Completed Pokémon Kronos

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Hey I've started playing, I haven't finished yet but I've got a few bugs to report, and I'm also a bit lost as to where to go XD

This is just a small one, but you can actually see off the screen when standing here

You shouldn't be able to stand here but look at me on the edge!

These guys decide to come back and stand here after they've had their screentime when re-entering the map

You can stand on this door from entering from the side which actually lets you get into the arena

just a small pasability thing

This one is a bit more serious, but if I try to go to the left of the town where I can from by boat, this cutscene triggers again, and the fight happens all over again!

Anyway, I'm having trouble figuring out where to go next, I've done the double battle with the 2 rapidash but it still won't let me exit through the south.

Also are there running shoes in the game, it is just a bit slow without them, that's all.

Anyway, I do intend to finish this game, but so far it has been pretty good! All the towns I've seen so far have been pretty pretty. Also! That title screen intro thingy was very nice! It also seems like you've got yourself a fair amount of content in this game so congratz on finishing it all in a month and a bit!
Here's the patch!

Fixed the bugs and added the running shoes. You can go to Alexander's house (not Athenian Labs, the one with two stories) and talk to the man and he will give you the running shoes. Hope this helps!

Days

oh no

Same thing happens with the trees, but trees are not big deals
Don't know if this is intended or not xd
ps: sorry the picture is small

Aldo!

Adventurer
Hello~ I've been enjoying the game, it has a nice plot~

I found an oversight on the Trainer Card. The protagonist's sprite is smaller than it looks like it should be.

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Hello~ I've been enjoying the game, it has a nice plot~

I found an oversight on the Trainer Card. The protagonist's sprite is smaller than it looks like it should be.
Thank you! That sizing issue is due to EBS using smaller sized sprites than normal, the trainer card wasn't really meant to be seen so I don't think it is that big of an issue but nonetheless thank you for notifying us! We hope you continue to enjoy the game!

Michael

That One Guy
You get stuck in the door after exiting the inn in Ephescent Town - actually, I'm pretty sure you get stuck in every door in the town; and in reply to the previous comment about the trainer card, is there any instance in the game where you would actually see the trainer sprite besides the trainer card? If not, you could probs resize it anyway; also I've been waiting for ages in the Crypt of Azelf (assuming that's what you have to do) and nothing is happening. Did I do something wrong?

Last edited:

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
You get stuck in the door after exiting the inn in Ephescent Town - actually, I'm pretty sure you get stuck in every door in the town; and in reply to the previous comment about the trainer card, is there any instance in the game where you would actually see the trainer sprite besides the trainer card? If not, you could probs resize it anyway; also I've been waiting for ages in the Crypt of Azelf (assuming that's what you have to do) and nothing is happening. Did I do something wrong?
I am sorry about the doors in Ephescent Town I have tried to fix them three times and for some reason they keep resetting, I will check about this. As for the Crypt I'm pretty sure you have to wait 3 minutes and you cannot have it run in the background or that messes the game up.

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
I love your game so much. I have played it 2 times. You really make nice games. You twilight and Kronos.
Thank you so much! Did you encounter any bugs in your playthrough? Because I want to make sure there aren't any game breaking bugs haha

Gen8King

FanGameNewbie
I'm sorry it isn't working for you, have you tried playing it without screen recording? Otherwise try redownloading the game? I'm not quite sure what is wrong since nobody has brought an error like this to my attention but I am sure redownloading the game should solve the problem since it seems that sometimes there can be errors after downloading. I hope it works for you, and let me know if the problem persists! Also I'd love to watch your Let's Play so leave me a link when you finish! :)
What i meant was that in OBS Studio, there is only a black screen when recording the gameplay and also no sound. I mean how will I know if OBS Studio recorded the gameplay so that I can watch it before making a let's play?

Deo

the north star
Administrator
What i meant was that in OBS Studio, there is only a black screen when recording the gameplay and also no sound. I mean how will I know if OBS Studio recorded the gameplay so that I can watch it before making a let's play?
I use OBS and I'm able to stream/record gameplay fine. Adjust your settings, it has nothing to do with the game itself.

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Oh, yeah sorry I can't help you there :/

Deo

the north star
Administrator
This game is decent, and has good ideas at the core... but I have some pretty hefty gripes with it.

The game opens you with a huge exposition dump instead of easing the player into the game. It's understandable that the player is in the middle of going against the evil team, but there should still be some attempt to ease them into the game. It's also curious that the player was a member of this organization, yet the grunts don't seem to acknowledge that. (Unless I'm mistaken and some grunts actually do!)

I do like the setting of the game, but the lack of polish in this game really bogs it down. There's weird passibility errors, random signs without text, tile errors where some maps connect, some really rough warps in the middle of cutscenes, the NPCs in one house gave me a town map and running shoes where I could have missed them, a handful of the NPCs seem like one note filler or just that they're there to give me items, there's not a lot of object intractability in houses, there's a ton of grunts in the very first dungeon/area of the game, and I'm thrown into a battle the second I enter the second town... and more.

There's a fair bit, and I can't help but feel that some extra play testing might have gone a long way with this entry. I also can't ignore all of the bug reports and patches you've had to do -- things like exiting the interiors of an entire town are something we can't really overlook. This is rather frustrating as a judge because I would like to judge each game based on the strongest points they have, but I have to draw a line in the sand when the issues are this numerous.

I hope you continue working on it, though. As I said, I think there is a solid game underneath all of this. It just needs touching up and extensive play testing. I also hope this post doesn't demoralize you in any way -- I would love nothing more than to play an improved version in the future.

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
This game is decent, and has good ideas at the core... but I have some pretty hefty gripes with it.

The game opens you with a huge exposition dump instead of easing the player into the game. It's understandable that the player is in the middle of going against the evil team, but there should still be some attempt to ease them into the game. It's also curious that the player was a member of this organization, yet the grunts don't seem to acknowledge that. (Unless I'm mistaken and some grunts actually do!)

I do like the setting of the game, but the lack of polish in this game really bogs it down. There's weird passibility errors, random signs without text, tile errors where some maps connect, some really rough warps in the middle of cutscenes, the NPCs in one house gave me a town map and running shoes where I could have missed them, a handful of the NPCs seem like one note filler or just that they're there to give me items, there's not a lot of object intractability in houses, there's a ton of grunts in the very first dungeon/area of the game, and I'm thrown into a battle the second I enter the second town... and more.

There's a fair bit, and I can't help but feel that some extra play testing might have gone a long way with this entry. I also can't ignore all of the bug reports and patches you've had to do -- things like exiting the interiors of an entire town are something we can't really overlook. This is rather frustrating as a judge because I would like to judge each game based on the strongest points they have, but I have to draw a line in the sand when the issues are this numerous.

I hope you continue working on it, though. As I said, I think there is a solid game underneath all of this. It just needs touching up and extensive play testing. I also hope this post doesn't demoralize you in any way -- I would love nothing more than to play an improved version in the future.
Thank you so much for the feedback! We will try to fix these problems in the future, I think what the main problem for us was that we were too ambitious and we ran out of time to thoroughly playtest or add any meaningful things outside the storyline. I will definitely take all of this into consideration for next year's jam and I hope that whoever I end up working with and I will not have too many ambitious ideas that force us into a time crunch.