Completed Pokémon Castaway

Kyouma

Novice
I beat the guy in the house (was underleveled), but now I have a new problem. I went to the basement in the lab and now my Rotom can't change it's type back to Electric/Ghost. >_>

Michael

That One Guy
I beat the guy in the house (was underleveled), but now I have a new problem. I went to the basement in the lab and now my Rotom can't change it's type back to Electric/Ghost. >_>
Oh shoot - I never actually thought anyone would ever want to switch Rotom back so I never compensated for it. Sorry about that!

Kyouma

Novice
No big deal since I copy the game folder in case I mess up something. And kudos for adding Farfetched's evolution from the Gold/Silver beta.

Kyouma

Novice
Here's a tip for those who started with Deerling: Train the Magicarp you get in the plane wreck to Gyrados. Since Deerling is weak to Fighting and Fire types, Gyrados can cover both weaknesses, and it learns the powerful Trash move (the confusion can be cured with the Lum Berries you find). And the Rotom you get at the lab's basement can cover Gyrados Electric weakness (I always try to play games competitively).

Kyouma

Novice
Will the different responses I can give to the prison's scientists affect the further or are they just for fun?
(I deleted my Gible's Dragon Claw (better Sand Tomb) for Dragon Rush even though the latter is the last move it learns. >_>)

Last edited:

Michael

That One Guy
Will the different responses I can give to the prison's scientists affect the further or are they just for fun?
(I deleted my Gible's Dragon Claw (better Sand Tomb) for Dragon Rush even though the latter is the last move it learns. >_>)
Nah they're just for fun - Also mind putting this in a spoiler to not spoil the game?

Last edited:

bportas

Rookie
Really enjoying this game so far, a hugely unique and interesting take on the tried and tested formula. There's plenty to find within secret areas, which is a mechanic I love within any game - rewards for being a diligent explorer! One question however - are there any differences in evolution level/method?

In my case, I caught a Fletchinder in the forest really early on, around level 18. It's now level 41 and has never tried to evolve, despite being 6 levels past when it would usually become a Talonflame. I have a couple of level 35ish 'hanger ons' that really rely on evolving to become key members of the team - Scorupi and Goomy - and if they were also to fail to evolve, I would have wasted time training them up to level 40.

Obviously this is a short game, so training for the long term is a bit pointless, but it would be nice to know if I'm wasting my time!

Thanks again!

Michael

That One Guy
Really enjoying this game so far, a hugely unique and interesting take on the tried and tested formula. There's plenty to find within secret areas, which is a mechanic I love within any game - rewards for being a diligent explorer! One question however - are there any differences in evolution level/method?

In my case, I caught a Fletchinder in the forest really early on, around level 18. It's now level 41 and has never tried to evolve, despite being 6 levels past when it would usually become a Talonflame. I have a couple of level 35ish 'hanger ons' that really rely on evolving to become key members of the team - Scorupi and Goomy - and if they were also to fail to evolve, I would have wasted time training them up to level 40.

Obviously this is a short game, so training for the long term is a bit pointless, but it would be nice to know if I'm wasting my time!

Thanks again!
Hmm odd, although I don't remember updating the evolution methods so I don't know why it would be doing that.

[Edit] Yeah, turns out that it was just a problem with the PBS ~ I guess wherever I originally inputted it from didn't have the evo method defined for some reason. I've updated the game now but to save you the download, here's the PBS file. Nice catch!

Last edited:

moz44

Rookie
Hmm odd, although I don't remember updating the evolution methods so I don't know why it would be doing that.

[Edit] Yeah, turns out that it was just a problem with the PBS ~ I guess wherever I originally inputted it from didn't have the evo method defined for some reason. I've updated the game now but to save you the download, here's the PBS file. Nice catch!
I am still having this problem

moz44

Rookie

I checked the PBS with the latest version of Castaway and the evolution method is there, so I don't know why that would be the case. Are you playing an older version of the game?
I already completed the game so its fine, but I downloaded it yesterday so whichever one was on the forum is what I downloaded.

Ekat

That One Guy's GF
I already completed the game so its fine, but I downloaded it yesterday so whichever one was on the forum is what I downloaded.

That's strange, because I just debugged in a Fletchinder with a new copy of the game and it works just fine evolving. I asked Michael and he hasn't made a new upload of the game, either. Which I know for a fact is true because he's been driving since yesterday on vacation.

moz44

Rookie

That's strange, because I just debugged in a Fletchinder with a new copy of the game and it works just fine evolving. I asked Michael and he hasn't made a new upload of the game, either. Which I know for a fact is true because he's been driving since yesterday on vacation.
Im really not sure then but I deleted my game file after I beat the game. Thanks for looking into it none the less!

Dohmalore

Rookie
i just beat it!! ty for making it & letting us play! I like the pokemon variety a lot, like there are a lot of pokemon around but they all feel really appropriate for their setting & i got to use a team w/ a lot of pokemon i'd never used before!!

Tacking on to the last few people tho, my fletchinder also never evolved (found it in the PBS data & the evolution method line is in there & everything??)