Demo Pokémon Axis

Mashirosakura

I am a spooky ice fox

The Story:
You, the player, fall into a dream. There, you meet a man who calls himself Kanzan, a "Pokémon Professor". The dream state doesn't last very long and you soon wake up. It seems like it's going to be a normal day, but then the strangest thing happens: a door has appeared in the middle of the nearby glade! Walking through it, you find yourself going from our world to the Pokémon world.
Welcome to the Azarium region, where people are disappearing, Pokémon are attacking the local populace, and a sinister force called Team Void lurks in the shadows...but how are you involved in this? How are you meant to get home?

Features:
- Level caps based on number of badges (4/14 badges in v3 for cap of 40).
- Autosave button(F8) and fast forward button(F).
- Pokémon have Birthsigns which can grant various effects.
- A large selection of Pokémon to obtain.

Note from the developer:
Hi, Mashirosakura here! This is a project I've been working on for over a year and a half, so I'm going to throw some random trivia. The game began in January 2017 as a little experimentation project, but quickly grew into a passion project. I released a demo on Pokécommunity in around March of that year, and to be frank, it was a buggy mess. I had to fix it a lot, but I was a new dev. In July, I released v2, and that extended the game to 8/14 badges. It wasn't as bad as the first release, but it was all around less polished. I kept going, but realised that what the game really needed was a bit of a refresh, so v3 focused on making the region more accessible, polishing the story, graphics and overall just making it better. And I hope it has achieved that. I hope you enjoy me finally releasing something of my own. Don't be afraid to post any bugs you find below too, I'm sure there're a few still around. Have fun with the game!
I also do have a Discord for the game, join if you'd like!

Game made in RPGMaker XP by Enterbrain with the Pokémon Essentials plugin currently being updated by Maruno.

Tiles:
Hiker/Lady/Camper/Picnicker/Supernerd overworld sprites courtesy of Young-Dante on deviantART
(https://young-dante.deviantart.com/)
The Pokémon Reborn and Rejuvenation teams for their multiple tilesets and move animations.
Akiza16 for her Pokémon Go styled summary screens.
Aldo for his help making the party screen.

Music:
GlitchXCity (Paranoia,Ladanax Mining Base)
Kamex (Gym Leader,PokemonCenter(Night))
VanilluxePavilion (Hina,Geryon Cave)
Mewmore (Neak Forest,Imogi Sewers,Pokémart,Surf,Ikuchi Town,Selinus City,Typhos Town)
Dasgust (Typhos Town,Star Observatory)
Bliitzit (South Wild Battle)
KunningFox (Marina Battle,Southern Trainer,Team Void Grunt,Marina Battle Encounter)
hanta1117 (Team Void Admin)
loz44 (Ghost Dimension)
PokeRemixStudios (Imogi Town)
Black Time (Marina Encounter)
LOrbSheddy (Alcyone Town,Erebokia,Gateways)
TGH (Dream)
bauerklos (Bike)
Best Dude55 (Gym Theme)
Nexi (PokemonCenter(Day))
TheDeadlySpinach (Title)
EndureRibbon (Katla Town)
GAMEFREAK (Item obtain sound effects)

Scripts:
Z-Move Script by Marcello
Wild Drops by Cilerba
Windowbox by Mr.Gela
Better Fast-Forward Mode by Marin
Saving Button by Marin
Ambient Cries by Vendily
Unreal Time Engine by FL
Birthsign Scripts by Lucidious89

Last edited:

Mashirosakura

I am a spooky ice fox
well lets update this bug report any of the starter crash the game
Can I see the error message?

EDIT: Ok actually I've found the issue and I've issued a temporary fix which can be obtained HERE. To apply this fix either extract this into the game folder or drag the extracted files into the folder. Yes you have to override them. Normally this should fix the issue.

Last edited:

Mashirosakura

I am a spooky ice fox
A few more bugs have been fixed, updated the mini patch link in the first post. Download it to make sure you don't get stuck into some doors xD

Mashirosakura

I am a spooky ice fox
v3.0.3 has arrived. I've updated the post with the new download link. Unlike previous patches, this is a full reupload.
As a warning, I have to say that Gift Pokémon do not work, and I'll try to fix them for the next patch. Until then, avoid these following gift Pokémon:
The Litten on Route 1, the Rockruff in Imogi Gym, the egg in the Selinus Dream State and the trade for a Ralts in Ikuchi Town.
A small bug that also occurs with the Item Drop script (which is harmless dw) is that a message box pops up saying you've dropped your item when your Pokémon is knocked out. It isn't actually gone, it's still holding it.

Finally, I've added a changelog to the folder, so you can see what's changed and on which patch.

EDIT: Added two mini patches in, fixing a few more bugs, and fixing Gift Pokémon finally. Have fun with 5 new Pokémon!
First post updated.

Last edited:

Mashirosakura

I am a spooky ice fox
v3.0.3.3 patch: another small one, but it's a game progression one so it's necessary. People are really good at finding these I guess. You can download the patch here.

Mashirosakura

I am a spooky ice fox
v3.0.6.5 patch is now available, it's an add-on patch to the main file, so download that one then add the contents of this to that.
Fixes a few more issues. Would like to ask if anyone finds any tile priority issues, that they can tell me about them. Thanks again!

Mashirosakura

I am a spooky ice fox
v3.0.7 has arrived. It fixes a few minor bugs, and compiles everything together so we don't need to patch.
I've also removed the v2 link, as people have clicked it by mistake in the past, and I think we don't need it anymore.

EDIT: v3.0.7.6 (patch) is here with a few more bug fixes.

Last edited:

Mashirosakura

I am a spooky ice fox
v3.0.8, the Halloween update is now available. Using the new Password System found in Pokémon Centres, you can get a special gift in the month of October. See below.
136225 is the password for this event. It will give you a Murkrow with its hidden ability Prankster and the two egg moves Perish Song and Screech.

EDIT: v3.0.8.1 is now out. It fixes Rockruff not being able to become Dusk form, an update to the password system, and a few minor changes around Selinus.

Last edited:

Mashirosakura

I am a spooky ice fox
v3.0.8.6, also known as the "I Nerfed Rai Into Oblivion" patch (INRIO for short) is now live. A few small bug fixes, a missing sprite added.
Today, Oct 31st, is the last day for the Halloween event, so pick up your Pokémon from the Password System located in any Pokémon Center before November 1st. 136225 is the code, again. Have fun!