Pokémon Berry Hunt
Berry Hunt v1.1
Fixed a major bug where the player would receive a Pokemon but it would be moved to the PC rather than into their team (although this bug was fixed when I played through the game, it is not guaranteed to always be the case. Let me know if this is causing you an issue and I'll get on it as soon as I can), fixed some tile errors and typos and some additional bugs. Special thanks to the twitch user Nurse Ethi for playing through my game and shedding some light on some things I needed to work on. I still plan on adding functionality to a few aspects of the game that I did not have time to finish, fixing some balance issues and overall making the game a challenging but fun experience. Feel free to reach out to me for some feedback as I'm relatively new to this community and I'd love to improve as a game dev any way I can! Thanks!
Berry Hunt v1.0
Pokemon Essentials on RPGMakerXP
Hello everyone! This is my first time participating in a Relic Castle Game Jam and I am really excited to finally finish something I've envisioned for quite some time. The premise for this game is that you play a girl that resides in an impoverished area near a city, secluded from the rest of society. It is not until a wise professor arrives and offers you and those that share a similar fate, a chance to escape mediocrity by participating in his Wild Berry Hunt! Will you help him fulfill his goals while uncovering the secrets that lurk beneath this dubious City? (Also please reach out to me for any concerns, comments, or possible bugs so I can update and patch anything that may need fixing. Since this is my first game, I expect a lot of things that I did not initially anticipate. Enjoy!)
- A wide range of berries that can be used to gain an upper-hand during battles.
- Most trainers contain Pokemon with specific abilities, moves and items that were explicitly chosen to revolve around the theme of berries. This was integrated into the game to explore a mechanic of Pokemon that has typically been underused within a lot of previous games while also providing an additional level strategic difficulty.
- A custom Pokemon team for the player that is tailored to taking advantage of the plethora of berries that will be around the world. This team contains custom upgrades throughout the completion of certain missions to reduce the need to grind wild Pokemon for levels.
- The player is unable to use traditional Pokemon Centers, which ensures the conservancy of berry use and provide a challenge to experienced Pokemon players.
- Alternate routes and plot points the player can choose from.
- Some additional features for you to discover!
Pokemon Essentials Kit:
This game is created for non-commercial use & all rights are reserved to the owners of the franchise.