little of it now.
Introducing a new item, replacing Stardust as the catalyst for Transmuting items, Star Pouches!
What is transmuting you ask? Well it's a little complex to go over, so I've made a summary on it in the Birthsigns file in the Readme folder.

v3.1.9.1
Almost forgot, 650542 is the code for the May gift. You can claim this from the Password System between May 1st and May 31st.

EDIT2: New bugfix update, v3.1.10.1
Mega
Mediafire

EDIT3: new bug fix v3.1.10.2
MediaFire MEGA

extract this into the main folder to make sure you don't get stuck.

610076 is the June code
EDIT4: new bugfix v3.1.10.3
If you aren't on this version and have an error, update.
Mega or Mediafire

Last edited:

Mashirosakura

v3.1.11 update, fixes an issue and sorting image files out. July's code is 350891. You can enter this in the console in any Pokémon Centre for a gift Pokémon only in the month of July.
MediaFire & MEGA
Afterwards, take this folder and extract into the main folder.
EDIT: v3.1.11.1, combines the obedience fix, fixes graphics and lowers the required amount of badges for new stones in Aurae Market to 7. The code for the password machine in every Pokémon Center during the month of August is 722549.
MEGA & MediaFire

Last edited:

Mashirosakura

It's been a little while, and I've decided to upload a small bug patch. Work on the next major patch has been kind of slow due to motivation, time and as of recently version updates to Essentials. So it'll be ready when it's ready I suppose.
For now, enjoy v3.1.11.3.

MEGA MediaFire

I've also been slowly releasing passwords throughout the year for the machines found in every Pokémon Center. Here's a compilation of what's come out so far!
March - 401858
April - 236215
May - 650542
June - 610076
July - 350891
August - 722549
September - 870188
October - 121589
November - 932585
December - 377312