Help New Abilities

Vendily

Trainer
Generally making a new ability works by looking at other abilities that are similar to the one you want to make.
But to give any specific advice is impossible without any further details.

Generally making a new ability works by looking at other abilities that are similar to the one you want to make.
But to give any specific advice is impossible without any further details.
I am not 100% sure about the new abilities I want to add, but will check out similar ones to what I am possibly thinking of

Mr. Gela

Elite Trainer
That depends entirely on what the ability is meant to do.
* Does it do something on the overworld? Check Flame Body, Static, Intimidate...
* Does it do something when you take contact damage? Iron Barbs, Cursed Body...
* Is it related to weather or another field condition?
* Does it boost or negate damage? Torrent, Pixilate...
For almost every in-battle ability you can think of, there'll be something in the code to base it off that. If I want to code "Pixilate but Fire type" I'll look at Pixilate. If I want an ability to do something when I'm dealt super effective damage, I'll look at Weakness Policy (an item; yes, those can be helpful too). When you think of an ability's code as that, they're very simple to figure out.

That depends entirely on what the ability is meant to do.
* Does it do something on the overworld? Check Flame Body, Static, Intimidate...
* Does it do something when you take contact damage? Iron Barbs, Cursed Body...
* Is it related to weather or another field condition?
* Does it boost or negate damage? Torrent, Pixilate...
For almost every in-battle ability you can think of, there'll be something in the code to base it off that. If I want to code "Pixilate but Fire type" I'll look at Pixilate. If I want an ability to do something when I'm dealt super effective damage, I'll look at Weakness Policy (an item; yes, those can be helpful too). When you think of an ability's code as that, they're very simple to figure out.
I am not set on the number of new abilities I want to add, but the ability I am thinking of adding will work similar to Aegislash's Stance Change where a Pokémon will change form based on a certain move used